• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

Attachments

• 15895138388972880118821897707200.jpg
    15895138388972880118821897707200.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 192
Update ... Plate on the way from MWOR. RT90C on the way from gawd knows where (eBay) and Anvil backordered from RRS. Waiting ... patiently ... sorta ...

Any other options for a good attachment on the RT-90c besides an anvil 30? I don't care for the clamp on a lever. Lever locking to the rifle is fine, but rather have a different arrangement to lock the head... so I know which one I'm moving when I'm flipping the lever under pressure.

Any other options for a good attachment on the RT-90c besides an anvil 30? I don't care for the clamp on a lever. Lever locking to the rifle is fine, but rather have a different arrangement to lock the head... so I know which one I'm moving when I'm flipping the lever under pressure.
You really do get used to it. Give it a few days of dry fire and you would be super comfortable on an anvil30.

You can give the ta3 leveling a try maybe you’ll like that more?

Reactions: FishDr

I wasn't thrilled with the lever in the beginning either. But after using it awhile, I've come to really like it a lot. You can flip the rifle clamp to open in either direction which may help in locating the correct lever.

You really do get used to it. Give it a few days of dry fire and you would be super comfortable on an anvil30.

^this is true.

So mine showed up today, holy shit it’s built like a tank and I can see why everyone suggested it over the 80. Now to get some time behind it before ordering a different head and see if I can make the factory one work till I figure out what I really want.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
I just removed and installed some muzzle breaks on a couple of ARs using the RT90 and an Anvil 30. It didn't struggle to remove or re-torque. That was after using it to mount and level several scopes.

Reactions: MPrimo
Update ... Plate on the way from MWOR. RT90C on the way from gawd knows where (eBay) and Anvil backordered from RRS. Waiting ... patiently ... sorta ...
I was looking around on mile high and they have the anvil in stock along with a lot of other rrs parts.

Came in today what a beast. Here is it all shrunk down.

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_165813.jpg
    IMG_20200515_165813.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 188
So I‘m learning about tripods and have been looking at this one, why is the head that comes with it no good?
At this point I‘m only killing squirrels, but eventually I’ll use it to compete.

Reactions: Rexwagon
So I‘m learning about tripods and have been looking at this one, why is the head that comes with it no good?
At this point I‘m only killing squirrels, but eventually I’ll use it to compete.
It’s not terrible. It has a limitation of adjustment if you need to shoot at angles. The most limiting factor is that the machining of the internal mechanism is of chinese origin. It is not smooth to pan and adjust. The tension knob loosens the bowl and it gets sloppy. Especially after small amounts of dust are introduced. Now if your not shooting competitions. Or taking things too serious it will be just fine for your needs.

Reactions: Rant Durden
The anvil was purpose built for shooting. the design is so easy to use and lets you use either piccatinny or arca rail. its versitile, built like a brick shithouse and butter smooth.

Use it. Once you do, you'll realize its shortcomings. Upgrade then if needed. It may work just fine for you.

I love and hate this thread.......love it for showing me an “affordable” carbon fiber tripod. Hate it because I just ordered a RT90C and should be here Monday according to fedex from HK!
I haven't quite pushed the go button and if someone made just an aluminum one for half the price, I would get it. But damn this one looks STOUT.

Has anyone got one of these? Little more than the RT80C or the upgraded version, but looks like it goes to the 75mm bowl.

Before I get e-buttfvcked by you guys has anyone tried the Innorel RT90C tripod? It's carbon fiber with 40mm tubes. Max height is about 63" and low about 7" and can support 80+ pounds. They are going for $290 or so imported from China.
Yes I'm all about supporting vendors and keeping money state side but if any vendor can sell me a similarly spec'ed tripod for the same price I'm game. Two Vets sells a similar one (40 Mike Mike) and no offense but $200 difference can buy me a shit load of other stuff. Yes yes.. RRS buy once cry once. I honestly I think I'll be fine with a $300 tripod for now.
Tracking this.

I haven't quite pushed the go button and if someone made just an aluminum one for half the price, I would get it. But damn this one looks STOUT.

Has anyone got one of these? Little more than the RT80C or the upgraded version, but looks like it goes to the 75mm bowl.
Looks around the innorel store, I just picked up a 90 for 250 from them.

Well damn that does look solid. I’m gonna have to wait for another used one to pop up on amazon for $250. Jeez that still sounds like a lot for just a tripod tho

Well damn that does look solid. I’m gonna have to wait for another used one to pop up on amazon for $250. Jeez that still sounds like a lot for just a tripod tho
It’s not terrible, compared to other stout carbon tripods but still not cheap although it’s worth the small investment.

This is the RRS top of the line equivalent to the tripod this thread is about. By comparison it's a bargain.

100% this^ The $250-$300 RT90C is a steal compared to the other options. For what you get it can't be beat. If you can't spend $300 dollars on a tripod then you probably don't need one.

This thing is beeefy!!!! Thanks everyone for starting this thread. $317 shipped off amazon and it came
Quick. Within 2 weeks direct from HK.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 108
I'm not cutting mine, or finding the failure stress points of mine, but would love to see some of these compared in this manner. Weight and load carrying are easy specifications to compare, material strength, construction, and quality control are not.

Stress test video, RRS, Feisol, Leofoto, RT90, etc. Cross section, layers, knobs, normal stress as deployed, stress on one leg (someone falling into a loaded and deployed leg), etc.

In response to a lighter version I did lighten one of tbe plates today it saves about 4 oz which isn't worth it in ky option.

Also I tested out one made from delrin. It is 10 oz lighter (6oz) seams pretty rigid. It's non maring and already black.

I don't have a $ on these till I get some time in the field with it and some weight. But if anyone wants to test one maybe I could work something out.

The Alum plates will no longer be 80/90cerakoted going forward they will be 115.00

Attachments

• 20200519_131358.jpg
    20200519_131358.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 20200305_235027.jpg
    20200305_235027.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Has anyone set a RRS-TA-U-LC on one of these? I already have one on a smaller Fiesol and might run it on the RT90c for awhile.

That is what I have. They don't make them anymore, the TA-2U replaced it. It is shorter and has a 20 degree range instead of 15.

It works fantastic. The little set screw base fits perfectly aligned with the base plate of the tripod to really lock it in and not worry about any sort of coming loose.

Reactions: 260284
Hey fellas,

After following this thread I purchased the RT90c from amazon, the RRS Anvil 30 from Mile High, and the adapter from @midwestoffroad I have to say I’m 100% satisfied with this combo. I’m coming from a pig 0311g with a pig saddle which had a considerable amount of movement once you clamped the rifle in place and applied any kind of force. This combo is far more solid and I’m quite amazed with the anvil 30’s ability to hold the rifle rock steady in place. Midwestoffroad’s adapter is well machined and bolts right up to the Anvil 30 and drops into the RT90c.

This setup holds my heavy ass AI with the arca rail way out on the forend with no problem so the Ruger rprr 22 felt like it wasn’t even there.

However, I haven’t had the opportunity to mount my sticks on an RRS tri pod so I can’t give y’all any comparison.

7D07633F-9FF6-4202-A695-2D5842B184D1.jpeg
93D2B902-981F-4C98-B6E5-A28403BDA66B.jpeg

Mine should be here tomorrow. Damned Chinese shipped it to the wrong address. All fixed ... assuming it's the right piece. MWOR plate here ... Anvil 30 on backorder but should ship soon. I love it when a plan comes together!

Reactions: midwestoffroad