• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

Post 710 was posted today, or approximately 45 days AFTER I ordered my Anvil
You can still order the plate from rrs or you can go through the hassle of having one made for you. Not sure why that’s hard to understand, but do whatever floats your boat.

You can still order the plate from rrs or you can go through the hassle of having one made for you. Not sure why that’s hard to understand, but do whatever floats your boat.

Maybe it's because I want to help a small business owner during this time of need. Maybe it's because I can't find the plate on its own on the RRS site. Maybe it's because RRS takes a while to ship. Take your pick and there's my answer

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Maybe it's because I want to help a small business owner during this time of need. Maybe it's because I can't find the plate on its own on the RRS site. Maybe it's because RRS takes a while to ship. Take your pick and there's my answer
You’re a saint

Reactions: khuber84
Well it's quite a bit smaller that a for sure lol .
I'll finish it up Tuesday

One thing I did notice is the RRS plate is not as thick as the dimensions I received from Canezach as compared to the one I used as a template. So it will sit a little deeper in the tripod base.

One positive is mine is pretty clean. The RRS plate had 6 screw holes on the top. Mine are a'll on the bottom.. less potential for rust or mud. .

Attachments

• 15862381498327992400935599292198.jpg
    15862381498327992400935599292198.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Three months in with this thing and still no issues.
I've been running the Anvil-30 on mine direct mounted to the stud with red loctite and it has been totally fine thus far. I've kept the included leveling base with a pig saddle on it for all the communist non-arca types that need to borrow a tripod at a match or out shooting. I can unlock the top clamp, switch bases, let them shoot, and switch back with no tools, and that has proven to be an awesome bonus. Only takes about 30 seconds to swap, and it's good to go.

This is another video I took shooting standing at a 12" plate 300 yards out. Nothing super crazy and no target transitions, but I wanted to show that this thing is plenty stable for shot repeatability and recoil control.

I looked over the thread a second time but didn’t see anything confirming is this the same tripod as the 2vets and the pva comp 40?

I looked over the thread a second time but didn’t see anything confirming is this the same tripod as the 2vets and the pva comp 40?

The legs are identical. The difference is in the diameter of the plate. Check my post above for the differences in plate diameter

Finally got everything set up with the custom plate from @midwestoffroad and RRS Anvil30. This thing is amazing! Now with my limited experience with tripods all I have to say is that this thing is stable as stable can be. It's rock solid from every position including standing. I would also like to add that those saying their leg twist locks took too much rotation to "unlock", I don't know if I got a "good one" or what, but mine only take about approx. 1/4-1/3 of a rotation to unlock and let the legs slide in or out freely. There is no question this tripod is heavy. It's much heavier than an RRS but this total setup puts me right at approx. $750 spent. Compared to an RRS fully setup would be approx. $1700-1800. I have shot off a friends Gitzo before which is a $900 dollar tripod and other than the name I could not tell a difference between that one and this RT90C. I have no questions this tripod setup bats higher with the more expensive options than it actually costs. Due to the quarantine I am stuck here dry firing but it handles my 22lb comp rig like its nothing. View attachment 7286108
I'd think if you ever had any issues with the milkman, postman, salesman, or any visitors of the undesireable kind after installing this welcome mat they're unlikely to return...

As posted earlier, we run a Feild Match that is 95% tripod based. I set the COF to challenge the set-up and use of the tripods; the way teams think when they glass vs. the shooting height and finally how they adjust them on the clock. This is in large part because we are just in rolling hills like you find in Central Coast pig hunting, so prone just does not work.

Most of the tripod photos and even many videos offering instruction are missing several of the nuances. I think because so many people's experience is on a flat piece of ground, with no time pressure, they haven't really taken the time to explore more efficient ways of working with them or are copying what they've seen on the internet.

I suggested a few pages back, about leg position and letting the tripod do more of the work; this also enables the shooter to load less to and reduce the cheek pressure required, thus making the shot more stable. Among consistency benefits with other positions, it has the added benefits of changing where the support hand rides; rather than reversed on the legs, it can remain on the head for rapid target adjustment while reducing the reach and keeping the shoulds a hair more square. The other school of thought is that the recoil can spin if the rear legs are not perfectly perpendicular to the bore axis. This is true is all other parts are not squared away. Each method has disadvantages; both could fail if a total system and practice are wrong or not utilized. I also mentioned the out of the box thinking what should be the adjustment leg, etc. yet; I am sure many didn't grasp the value. I will be sharing images on these and a few more tips as well as attempting to explain why they are more efficient.

Anyway, due to the SIP, we canceled some of the free clinics we were hosting for shooters to learn tripod techniques, team communication, and practice the field match. It got me thinking, a rare thing many might say. So, I decided to do a series of posts covering everything from debriefing a stage from last year's sold-out match to tips and tricks for using tripods, working with PLRFs, arm-boards, and examples/spoilers for our 2020 November UKD Team Field Match.

The match was sold out about 10 months in advance, so this is more a way to share with Hide guys, not much more. I welcome questions or advice from other shooters who shot our past matches or The Sniper Challenge or the RTC series or any of you guys really.

The bad part is that it might be hard to follow as the posts will just be placed inside a thread, so controlling the narrative might prove difficult. The plan is to debrief the most complicated stage from last year so people can get a feel for what a course director or someone like me might be thinking when they determine the stage challenge. Then pepper in general topics that are important to the general success of a field match, but also really helpful for the longer-range hunter; going back and forth between a stage examples and a general use tip topics. Some of the general topics will be how to understand the beam on your PLRF using a Getto trick to using NV or how better/faster to deploy and utilize a tripod that is key in field matches and hunting.

I am planning on a new stage or topic dropping every few weeks, over the next several months. I do not have all the answers, yet hopeful that the topics might be at least food for thought. If you have better ideas or questions, I'd be glad to see them. I just posted a stage example from last year, and next week plan on posting tripod tips and tricks. I am sure I will also post new stages I have tested and ready this year as a spoiler ~ But the main goal of this particular match is skill development anyway.

Love to see some of you guys in the thread,

Jim

PS. To try to keep the intro, Stage debriefs and Tip posts somewhat easy to find. I put shortcut links in the Orginal post so you can skip to the topic.

Last edited:
Where’s the best place to purchase one of the RT99C tripods at the moment? Still Amazon?

Anyone ever buy anything from this site?

It’s $50 less than I can find on Amazon, but I have my concerns...

Where’s the best place to purchase one of the RT99C tripods at the moment? Still Amazon?

And a 10% coupon for first order. But no idea... I bought from Amazon for protection.

I would probably buy from amazon as well. I looked into that site before but it had me sketched out

Did you buy from there? Or just go with Amazon? I can't find any reviews of the site...if you use it, give report please.

Be aware that even though you buy from Amazon it will still come from China/HK mine has been waiting for clearance in Shanghai for about a week until today.

Lack of com air is slowing a lot of shipments.

Did you buy from there? Or just go with Amazon? I can't find any reviews of the site...if you use it, give report please.

Nope, no interest in being the guinea pig, but the price made it tempting. I just used my discover cash-back points to buy from Amazon and now I waiiiiiiiiiit.... mid-June delivery on an item that is supposedly in-stock, wtf. Must be taking the slow boat from Hong Kong.

My luck someone will be the guinea pig, buy it for $250 minus 10%, and have it hand well before my Amazon order shows up.

Nope, no interest in being the guinea pig, but the price made it tempting. I just used my discover cash-back points to buy from Amazon and now I waiiiiiiiiiit.... mid-June delivery on an item that is supposedly in-stock, wtf. Must be taking the slow boat from Hong Kong.

My luck someone will be the guinea pig, buy it for $250 minus 10%, and have it hand well before my Amazon order shows up.

Mid June does suck! I feel ya on the bad luck for sure...that's usually how it goes. Ha!

Mid June was what I was looking at as well when I was trying to buy one. I ended up finding a used rrs tvc34 with anvil 30 locally for a steal.

I bought the 80 version off of Amazon they said mid May to Mid June delivery. I got it today. I have a shoot tomorrow but still waiting on my ball head. Took a little over a week to get it.

So I purchased the 80 earlier this week. At first, the delivery was a week or 2. Now, if you pull it up, the 80 says unavailable, and the 90, though it's in stock, says June 22-July 14. WTF?
I'm thinking of cancelling my 80 order and ordering the AS80C. Says its the upgraded RT80C. This crap is so confusing....

So I purchased the 80 earlier this week. At first, the delivery was a week or 2. Now, if you pull it up, the 80 says unavailable, and the 90, though it's in stock, says June 22-July 14. WTF?
I'm thinking of cancelling my 80 order and ordering the AS80C. Says its the upgraded RT80C. This crap is so confusing....
That is what I ordered the AS80c they showed may to june delivery but i got it in a little over a week. Used it today without a ball head as it hasn't arrived. Just used it for spotting with bino's had to rig up a bracket to make it work but it sure is nice to have a tall tripod and it is sturdy. Not a great test but its heads and shoulders over my old cheap tripod.

Reactions: D1gger
From whom did you order? I ordered--an hour ago-- from the site Smoky 24_24 recommended. Twenty minutes ago I got a cancellation notice saying they couldn't verify my information at the bank. So I just fired off an email to see what happened. I've never had this happen before, but I can tell you this; I've experienced no fewer that four "storefront" frauds in the last week on eBay and Amazon (third party sellers, NOT eBay or Amazon) The virus apparently provides ample opportunity for conn-jobs. For a chuckle: Night before last I got a call from Kingston, Surrey County, Jamaica. Fella told me that 10,000 Alaskans--cell phone customers only--were selected to run in Publisher's Clearing House and that he was verifying my idendty so he could deposit the 5.5 million and register the new car... Shucks I said how come Ed McMahon isn't on the line? Fella said he was taking the day off. And the cow jumped over the moon. So be careful out there 'cause me daddy be right; "there's a fool born every minute and two to take 'em."

I've seen them listed all over the place, but I ended up ordering from Amazon. I did it really for the "security" of it.
I tried to cancel the first one I ordered, and they made me email the seller. Today I received an email from the seller that they cancelled my order, no problem, so I guess ordering from Amazon was worth it. It's showing the AS80C will be here by next Sunday. We'll see-

The as80c shows that it will deliver next Saturday if you order it the use innorel storefront on Amazon.

The as80c seems like it takes care of my only gripe I don't like on my rt80c, it now has the 3rd and lowest angle setting on the leg and the angle lock adjuster looks beefed up from the pictures they show.

My tripod made it to Memphis and says will be delivered tomorrow. Contacting the Innorel store via amazon they were pretty responsive and said they’d refund me 10% for it being late. Someone else posted before that if you contact them after you place the order but before it ships and tell them you need it sooner they will change shipping method to try and accommodate. Can’t really complain with all this bs going on.

Order from Amazon. The one that says "sold by USA Innorel" It's not sold by USA innorel actually it comes from china still but your purchase is backed by Amazon. That's what I did and it also showed up weeks earlier than it was supposed to.

From whom did you order? I ordered--an hour ago-- from the site Smoky 24_24 recommended. Twenty minutes ago I got a cancellation notice saying they couldn't verify my information at the bank. So I just fired off an email to see what happened. I've never had this happen before, but I can tell you this; I've experienced no fewer that four "storefront" frauds in the last week on eBay and Amazon (third party sellers, NOT eBay or Amazon) The virus apparently provides ample opportunity for conn-jobs. For a chuckle: Night before last I got a call from Kingston, Surrey County, Jamaica. Fella told me that 10,000 Alaskans--cell phone customers only--were selected to run in Publisher's Clearing House and that he was verifying my idendty so he could deposit the 5.5 million and register the new car... Shucks I said how come Ed McMahon isn't on the line? Fella said he was taking the day off. And the cow jumped over the moon. So be careful out there 'cause me daddy be right; "there's a fool born every minute and two to take 'em."
Seller is named Artcise on Amazon.

Tripod came in today this thing is beast. Legs extend freely after about 1/3-1/2 turn and lock up tight. Going shooting tomorrow so will have some impressions soon.

38A5723F-61C3-4022-9B83-7193C83BF3EE.jpeg

I got the -90, my SRS weighs 16.6 lbs so not much of a challenge for it.

Reactions: D1gger
that rt90 price @ $254 is sweet!
I got mine right around that price back in November off of amazon. I got the original coupon for I think 15 bucks off, then Black Friday came and it was an extra 30 bucks off so I called amazon and they gave me the credit.

look at post #735, he has a link there. I got mine off Amazon since I dont trust the f*ckin Chinese, esp now.

I got mine right around that price back in November off of amazon. I got the original coupon for I think 15 bucks off, then Black Friday came and it was an extra 30 bucks off so I called amazon and they gave me the credit.

I'm pretty sure that short of physical damage to the 90c, IMO, you will not be disappointed in your purchase. then combine it with Midwestoffroad's base and a RRS Anvil and you have a really solid setup.

im finally putting mine together tonight. RT90C & Leofoto YB75LC head. (RRS is out of budget & Im using it for spotting 90% of the time)

Reactions: C.R. Adams
I know this might be out of the budget for some of you, but it is the only time I have seen a discount offered, so I thought it was worth sharing. I know you guys are into the best deals. You'll have to ping @hic28 and tell him you saw the discount in the thread below.
Able-table.png

You can spot and shoot at the same time. But it is super cool when added with some of the other attachments. He posted a lot more images etc in the thread above.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: lou400a
Has anyone used the 80 with a hog or pig saddle? Without using one it seems this would be a great starter route. What do y’all think?

I just grabbed one one the RT80 updates and waiting for it to arrive from amazon, anyone have experience with the 80’s found a fair bit on the 90’s but very little on the 80

I just grabbed one one the RT80 updates and waiting for it to arrive from amazon, anyone have experience with the 80’s found a fair bit on the 90’s but very little on the 80
What information are you looking for? Just got done shooting a bunch off it standing yesterday.

Attachments

• 5BA090FF-0630-4C4A-B778-05D04B1C8CDB.jpeg
    5BA090FF-0630-4C4A-B778-05D04B1C8CDB.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: CageFighter
What information are you looking for? Just got done shooting a bunch off it standing yesterday.
I guess a basic over view, how much flex does it have, any issues with the leg extensions slipping and how’s the bowl adapter/can I use a 75mm bowl if I wanted. I’m coming from a shadow tech pig tripod that which has been pretty solid for hunting and glassing the last year just not exactly what I’m looking for in a tripod to shoot off for matches.

I guess a basic over view, how much flex does it have, any issues with the leg extensions slipping and how’s the bowl adapter/can I use a 75mm bowl if I wanted. I’m coming from a shadow tech pig tripod that which has been pretty solid for hunting and glassing the last year just not exactly what I’m looking for in a tripod to shoot off for matches.

it does have a little flex in it, and I’m planning on buying an rt90c to shoot off and use the rt80c for spotting. I use the bottom two legs extended, and next time I’ll try with the top two instead to see if it makes a difference. I’m using a leofoto lh-55 no neck and threw away the bowl adapter when it came in. I’ll upload a video shooting off it, but the attached picture is 5 rounds on a 2 moa target with some pretty good wind at 600yds. Spotting the hits and getting back on target was easy but it still had a decent wobble zone.

Link shooting at 500 yds

Attachments

• 5D45C145-9CD1-4CF0-8B00-D8DF28893705.jpeg
    5D45C145-9CD1-4CF0-8B00-D8DF28893705.jpeg
    864.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Returned the 80 for the 90. If you're gonna carry it any distance, the 80 is the one. If you're not carrying it, the 90 is much more stable and stout. The added weight actually helps with stability.

It’s going to be relegated to just match work and spotting, I’ve got the shadow tech one for anything that needs to be carried distance. Is there that significant of a difference in stoutness between the 80 and 90