Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
Mine arrived yesterday a day earlier than expected and I had the same mounting experience you did. I’d highly recommend this to any that are on the fence!

Looks like @midwestoffroad is going to be in the shop a lot this Summer! :eek::)
Uh I just ordered mine Tuesday and it came yesterday along with my Anvil 30. Anvil 30 screwed right to the base that comes with it.

My Midwest plate will be here Mon/Tue

Last edited:

rybe390

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
How do folks here feel about mounting an anvil 30 to a Hog Saddle/Shadowtech CF4 or 0311G? I'm 10/10 for sure on the anvil 30, used one recently, but I'm super split on what tripod to use. I will hunt with this so I'd like to steer away from the leveling base tripods for packed size. Holler if you have any recommendations for what tripod to mount to the anvil 30. CF is a plus, under 4 lbs is a plus, and no level base is a plus for pack size. Thanks all!

chutinlead

Chutin Big Lead
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
How do folks here feel about mounting an anvil 30 to a Hog Saddle/Shadowtech CF4 or 0311G? I'm 10/10 for sure on the anvil 30, used one recently, but I'm super split on what tripod to use. I will hunt with this so I'd like to steer away from the leveling base tripods for packed size. Holler if you have any recommendations for what tripod to mount to the anvil 30. CF is a plus, under 4 lbs is a plus, and no level base is a plus for pack size. Thanks all!
You should check out RSS's SOAR tripods. Im no expert but I think they made those for the anvil and don't have quite the bulky leveling base the innorel has.

rybe390

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
You should check out RSS's SOAR tripods. Im no expert but I think they made those for the anvil and don't have quite the bulky leveling base the innorel has.
I'd love to but I don't have that kind of money. I'm happy to drop the $350 on the anvil, but need to stick around $350 for the tripod legs too.

Found the leofoto ls364c and it's starting to look very attractive.

rockmyglock

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Apr 3, 2011
Idaho
I'd love to but I don't have that kind of money. I'm happy to drop the $350 on the anvil, but need to stick around $350 for the tripod legs too.

Found the leofoto ls364c and it's starting to look very attractive.
Be sure to budget enough time for repairs, bourbon for the headaches and enough self congratulations to remind yourself of how much money you saved when it inevitably falls apart, breaks your gear, blows your hunt, drops your shot and makes you second guess your desire to save a few pennies.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
Be sure to budget enough time for repairs, bourbon for the headaches and enough self congratulations to remind yourself of how much money you saved when it inevitably falls apart, breaks your gear, blows your hunt, drops your shot and makes you second guess your desire to save a few pennies.
Do you have an RT90c? Do you have anything to say regarding the RT90c? Or are you just in here starting shit cause you want to start shit? Nobody cares if you think its a good or bad buy. Every one has its uses, and place.

rybe390

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Well screw me for not even being able to afford a $1400 tripod. I'm trying to find a somewhat happy medium of the functionality I experienced recently on a full rrs rig, but know I can't spend that money. Not now, or if I save, it's too big an ask. I'll put the money into the anvil but need cheaper legs.

The tripod in this thread is appealing but the apex is too large for a backpack. Trying to see if anyone has used the leofoto ranger series with the smaller apex but same legs some have found to be stable.

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2017
Brighton, MI
Well screw me for not even being able to afford a $1400 tripod. I'm trying to find a somewhat happy medium of the functionality I experienced recently on a full rrs rig, but know I can't spend that money. Not now, or if I save, it's too big an ask. I'll put the money into the anvil but need cheaper legs.

The tripod in this thread is appealing but the apex is too large for a backpack. Trying to see if anyone has used the leofoto ranger series with the smaller apex but same legs some have found to be stable.
Dude, get what you can afford and will work for you. I myself would rather spend my extra money on my rifle/optics/ammo than spend an extra 500-800 on a tripod. I am not knocking RRS, if I had the extra money I would pick one up...and that is my plan. Hell i used alot cheaper tripods in Aghan and Iraq and had no problems. But putting someone down for needing to stay under a budget is just plain stupid. It would be different if you were expecting RRS quality/support and buying a cheaper product, but you are going into it with the correct expectations.

Don't pay attention to the few that will put people down for not buying the top tier gear. No one knows each other's personal situations that drive their decisions. Also, I am pretty sure someone was using a PIG 0311 tripod up until this year....so i don't know where these comments are coming from.

stephanovich

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2019
I do think the Anvil makes more sense on a smaller base; that's a lot of bowl just to get slightly girthier legs. I'd trade some packed length and stability for a TVC-22I MK2+ANVIL-30 at triple the price (of my chinesium leveling base+rt90c) if I was using it on the clock more.

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Belligerents
Dec 20, 2017
your desire to save a few pennies.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpeg

few
pronoun, plural in construction
Save Word
\ ˈfyü \
Definition of few
(Entry 1 of 3)
: not many persons or things few were presentfew of his stories are true

few
adjective
Definition of few (Entry 2 of 3)
1: consisting of or amounting to only a small number one of our few pleasures
2: at least some but indeterminately small in number —used with acaught a few fish
few and far between
: few in number and infrequently met : RARE

few
noun, plural in construction
Definition of few (Entry 3 of 3)
1: a small number of units or individuals a few of them
2: a special limited number the discriminating few

Reactions: Lunchbox27

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
I ordered the adapter plate from Mid West, and received it last week. I have the RT80 tripod and it is not needed, and will not work on it. Anyone need one of the adapters?

just browsing

Just enough to be dangerous
Belligerents
Feb 18, 2017
NE PA
Anyone have an old TA-U-LC universal leveling head they aren’t using and willing to part with? I could go Anvil with the MWOR plate but majority of my tripod usage will be spotting with Binos and I think the leveling head is more optimized for that than the Anvil is.

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2017
Brighton, MI
Anyone have an old TA-U-LC universal leveling head they aren’t using and willing to part with? I could go Anvil with the MWOR plate but majority of my tripod usage will be spotting with Binos and I think the leveling head is more optimized for that than the Anvil is.
I know a couple guys that have them for sale. I will ask if they still have them and to contact you. I am trying to decide between the gen 2 universal leveling base or anvil

Reactions: just browsing