• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

wanted to thank you for pointing out this option, I appreciate it. Saved me money and time.

i added the leofoto long handle w/hook to my rt90c. Figured were so many people trying to fit numerous leveling bases. This one fits & functions great. Pics should show exact model number if anyone is interested.

Im curious who else tried this set up out? Pricing on the Leofoto head isnt bad.

Reactions: Guiseppe83
I ended up buying one of the Innorel N52 ball heads off of amazon to start with. Super impressive to me for less than $100, I paid $85 with a $5 coupon. Comes with two QR dovetail plates, you can kinda see one in the attached photos used with the bino mount.

Tension is adjustable from super loose to almost can't move the gun, and is over at least a full revolution of the knob so you can definitely set it where you can move it around to aim but it holds the gun in place when you let it go.

On my particular head the pan base knob did come off when trying to loosen it, looks like the glue came loose. But easy fix with red loctite, and I'm not super concerned with that as I'm going to leave it locked down (I can pan with the flat base of the tripod if I want to).

I have only shot off of it with my CZ455 so far as I'm still waiting for the chassis for my 6.5, but really easy to hit steel with a .22 out to 150 off of it. Ran a couple mock stages and did very well. Excited to get the big gun on it as soon as I can...
20200123_224318.jpg

20200123_224333.jpg
20200123_224757.jpg
20200123_225222.jpg

Product link:

Anyone have a direct comparison of the rt80 vs a night goggles night stalker? How much more sturdy is it? (I'm using a neewer carbon tripod from Amazon that is very similar) I just ordered the new upgraded version of the rt80. They call it the as80c. What should i expect? I'm a predator hunter from Pennsylvania. Check our videos out at Elk Creek Outdoors on youtube!

@midwestoffroad you absolutely killed it with the anvil plate. I’m so happy with how it came out. Everything fits like a glove. The cap screws you sent me are not the right size, but no big deal. Went to the hardware store and got some 8-32 x 5/8 and they fit perfect.
06B2F66F-478D-4BCD-9F3F-C52E913917E0.jpeg
CDE61FB5-4428-480F-BC2F-0B8C3A28072C.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
@midwestoffroad you absolutely killed it with the anvil plate. I’m so happy with how it came out. Everything fits like a glove. The cap screws you sent me are not the right size, but no big deal. Went to the hardware store and got some 8-32 x 5/8 and they fit perfect. View attachment 7233126View attachment 7233127View attachment 7233144
Looks great I'm glad this version actually worked out . This was a test to see if it would. But sorry on the screws thought they were the wrong ones lol when i mentioned it when getting you the tracking.

Quick overview.. Picked up the RT90C from UPS today and went home to mess with it. Immediate thoughts are that it is substantial and nicely constructed. The locking collars are smooth and don’t feel gritty when turning. The position/pivot locking tabs are smooth to push in and out. The anodizing looks even as well. I don’t see anything chintzy about this $300 tripod. Only thing I need to do is loosen the tension on the pivots so the legs can swing out easier. It’s super stiff right now. The main legs are 40mm. The included carry bag is nicely padded.
And yes. It can go LOW. I’m happy so far with the purchase from just messing with it.
View attachment 6992824View attachment 6992825
Not really attempting to bring an old thread alive, however, USPS just dropped off my RT90C. Now they you’ve had it for awhile anything new to report?

So far this has passed the living room test!

Attachments

• 86CB3692-7DD3-45E3-8573-8098FC65A79B.jpeg
    86CB3692-7DD3-45E3-8573-8098FC65A79B.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 135
Quick overview.. Picked up the RT90C from UPS today and went home to mess with it. Immediate thoughts are that it is substantial and nicely constructed. The locking collars are smooth and don’t feel gritty when turning. The position/pivot locking tabs are smooth to push in and out. The anodizing looks even as well. I don’t see anything chintzy about this $300 tripod. Only thing I need to do is loosen the tension on the pivots so the legs can swing out easier. It’s super stiff right now. The main legs are 40mm. The included carry bag is nicely padded.
And yes. It can go LOW. I’m happy so far with the purchase from just messing with it.
View attachment 6992824View attachment 6992825
Not really attempting to bring an old thread alive, however, USPS just dropped off my RT90C. Now they you’ve had it for awhile anything new to report?

So far this has passed the living room test!

Thanks @midwestoffroad

this is the adapter plate with the RRS adapter plate together.

Attachments

• B7AAE7F2-F038-4452-AB56-CDD0858A5AA8.jpeg
    B7AAE7F2-F038-4452-AB56-CDD0858A5AA8.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 54682F97-BA48-456A-800A-58A7ACD75436.jpeg
    54682F97-BA48-456A-800A-58A7ACD75436.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 212
  • FCF41803-A28B-4FAC-BF16-E5DEBE9F3590.jpeg
    FCF41803-A28B-4FAC-BF16-E5DEBE9F3590.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 233
  • 2A82892C-F855-4D02-91E7-E890F0F22B7E.jpeg
    2A82892C-F855-4D02-91E7-E890F0F22B7E.jpeg
    624.7 KB · Views: 245
Does anyone know if a D LOW 55 ball head will fit a RT80c (the lighter/smaller innorel tripod)....Thanks!

Thanks guys! Missed that post going through the thread. One last question somewhat related to thread. Trying to decide
Between the dlow 55 and the gnn fb 52 ball heads. Ill be mounting a pig saddle or hog saddle in it on the rct80 Tripod. Thanks for any input!

Reactions: TACC
Been watching this thread for a while but haven’t seen the answer to this:

What seems to be the preferred combo to use the RT90c with a leveling base and hog/pig saddle?

Thanks,

John

Been watching this thread for a while but haven’t seen the answer to this:

What seems to be the preferred combo to use the RT90c with a leveling base and hog/pig saddle?

Thanks,

John

I would go with the Leofoto long handle w/hook (p/n YB-75LC) and the RT90C tripod. (or the RRS TA-3-LC-HK if u have the extra $$$)

I would go with the Leofoto long handle w/hook (p/n YB-75LC) and the RT90C tripod. (or the RRS TA-3-LC-HK if u have the extra $$$)

Does it mount direct to the RT90c’s bowl or require an adapter? Appears to have the ARCA adapter. How would it mount to a hog/pig saddle?

Thanks,

John

Does it mount direct to the RT90c’s bowl or require an adapter? Appears to have the ARCA adapter. How would it mount to a hog/pig saddle?

Thanks,

John

"i added the leofoto long handle w/hook to my rt90c. Figured were so many people trying to fit numerous leveling bases. This one fits & functions great. Pics should show exact model number if anyone is interested."

........look at post #511 and statement above. (set-up is shown w 3 pics) *huge thanks to Guiseppe83

"i added the leofoto long handle w/hook to my rt90c. Figured were so many people trying to fit numerous leveling bases. This one fits & functions great. Pics should show exact model number if anyone is interested."

........look at post #511 and statement above. (set-up is shown w 3 pics) *huge thanks to Guiseppe83

So can the Lefoto leveling base be used with a hog saddle or pig saddle?

John

Is anyone running the Innorel N52 ballhead? I just got one to see the quality and it doesnt open far enough to drop anything rrs related in(my mpa, mdt acc, misc rrs plates). I dont see any where to adjust the knob either. I messaged USA innorel through amazon but might just return it.

Is anyone running the Innorel N52 ballhead? I just got one to see the quality and it doesnt open far enough to drop anything rrs related in(my mpa, mdt acc, misc rrs plates). I dont see any where to adjust the knob either. I messaged USA innorel through amazon but might just return it.

I have the N52 and both my ACC and 419 rails fit.

I have the N52 and both my ACC and 419 rails fit.
Well good to know. Hopefully they just send another out. Other than that it is pretty solid for the money. I am still gonna run a rrs universal leveling base, but this ballhead is a nice option.

How about the L54? Anyone running it? Are you happy? Any Issues?

I'm trying to wrap my head around Anvil 30 working with RT90C. You can just get the Anvil 30 head only and screw it on the RT90C with some loctite and it should work right? Is there any benefit besides the potential of the Anvil 30 coming loose, in getting the Anvil30 with either Series 2 or 3 adapter and going the custom plate route? Will it be more stable that way?

Ok, so I know SHIT about ball heads, rails, clamps etc. Can someone school me on how a guy attaches a Manners or McMillan stock to one of these handy dandy tripod setups?

I'm trying to wrap my head around Anvil 30 working with RT90C. You can just get the Anvil 30 head only and screw it on the RT90C with some loctite and it should work right? Is there any benefit besides the potential of the Anvil 30 coming loose, in getting the Anvil30 with either Series 2 or 3 adapter and going the custom plate route? Will it be more stable that way?

If put on the original plate RT90C, then I think that Anvil30 will turn even with loctite.

I took a different path - turned a plate for a tripod instead of the original.
The hole where Anvil 30 is mounted is made in the form of a cone.
Anvil30 is tightened with an 3/8-16"bolt and does not turn.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Ok, so I know SHIT about ball heads, rails, clamps etc. Can someone school me on how a guy attaches a Manners or McMillan stock to one of these handy dandy tripod setups?

You can send your Manners or McMillan to a smith and have them install an ARCA rail ( or do it yourself if you are handy with a drill press).

With the rail now on, purchase the ball head/clamp of your choice, attach that to the tripod and BOOM... super sniper!

Area419 makes a universal rail that works well. Personally, if I had a Manners I would send it back to Tom and have him install it.

You can send your Manners or McMillan to a smith and have them install an ARCA rail ( or do it yourself if you are handy with a drill press).

With the rail now on, purchase the ball head/clamp of your choice, attach that to the tripod and BOOM... super sniper!

Area419 makes a universal rail that works well. Personally, if I had a Manners I would send it back to Tom and have him install it.

Not difficult to add a rail, I've put Haoge on an XLR element and two area 419's on manners. Take your time, all you need is a drill, a drill press is better, some bits and some epoxy.

A few pics

Go back a few pages.

If put on the original plate RT90C, then I think that Anvil30 will turn even with loctite.

I took a different path - turned a plate for a tripod instead of the original.
The hole where Anvil 30 is mounted is made in the form of a cone.
Anvil30 is tightened with an 3/8-16"bolt and does not turn.
What plate is that? Did you have it made or you bought it? Thanks,