• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

A lot of good info on here. Thanks for sharing.

Ordered one a few days ago. Work has been pounding me with ridiculous OT. Pandemic has UPS in overdrive. Figured while things are good, I'd pick one up. Late June arrival.

Planning a Anvil 30 as well with the @midwestoffroad adapter. Looks like a solid setup.

Tripod arrived yesterday ... and was hastily sanitized!. It is a beast ... very impressed. I won't beat it up like the guys that compete will so I'm not the one to torture test it for sure. Waiting on the Anvil 30. Ordering direct from RRS was a mistake. It's backordered. I didn't realize Mile High and some other shops stocked them. Wish I would have supported them. Figured I'd go to the source. Hoping it ships next week. They said 2 to 3 weeks to fill B/O. Binoculars are on a bag on the tripod in my front window. Neighbors think I'm a creep. They might be right ...

RT90C + Anvil30 +Midwestoffroad's adapter. Should be around $800 total. This is the cheapest I would go , otherwise just buy everything RRS.

I haven't played with an Anvil, but I thought the TA-3 and CruxOrd k05 worked great, at least for spotting. Doesn't anyone prefer just using a good leveling base?
Leveling base works perfectly fine . The Anvil allows for a few more degrees of motion and the tension lever aids in shooting off the tripod as it's easier to manipulate and keeps your hand closer to the rifle

RT90C + Anvil30 +Midwestoffroad's adapter. Should be around $800 total. This is the cheapest I would go , otherwise just buy everything RRS.
I am at $350 + $360 + $90 = $800 BINGO ... and its a little easier spreading the funds around. In the end, I am not a PRS competitor but this thing will still impress just about everybody else and looks like it's pretty solid. The right thing for me. If it breaks in a month maybe I'm proven wrong but 18 pages of positivity has to count for something.

Yea and if you want to shed weight or upgrade to RRS tripod down the road, it softens the blow too. Its a great jumping off point.

Reactions: MPrimo
Gota give another shout out to the Anvil 30. The ability to take both ARCA and Picc rails is really a game changer. Lots of guns its either to difficult or impractical to put a Arca rail on. For dedicated guns its makes sense (Put a RRS 3 inch on my tikka and Larue 6.5G) but for traditional stocks like the Bergara HMR in 300WM, not everyone wants to drill.

These KDG Kinect piccatiny QD rails are great for throwing on a rifle to use the Anvil30. I have used them for years to move bipods around and they are very convienent.

The other great product is the Accutact Rails. If you have a Bergera HMR or similar traditional stock with 2 front sling swivels, you can take the studs out and mount this rail. You will need to buy 2 small machine screws (8-32 I think) but its a cheap way to easily get a rail on the rifle without drilling the stock or any of that mess.

Just 2 small hacks that make it cheap and easy to mount any rifle with Mlock or a traditional style precision stock to the Anvil30.

Reactions: Isuiy13 and GMZ
IMG_20200602_110201.jpg
IMG_20200602_110228.jpg
IMG_20200602_110520.jpg
IMG_20200602_110545.jpg
IMG_20200602_110706.jpg

Reactions: MPD142
Ordered the tripod off Amazon May 20th and it showed up last Friday. Got the delrin adapter from @midwestoffroad and ordered an Anvil 30 from Thermal Optics today and they have it boxed up for shipping. Less than $800 all in and it is a lot more stable than my Feisol.

Gota give another shout out to the Anvil 30. The ability to take both ARCA and Picc rails is really a game changer. Lots of guns its either to difficult or impractical to put a Arca rail on. For dedicated guns its makes sense (Put a RRS 3 inch on my tikka and Larue 6.5G) but for traditional stocks like the Bergara HMR in 300WM, not everyone wants to drill.

These KDG Kinect piccatiny QD rails are great for throwing on a rifle to use the Anvil30. I have used them for years to move bipods around and they are very convienent.

The other great product is the Accutact Rails. If you have a Bergera HMR or similar traditional stock with 2 front sling swivels, you can take the studs out and mount this rail. You will need to buy 2 small machine screws (8-32 I think) but its a cheap way to easily get a rail on the rifle without drilling the stock or any of that mess.

Just 2 small hacks that make it cheap and easy to mount any rifle with Mlock or a traditional style precision stock to the Anvil30.

I have two of the Kinetic M-lok rails. A five and seven IIRC. The five is worthless for a bipod and the seven has popped once or twice. They really show their inadequacy when mounted to my Anvil 30. There's a definite side to side rock. I've moved the five to flashlights and the Magneto speed MK Machining mount. For the price, I'm left wanting a bit. Great idea and well made. I do question the looooong springs though.

In response to a lighter version I did lighten one of tbe plates today it saves about 4 oz which isn't worth it in ky option.

Also I tested out one made from delrin. It is 10 oz lighter (6oz) seams pretty rigid. It's non maring and already black.

I don't have a $ on these till I get some time in the field with it and some weight. But if anyone wants to test one maybe I could work something out.

The Alum plates will no longer be 80/90cerakoted going forward they will be 115.00
@midwestoffroad would be interested in trying the delrin plate

Reactions: midwestoffroad
Where do I get the shoulder strap? A match I want to shoot requires you to carry your tripod deployed or more accurately, the way you intend to use it. Would also be awesome for carrying a spotting scope around.

Where do I get the shoulder strap? A match I want to shoot requires you to carry your tripod deployed or more accurately, the way you intend to use it. Would also be awesome for carrying a spotting scope around.

Seems like a lot of grey area there. How you intend to use it and how it actually gets used are often very different. Do they mean you have to carry it with legs extended and opened up?

You should “intend” to use it fully collapsed. But your plan keeps falling apart and you have to extend it. LOL.

To add something to this thread, I have one of the RT90C on order. Bought in recommendations from this thread and from a friend who purchased one. It will probably be replacing my Pig0311. Suffice to say, one of them will be in the PX in a couple weeks.

Seems like a lot of grey area there. How you intend to use it and how it actually gets used are often very different. Do they mean you have to carry it with legs extended and opened up?

You should “intend” to use it fully collapsed. But your plan keeps falling apart and you have to extend it. LOL.

To add something to this thread, I have one of the RT90C on order. Bought in recommendations from this thread and from a friend who purchased one. It will probably be replacing my Pig0311. Suffice to say, one of them will be in the PX in a couple weeks.

Legs at the length you use. Legs deployed but folded.

When I bought this yesterday there were two in stock and it said fulfilled by Amazon with an arrival date of June 11. Now when I looked again at the Amazon listing earlier this morning it said zero in stock. Ten minutes ago it switched to 9 in stock and now being fulfilled by Innorel USA with a delivery date of mid July. Hope I get mine from Amazon next week.

Ok, ordered the rt90 on Amazon last night, gave me a 5% discount and had enough American Express points it cost me nothing! So now I need to order the adapter from midwestoffroad and the anvil 30. Not sure how to get the adapter in black from midwestoffroad so sent him a message. I do see above it will be 2 weeks for them to be ready and I'd like to be in on that! Can't wait for all this to come together!

I'm looking for one and came across this too. I have another thread on here about tripods also. I know fuck all about tripods and when I needed one for my spotter I called Doug at Cameraland and he squared me away. So I reached out to him with a probably overly long PM but he covered all the points, as usual.

I just tell him what I think I need or want. He takes care of the rest. If you don't know shit, let an expert you can trust handle it.

RRS would be titties but I don't have $1400 to drop on a tripod. I just got a Mk20 I gotta deck out and that's probably gonna entail a new can, plus I'd like to stock up on as much semi shit --and you can never have too many mags-- before the commie takeover next year.

SO I'll turn you guys onto Field Optics Research, that's who makes the one Doug turned me on to. Supports 95lbs., 8 layers CF 32mm legs, 54" but will go over 65 with leg extensions. 75mm bowl. For ~$400 it comes with a tension handle and an Arca/pic QD rail attachment and since all my shit has a bottom rail or I can put a piece on I'm GTG. This thing will be dragged around, thrown in the truck and used in clear cuts --if it's shit, I'll know real fast.

Pretty sure I'm just gonna wind up going with Doug but I always check around. He hasn't let me down.

BTW, FOR makes all this shit specifically for shooting, and if I had $900 to burn on a tripod I'm still not so sure I'd go RRS and stick with FOR --they make one for that and it'll support 145lbs. But for ~$300something for a lighter one that'll do 95, I think I'm good. That'll support an M2HB. Not sure you'd wanna fire it from something like that but it'll hold it. Then again, they make AA tripods that don't look much different...

And for a US company that says "Made in USA" and one Doug backs I think I'd rather go that route than the no-name for the same price on Amazon. Use your vendors on here, they can almost always do you a better deal than not. Cameraland is the dealer but here's the site so you can look at their shit:

http://www.fieldopticsresearch.com/

Reactions: kindabitey
Highly doubt they are made in the US. 32MM is puney. The benefit of the RT90C is actually its heavier weight and 40MM carbon legs.. Much more stable than lighter platform and you can even add a ballast to it to increase stability. The only ones that look to be made in the US are $900+ and look heavy.

Seriously. Just but a RT90C , an Anvil 30 and the adapter. Its $800 and you can always upgrade the tripod down the road. Its a proven combination and you won't see anyone saying anything bad about it.

Go with something proven otherwise enjoy everything that goes with being a test dummy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284
I’ve had the RT80c for about 10 months, maybe 13 matches, and I’m very happy with it. Taking it on a backcountry bear hunt this September, in addition to the regular matches I go to between now and then. I would have went with the 90c had I known about it.

I’ve had the RT80c for about 10 months, maybe 13 matches, and I’m very happy with it. Taking it on a backcountry bear hunt this September, in addition to the regular matches I go to between now and then. I would have went with the 90c had I known about it.

What’s the real world weight of the RT80c? I’ve got a 90 but want a tripod for hunting (glassing and possible shooting off). Thinking of picking one up.

Would the provided picatinny (bipod) rail mounted in the typical location on a Manners stock be sufficient to support this setup? Seems like the forward location would put a lot of stress on the rail. Or do most add another rail closer to the mag well. Thanks.

Would the provided picatinny (bipod) rail mounted in the typical location on a Manners stock be sufficient to support this setup? Seems like the forward location would put a lot of stress on the rail. Or do most add another rail closer to the mag well. Thanks.
Great question! Wondered this myself.

What’s the real world weight of the RT80c? I’ve got a 90 but want a tripod for hunting (glassing and possible shooting off). Thinking of picking one up.

Mine with an lh-55 weighs 5 lbs 12 oz and the specs on the ballhead says 2lbs. Thats also with a tripod shelf and a kestrel pouch attached to a leg, so the quoted 3.35 lbs is pretty close to right.

Reactions: Gobears16

I shoot the Sporting Rifle Match every month at Whittington Center and it requires you to carry everything throughout the entire match, including your tripod since there's a tripod stage. My friend owns Fehu Outdoors and he has a pretty simple velcro carrying strap that works fine for me:

It's essentially one velcro loop that goes around a single leg section, an adjustable length section of nylon, and a larger velcro loop that you can quickly wrap around the three legs. Once it's secured, that adjustable length of nylon acts like a carrying handle

Well ... today is the day! Anvil 30 arrives via brown truck. Tripod and plate waiting patiently. ARCA rails installed and waiting patiently. Me ... not so much! Wait to the guys at my club get a load of this setup! They already think I have every toy imaginable (I kinda do). Pics to follow!

I shoot the Sporting Rifle Match every month at Whittington Center and it requires you to carry everything throughout the entire match, including your tripod since there's a tripod stage. My friend owns Fehu Outdoors and he has a pretty simple velcro carrying strap that works fine for me:

It's essentially one velcro loop that goes around a single leg section, an adjustable length section of nylon, and a larger velcro loop that you can quickly wrap around the three legs. Once it's secured, that adjustable length of nylon acts like a carrying handle

That's the match I was referring to. :)

Reactions: canezach
Mine with an lh-55 weighs 5 lbs 12 oz and the specs on the ballhead says 2lbs. Thats also with a tripod shelf and a kestrel pouch attached to a leg, so the quoted 3.35 lbs is pretty close to right.

Pretty much Exactly what I was going to say.

No! I missed sign up and didn't add my name to the wait list.

If it makes you feel better, they shrank the squad to 5, no practice range, no pre-match briefing (not that I'm complaining about that lol), no post-match gathering, and sounds like a shotgun start

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I shoot the Sporting Rifle Match every month at Whittington Center and it requires you to carry everything throughout the entire match, including your tripod since there's a tripod stage.
That's the match I was referring to. :)
No! I missed sign up and didn't add my name to the wait list.
If it makes you feel better, they shrank the squad to 5, no practice range, no pre-match briefing (not that I'm complaining about that lol), no post-match gathering, and sounds like a shotgun start

Jefe's Dope - The squad I am on only has 4. You could probably show up and they would let you shoot. I do the match as well every month. FWIW you can not have your tripod Pre Configured - READ ~ legs not exteneded at all. Must be fully collapsed and folded (at least for stage 6) and at the shooting line, you have to have it in had in the manner that you have been moving it around all day, be it strap, stuffed in your back pack or in hand, along with your rifle at ready,.

I am not a rule nazi but it kind of pisses me off when shooters skirt that rule. 3 minutes to set up your tripod/sticks, stool, and what not and engage all 6 targets. It's tight but I see a lot of shooters managed to do it including depoly a stool to sit on and still get done with 30+ seconds. To those that cheat - Suck Less!

If you can still make the trip - I will yield my spot on the squad to you if the match director does says - Sorry, no can do.

See both of you down there! I leave this AM. Maybe get there in time to help set up. Wind is going to suck Sunday. If you want some really shitty wind conditions that are left, right, and gone as you go down range, and several targets that the wind is +10 due to angle of shot, this is the match.

Canezach - Don't forget social distancing or DQ

Jefe's Dope - The squad I am on only has 4. You could probably show up and they would let you shoot. I do the match as well every month. FWIW you can not have your tripod Pre Configured - READ ~ legs not exteneded at all. Must be fully collapsed and folded (at least for stage 6) and at the shooting line, you have to have it in had in the manner that you have been moving it around all day, be it strap, stuffed in your back pack or in hand, along with your rifle at ready,.

I am not a rule nazi but it kind of pisses me off when shooters skirt that rule. 3 minutes to set up your tripod/sticks, stool, and what not and engage all 6 targets. It's tight but I see a lot of shooters managed to do it including depoly a stool to sit on and still get done with 30+ seconds. To those that cheat - Suck Less!

If you can still make the trip - I will yield my spot on the squad to you if the match director does says - Sorry, no can do.

See both of you down there! I leave this AM. Maybe get there in time to help set up. Wind is going to suck Sunday. If you want some really shitty wind conditions that are left, right, and gone as you go down range, and several targets that the wind is +10 due to angle of shot, this is the match.

Canezach - Don't forget social distancing or DQ

Wow! Thanks! Very kind of you. I don't think I can make it. But I really appreciate the offer. Have fun. Next month for sure.

Well ... today is the day! Anvil 30 arrives via brown truck. Tripod and plate waiting patiently. ARCA rails installed and waiting patiently. Me ... not so much! Wait to the guys at my club get a load of this setup! They already think I have every toy imaginable (I kinda do). Pics to follow!
I am in same boat. Anvil 30 arrived yesterday. On list for next batch of midwestoffroad's mounting plate and tripod is ordered, but has ETA of at least a month away. :(

Take a look at the Sirui N1204SK tripod. Carbon Fiber, Low at 5.9", high at 62.2 ", 6 year warranty, weighs 3 Lbs
Regular price is $399.90, we are having a 1 day sale today on this at 25% off bringing the cost to $299.93 and then Sirui sends you $44.99 in a rebate. So your net cost is only $254.94 after the rebate
The special is for forum members only

Give me a call with any questions or to order.
Joel
Camera Land
516-217-1000

Reactions: Cornerstonearmory
Just to update I have more material scheduled to arrive this week. The UPS show delayed shipping due to civil unrest. But ilI have about it material for 20 alum plates. In still doing them 1 at a time on a,manual machine so thank you for your patience.

Any chance you can show us what your making them on? what type of lathe? Tooling?

lots of shops looking for jobs now might be worth drawing it up in fusion360 and getting bids for a big batch. Could save you a ton of money and time.

Whats the best price yall have seen on the RT90C? Looks like amazon right now for $317?

Whats the best price yall have seen on the RT90C? Looks like amazon right now for $317?

You can track Amazon prices using camelcamelcamel.

OK ... All parts here and all assembled. This thing is TITS! And tits are good! I am blown away at the build quality of all components and the way they work/fit together. Obligatory pics to follow when the conference calls end for the day. If anyone is on the fence, I am certain you won't be disappointed in this setup with the MWOR plate and the Anvil 30. Based on the quality of the Anvil 30, I can only imagine how great a real RRS tripod would/could be.

Edited to add pic ...

Last edited:
I got the RT80C tripod and a Sunwayfoto clamp. I went with the 80 as I use it for walk around hunting more than comp use as it is a fair bit lighter but still holds my rifles fine.
This is with the two thinnest legs extended which makes it a usable height for standing. I wouldn't use it like this, but it still holds my ACC with internal weights mounted all the way forward on the rail
export1591684678648.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Cornerstonearmory