In my opionion worth 2 1/2 min of your life

HEnryG

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2018
Re: In my opionion worth 2 1/2 min of your life

Yup, my father was part of that generation. It's a crying shame that everything he and the others fought for is going to hell in a hand basket and our generation is doing nothing to stop it.
It all started when they removed God from our schools! Now there is no more “wrong”..

Sogan

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Online Training Access
Jun 11, 2013
Such an amazing generation, thanks for posting

Jsmith410

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2017
KY
I was lucky enough to be at the airport a few years ago when a large group was deplaning. It was an honor to shake their hands as they came off. Thank you for the post.

DustBun

Online Training Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Online Training Access
Mar 7, 2018
Ocala, FL
I have been very fortunate to be able to contribute a little to three Honor Flights in a minor way. I am an Engineer and help design the ARFF (Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting) trucks in the pictures below. I was asked if I would operate one of the ARFF’s and perform what is called a water cannon salute when the plane returns from Washington. In these pictures I am operating the 4x4 truck on the right. The plane taxi’s through an arch of water. We try to make it very special for them. These pictures were from the last Honor Flight from here in 2013. Thought I would share.
Pictures of ARFF vehicle production 014.jpgPictures of ARFF vehicle production 017.jpgPictures of ARFF vehicle production 018.jpg
Pictures of ARFF vehicle production 021.jpgPictures of ARFF vehicle production 022.jpg

edub1309

Ronald Raygun
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2020
Northeast Ohio
Our country is poorer with each WWII veteran who passes away.
Well put. Time marches on for us all, but there will always be something about that generation—the greatest generation—that surpasses time. It’s such a strange thought that we will no longer have these men (and women) around to tell their stories. A sad day indeed.

Reactions: DustBun and fmillik

Jory45acp

4 Tours Green Beret Keyboard Speshuel Forces.
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2018
Utah
I've that video and few similar ones and each time they are inspirational and touching. Wish we as a nation showed more respect for those who served.

Reactions: Ravenworks

Kein Mitleid

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2020
Reminds me of my grandfather, who served in the 86th infantry (Blackhawks). I called him up as a forth grader wanting to take some notes for a project I was assigned. The project was to speak with a veteran and ask about their experience.

The phone conversation was something I’ll never forget, my grandfather detailed his experience as a mortar man. According to my father it was the first time, that he was aware of, that my grandfather had opened up about his experiences.

Reactions: DustBun

Punkur67

Online Training Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Online Training Access
Oct 11, 2019
Great post. My 92yo grandfather got to go about a year ago with a small group of other WW2 vets. He said it was a great experience