• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In my opionion worth 2 1/2 min of your life

Thanks for posting, My dad in the middle and his fishing buddy on the left were never happier then when they got to see finally something honoring them.
104008-97706b052da5f1e47c7dc9b9fa5d6ebb.jpg

Reactions: canman
Re: In my opionion worth 2 1/2 min of your life

Yup, my father was part of that generation. It's a crying shame that everything he and the others fought for is going to hell in a hand basket and our generation is doing nothing to stop it.
It all started when they removed God from our schools! Now there is no more “wrong”..

I was lucky enough to be at the airport a few years ago when a large group was deplaning. It was an honor to shake their hands as they came off. Thank you for the post.

I have been very fortunate to be able to contribute a little to three Honor Flights in a minor way. I am an Engineer and help design the ARFF (Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting) trucks in the pictures below. I was asked if I would operate one of the ARFF’s and perform what is called a water cannon salute when the plane returns from Washington. In these pictures I am operating the 4x4 truck on the right. The plane taxi’s through an arch of water. We try to make it very special for them. These pictures were from the last Honor Flight from here in 2013. Thought I would share.
Pictures of ARFF vehicle production 014.jpg
Pictures of ARFF vehicle production 017.jpg
Pictures of ARFF vehicle production 018.jpg

Pictures of ARFF vehicle production 021.jpg
Pictures of ARFF vehicle production 022.jpg

Our country is poorer with each WWII veteran who passes away.
Well put. Time marches on for us all, but there will always be something about that generation—the greatest generation—that surpasses time. It’s such a strange thought that we will no longer have these men (and women) around to tell their stories. A sad day indeed.

I've that video and few similar ones and each time they are inspirational and touching. Wish we as a nation showed more respect for those who served.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Reminds me of my grandfather, who served in the 86th infantry (Blackhawks). I called him up as a forth grader wanting to take some notes for a project I was assigned. The project was to speak with a veteran and ask about their experience.

The phone conversation was something I’ll never forget, my grandfather detailed his experience as a mortar man. According to my father it was the first time, that he was aware of, that my grandfather had opened up about his experiences.

Reactions: DustBun
Great post. My 92yo grandfather got to go about a year ago with a small group of other WW2 vets. He said it was a great experience