• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In my opionion worth 2 1/2 min of your life

Re: In my opionion worth 2 1/2 min of your life

This is awesome. Can't wait to see it. Thank you for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing. Father in law was a Vietnam vet who passed three years ago. Nice to see some people care for war vets.

This is what I would like to see on the news. I read through all of the posts. One Hell of a generation. People took pride in thier country. We quickly mobilized into an Industrious powerhouse. I love it.

Our younger generations have to wonder if we could keep up, let alone run with that gereation in it prime......

Someone said it right " It does hit the spot"
I wish I could get more involved in things like that, they are what made the Military or more specifically the Marine Corps what it is today.

Thanks for the post. I did not know about that. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those men and women that saved the world.

Watching stuff like that assures me that there is hope for this world. Thanks for the post.

very good clip. my grandpa was in the Air Force during WWII, spent over a year as a p.o.w. in a jap p.o.w. camp before escaping. Would not eat oat meal or look at it, because they were forced to eat an oatmeal like cereal with maggots in it daily. Just wish he could have done this before he passed.

Just click it.. It will give you chills. Thanks for posting.

Let's remember to teach this generation the quality of unselfish service.
Thanks for a great reminder of those who served so very well.

This will be someting that I look forward to in November. Thank you to all who have served, and all that currently are.

Thanks for posting this...Now I realize, that I must find a way to get my father there.

This is fantastic to see. Though it saddens me to remind me that we are a nation running out of heroes. As many young men go and do great things, more pass every day than are made. The only sadder thing is to imagine what would happen if those same events were had with the people around today. Thank you for posting this.

wished my father could have ssen, he died 2 years ago. Three days after he turned 19 he landed on the beach of the island of Saipan, right at the begining of the battle. It was just a little under 2 years before his death that he ever spoke of his experience, to me and his gramdson. I surmisize not because of the shrapnel penetrating his helment and being lodged in his brain (from the Jap bomb bursting in the palms) and that he crawled back hemiplegic to have the shrapnel pulled out. No it was the shame he felt for being one of the 1000 to survive out of a 100K of men, and his fellow soldirs who died. After 3 years plus of rehab, he went on to get a PHD in physics on the GI bill. He recived a purple heart for which little was spoke of. I am to this day grateful for his service and survival, and thank every serviceman I see, And appreciate the time the young marines took to give him a three gun salute ply taps and present my mother with the flag! For all who have served and are serving there are those of us who will always respect, admire and appreciate you service and dedication; THANK YOU

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPO-sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My father's oldest brother was a B-17 gunner in Europe, he's almost 90 and did this late last year. Great experience. It was the first time he had flown in a plane since his 50th mission in the Flying Fortress over 65 years earlier. You know that f-ed you up when you choose to drive anywhere you go the rest of your adult life. I asked him about that when I was young and he told me matter-of-factly: I used up all my luck over Germany, now I drive.

Talk about a generation of heros, they just did what they did because it needed done.</div></div>

my grandfather told me when i was younger that "i was not supposed to come back, all my friends didnt make it" I wish i had spoke to him more about his experiences flying bombers and later, P38's in northern africa, italy and on D day
his P38 was sabotaged with a atmospheric thermite bomb that was placed in the cockpit. he crash landed somewhere in italy.
he suffered massive burns to his legs and lower torso because he refused to eject, as his bombadier/gunner could not get out of his position. so he took the plane down and crash landed all the while being burned.

We'll never fully understand...we'll never know. We can only hope that the lessons learned then, and now, are not forgotten...for the sake of the next generation.

Great post. What a stark contrast of generations. Our fathers / grandfathers sacrified their lives for freedom. Today's generation occupies wall street and begs for more entitlements.

Anyone know when this comes out? Shoulda been this month.

Chiller,
Thanks for posting that. WE all should be thankful, not only for the post but for all serving today. I currently have 2 sons deployed and support this country to the fullest. Thanks to all who have ever served this county I personally APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Out of all the memorial's, I think the WWII one was the most well done. It was long overdue but worth the wait.

My father is 90, was a 22 year old second lieutenant sent to Italy in the last year of WWII.

Almost everyone he knew from back then is dead now.

very cool
much different generation back then
if every us citizen had half the character of those vets the US wouldnt be as f'd up as it is today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woo, if watching that doesn't take your breath then you need a new country. Very cool to bring them together like that. </div></div>
Your breath, your pride, and anything else you thought you had, its gone now, it simply does not add to what those guys have done. That video is moving, touches the soul. These are some great people that made history in the best way history can be made. I stand humble against such stature.

Nice post!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoSector1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We'll never fully understand...we'll never know. We can only hope that the lessons learned then, and now, are not forgotten...for the sake of the next generation.</div></div>

Well said!

I often feel very out of place with my generation and wish I had been born half a century earlier. It often seems so many have forgot or just don't care.

Thank you to all who serve!!!

Every one of these guys I have met have been truly fine and humble folks. Talk to them and thank them any chance you get 'cause we're running out of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breachers Up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Greatest Generation that Ever Lived.

No doubt in my mind, and the ones I've met are too humble to admit it.

</div></div>

+1

Much respect to these men and women. They made our would (especially our nation) a better place.

Reminds me of my great uncle, he stormed the beach at Normandy, didnt meet his son till he was 3 yrs old. He passed away a few months ago. One of the most humble men ive ever known. Married to the same woman for 70 years. Said they never had a cross word and i believe him.

Awesome post. It's nice to see veterans being honored. It's makes my blood boil to see organizations like code pink disrespect those who serve. They call Afghanistan and Iraq unpopular wars because the media shows the gray area of war. If they want to hate the war, that's one thing, but don't take it out troops.

Thanks for posting.I only wish that my dad a WWII vet was still around to be able to see it. At least he got to see Saving Private Ryan which was very emotional for him.

I was privileged to have been in the company of all of his friends that were ALL WWII vets while growing up and I know that I am better off for having known them all.

I am sure that they are all looking down on our Soldiers Sailors Airmen and Marines of today with a sense of pride as they carry on.

Thanks Chiller that was good. Like the Ted gundy video it brings tears to my eyes.

God it's sad to see them withering away like that though. As i said before and i'll say it again, best generation of men and women this country has seen IMO. I'm one of the lucky few to have known a couple of vets from WWII, and it's been one of the greatest privileges of my life.

That was very inspiring! Although my father never served in WW II (enlisted in the USAF in 1947), my uncle did, surviving countless kamikaze attacks in the Western Pacific. My father-in-law survived 66 missions as a B-25 pilot in North Africa, Italy, and southern Europe. The three of them are my heros. The least we can do is honor these great men that rose up to take on evil at its core. They gifted us and the free World with liberty and freedom from oppression. They are truly the Greatest Generation. Their gift to us should never be taken for granted and their accomplishments captured and shared for generations to come.

God bless them all and all those who serve our great country!

Did the paperwok for my Grandfather last year and w are waiting. Hope he gets to go soon, I don't think he has a lot of time left. Would also like to get my dad over to see the Vietnam memorial.

About time the gov does something for the vets. Its sad to see many end up homeless or live in poverty.

We just had a sendoff here in Bakersfield for 22 Vets on an Honor Flight this morning. They will be meeting up with Jeremy Staat and Wesley Barrientos as they conclude their "Wall to Wall" bike ride across America that started here in Bakersfield as well. Pretty awesome stuff.

Great post. I've never been to DC to see it. Going next spring.

Very moving, excellent to see people giving something back to those that risked so much for us.