• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In need of a new range finder

Old Soldier

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
North Pole Alaska
My Swarovski range finder fogged up last moose season. I contacted the company, it is too old for them to service. "Think of all of the good years you had with it" they advised. I think of the $1500 I gave for it used! I am a Cheap Charlie, but I know you get what you pay for in glass, and am willing to pay for good glass. I do have certain requirements. I do not want the tinny little range finders that I see in stores. They are smaller than a pack of cigarettes. They are too small, to hold steady enough for long ranges. I push the button hard enough to activate it, and the damn thing moves. I liked my old model, it is the size of a set of bino's, and with that good Swarovski glass I used them as bino's. I know several companies have range finding bino's for about $3K. Are they any good? I live at the end of the supply line, and will have to buy on line, with no opportunity to test them in a store. What do you suggest? Oh ya, GOTTA BE WATER PROOF!

Everybody seems to have good things to say about the Leica Geovid line. Good glass and good lasers. They make models that pair with a phone app and models that do not.
Vectronix makes some good models but they're mostly monocular style if that matters to you. Great lasers and ok glass. Frank liked the Vectronix bluetooth app when he reviewed it.
Steiner makes a nice set of Binocular rangefinders in 8x30 and 10x50 powers. They have a Mil graduated reticle that I find useful for aiming the laser. Great glass but I've heard their standard laser is only adequate. Their 1535nm laser is pretty good.

I've got some Vectronix Vector 1500's available if max range of 2K works for you. Also IV's and 21's, but they get pretty pricey if you are not an ELR shooter.

Leica geovid 3200.com are pretty great. I range to 2k randomly and beyond in the field on buildings and such. Haven’t really tried on a deer or used them in poor weather. Glass is outstanding. You can find them used for 2350-2500 on PX.

For hunting, Zeiss Victory RF 10x54mm are a good option with alpha glass. Spendy but you can find lightly used sometimes from rokslide forums or certain vendors like redhawkrifles.

I have the Leica Geovid 15x56mm rangefinder binoculars. I love them! Been serving me well 10+ years.

I’m close to pulling the trigger on one of the new Sig Kilo 5K’s. Haven’t found any good on-hands informations about them. Looking for a good rangefinder that can range steel out to 1500yds and pair with the Garmin Tactix Delta AB. May order one tomorro, if I do, I’ll, post my results.

As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

Reactions: Jumper