• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In the market for a precision 22lr.

So the Bergara. This is newer to the market? Correct? It’s within my budget. Are parts to upgrade available? I’ve read they shoot great just curious what is recommended for upgrades?

I can't speak for the others, but I just picked up a B-14R Steel barreled Action and dropped it into a McMillan Stock that I had sitting unused in the safe and an slapped an unused scope on it. I LOVE IT! Absolutely no regrets. It shoots lights out with decent ammo. With Polar Biathlon or Tenex, it easily shoots one ragged hole at 50yds. Hitting steel out to 200 so far has also been pretty easy.

I did swap the trigger for a Jewel and that definitely improved the feel as its way lighter than the stock trigger. But I'll be honest, the stock trigger was not bad at all. It broke crisply and I could shoot it pretty accurately, it was just a bit heavier than I like. But it was absolutely fine.

For the money, I think it fills the gap between the Vudoo and the CZ/Tikkas nicely. I like the Rem 700 footprint as that gives me lots of options for stocks, bases, triggers, etc. I went with the barreled action only because I had a spare stock laying around. But the Bergara stock that comes with it is also very nice as a complete package. Fit and function has been flawless. My only slight gripe with it is the bolt handle is hard to close on a loaded round. But I've only got about 150 rounds down the tube and I can feel it breaking in even since day one, so I suspect this is just a "new" tight fit issue. Other than that, the rifle is a joy. I'd love to get a Vudoo, but honestly I don't think I could shoot the difference for over a $1k more. The Bergara has been more accurate than even my initial expectations.

IMG_7814.JPG

IMG_7921 2.jpg

IMG_7921.jpg

Paper @ 50yds

IMG_7920.JPG

Steel @ 100. 3 individual groups - Head, middle and belly button with 40gr Aguila Std

IMG_7930.JPG

Steel @ 200. Two individual groups with Aguila Std.

Last edited:
I can't speak for the others, but I just picked up a B-14R Steel barreled Action and dropped it into a McMillan Stock that I had sitting unused in the safe and an slapped an unused scope on it. I LOVE IT! Absolutely no regrets. It shoots lights out with decent ammo. With Polar Biathlon or Tenex, it easily shoots one ragged hole at 50yds. Hitting steel out to 200 so far has also been pretty easy.

I did swap the trigger for a Jewel and that definitely improved the feel as its way lighter than the stock trigger. But I'll be honest, the stock trigger was not bad at all. It broke crisply and I could shoot it pretty accurately, it was just a bit heavier than I like. But it was absolutely fine.

For the money, I think it fills the gap between the Vudoo and the CZ/Tikkas nicely. I like the Rem 700 footprint as that gives me lots of options for stocks, bases, triggers, etc. I went with the barreled action only because I had a spare stock laying around. But the Bergara stock that comes with it is also very nice as a complete package. Fit and function has been flawless. My only slight gripe with it is the bolt handle is hard to close on a loaded round. But I've only got about 150 rounds down the tube and I can feel it breaking in even since day one, so I suspect this is just a "new" tight fit issue. Other than that, the rifle is a joy. I'd love to get a Vudoo, but honestly I don't think I could shoot the difference for over a $1k more. The Bergara has been more accurate than even my initial expectations.
Yep look at my post just before yours. I got the Bergara.

Thanks for everyone’s response. I decided to go with the Bergara and placed an order thru PSA. For the heck of it, after I ordered, I got on Armslist and wouldn’t you know, a Bergara post. With all the fixings. Only an hour away. So I text and ask if it’s still available and it was. So I get on the phone with PSA and cancel my order. Drove and picked this beauty up same day. So stoked to have this compared to the base Bergara I ordered thru PSA. Came with everything except scope. Got some Extra mags too. Couldn’t be happier. It’s in pristine condition. Like others have said, the vudoo is months away. I wanted something now. And the reviews on Bergara are great. If I ever do upgrade my son can have this. So no buyers remorse with this purchase. Deal was fantastic too.
That's awesome...nice score. That Area419 sticker alone is going to get you at least a 1/8th MOA better shooting rifle.

If you don't like that stock, they sell on Ebay for about $250-300...which is what I did so I could grab my KRG Bravo.

That's awesome...nice score. That Area419 sticker alone is going to get you at least a 1/8th MOA better shooting rifle.

If you don't like that stock, they sell on Ebay for about $250-300...which is what I did so I could grab my KRG Bravo.
Yea I shoot left normally so I removed the Bergara decal on the other side of the barrel. The area419 decal should pull the bullet to the right more. Plus it’s tacticool. 😝

Used Vudoo FTW.

If you consider the resale value and time to resell, Vudoo is currently king. You pay for it up front but get it back on the backside.

Used Vudoo FTW.

If you consider the resale value and time to resell, Vudoo is currently king. You pay for it up front but get it back on the backside.
Yep I agree. Just not much available new or used. I’ll run Bergara for now. I’m just happy to be involved with my purchase.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Ive got a cz tacticool. hard to beat for the $

View attachment 7545758

View attachment 7545759

View attachment 7545760

Paper @ 50yds

View attachment 7545761
Steel @ 100. 3 individual groups - Head, middle and belly button with 40gr Aguila Std

View attachment 7545762
Steel @ 200. Two individual groups with Aguila Std.
In your post you said it fielded the gap between a Vudoo and Tikka and CZ. So is a Vudoo better than a TK! or a CZ. I would live to here your response

In your post you said it fielded the gap between a Vudoo and Tikka and CZ. So is a Vudoo better than a TK! or a CZ. I would live to here your response

I was clear up front that I don't have any first hand experience shooting any of the others. I said the Bergara filled the PRICE gap between the Vudoo and the others. That's all.

Got it sighted in at 50 yds and zeroed with suppressor. Shoots pretty darn good with SKS standard.

Attachments

• 2FA80F6C-4167-414A-B72E-E792ED87FEEB.jpeg
    2FA80F6C-4167-414A-B72E-E792ED87FEEB.jpeg
    696.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 8D9DE201-C4FC-43C5-98DE-4EAAA2A224A8.jpeg
    8D9DE201-C4FC-43C5-98DE-4EAAA2A224A8.jpeg
    829.3 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for everyone’s response. I decided to go with the Bergara and placed an order thru PSA. For the heck of it, after I ordered, I got on Armslist and wouldn’t you know, a Bergara post. With all the fixings. Only an hour away. So I text and ask if it’s still available and it was. So I get on the phone with PSA and cancel my order. Drove and picked this beauty up same day. So stoked to have this compared to the base Bergara I ordered thru PSA. Came with everything except scope. Got some Extra mags too. Couldn’t be happier. It’s in pristine condition. Like others have said, the vudoo is months away. I wanted something now. And the reviews on Bergara are great. If I ever do upgrade my son can have this. So no buyers remorse with this purchase. Deal was fantastic too.
This is a beautiful rifle!

Reactions: Bgriff008