• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater inception

Calibur6918

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Central Fl
Just saw the opening last night. It was like a mix of the the matrix and vanilla sky. And 2 and a half hours. Later it was finally over. The sad part was ellen page was the best actor in it. Its basically dream world espionage. My recommendation is to red box it.

Re: inception

I couldn't disagree more. Inception is definitely one of the best movies to come out this year. The complexity of the script and the precision of the directing is the best I've seen in a long time. This is a movie a long the lines of the Usual Suspects and Memento, so if you liked those, you'll probably enjoy Inception.

Not only do I recommend it to you guys, I'm going to go see it again. It really makes you think and re-think about your assumptions and perceptions. Great movie.

Sig, go see it! It really is the best movie I've seen all year.

Am I the only old f**ker that remembers Dennis Quaid and Max von Syndow in the movie "Dreamscape"?

Inception is basically a remake. Not sayin' I won't see it, just that it isn't too original.

Saw it last night with a girl and loved it. Had to explain the whole movie to her afterward though. lol. You have to pay attention and not worry about something that just didnt make sense cause it will come to light later. I recommend it highly. Go see it. DiCaprio has come a long ways in his acting skills. Ellen Paige was very good too.

Saw it this morning and i must say this was an outstanding movie, i would go see it again in a heartbeat. The only real things that might fall in to "Criticism" are:
Leonardo Decaprio trying to be a sniper-however this movie wasnt supposed to be that accurate in that respect so it really didnt bug me at all
Similar "having to forget a long lost lover" that was in "Shutter Island, although this was much, much better.

5/5 stars from me

EDIT: and it only cost me $6 bucks to see since it was the first showing of the day-win win

Saw it today. A very good movie! It has many layers to it, so you have to pay attention. Kind of like Matrix in concept (what is reality), and I do vaguely remember Dreamscape. I'll have to dig that one out...

I found the movie to be very interesting. The story was very complex and well developed. DiCaprio has become quite an actor since his early days as an alcoholic teen.

Just got back. It was a great movie. See it in the theater as it's better than most movies I end up going to. Complex, and it plants the seed of doubt referenced throughout without you knowing it, to crack you in the head with it after you leave the theater. That small phrase, linked with the final scene the writer and director wanted to have on the viewer. Very awesome.

Great movie. Really keeps you going, especially the last 45 min or so. The ending is great. At least to me... Makes you think about the what the entire story means.

CWJ

No one even mentioned the TRG in the arctic scene! Don't see those everyday in movies, that's for sure.

Saw it yeaterday and I thought it was really good. Definitely keeps you thinking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a Blaser R93 LRS2 not even remotely close to a TRG </div></div>Goes to show how well I know my guns, haha! Just checked it out, what made me think TRG was the generous free float under the barrel on the fore end. The stock profile is similar, but if you know what to look for (I didn't) than you can tell them apart. Good catch!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a Blaser R93 LRS2 not even remotely close to a TRG </div></div>Goes to show how well I know my guns, haha! Just checked it out, what made me think TRG was the generous free float under the barrel on the fore end. The stock profile is similar, but if you know what to look for (I didn't) than you can tell them apart. Good catch! </div></div> The generous free float is one of the big signs saying its not a TRG.

Saw this last night...thought it was GREAT! It's been a long time since I've seen a good movie. The very last seen was great...I loved how they ended it.

The movie really makes you think to keep up with it. Fantastic flick. If you are loaded you will miss it.

Mark me down as a "walked out."

Mental masturbation to the nth degree.

A dream within a dream within a dream and within the first 5 minutes of the extra special super duper dream its a taxi cab gun battle with a freight train running down the middle of the highway. Perfect....as if nobody will notice their dreaming when their being chased down 5th avenue by a freight train. You know your really thinking when your deepest consciousness can be reached by going to... "the basement of the elevator"...seriously...no, I'm being serious, step in and push...B.

Remember in the later Matrix movies when the old dude would drone on and on about all the things that should have "fit" in the movie, but didn't? Endless "connect the dots" for the uninitiated? Yea, you remember...
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRH3zcHEN5w&feature=related ) Like that but on steroids.

"The actors, trying to suggest familiarity with the task of dream invasion, spin off gibberish in the most casual way. Parodies, I assume, will follow on YouTube. And the theologians of pop culture, taking a break from “The Matrix,” will analyze the over-articulate structure of “Inception” for mighty significances."

Perfect review...SPOILER ALERT (yea like THAT could be possible.)

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2010/07/26/100726crci_cinema_denby

IMO, The world is basically bifurcating and the part that thinks this movies is "well thought through" is crowded.

Save a couple of bucks...this is much better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldspice?v=u...CFUsJ2godNzucnA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

Mark me down as a "walked out."

Mental masturbation to the nth degree.

A dream within a dream within a dream and within the first 5 minutes of the extra special super duper dream its a taxi cab gun battle with a freight train running down the middle of the highway. Perfect....as if nobody will notice their dreaming when their being chased down 5th avenue by a freight train. You know your really thinking when your deepest consciousness can be reached by going to... "the basement of the elevator"...seriously...no, I'm being serious, step in and push...B.

Remember in the later Matrix movies when the old dude would drone on and on about all the things that should have "fit" in the movie, but didn't? Endless "connect the dots" for the uninitiated? Yea, you remember...
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRH3zcHEN5w&feature=related ) Like that but on steroids.

"The actors, trying to suggest familiarity with the task of dream invasion, spin off gibberish in the most casual way. Parodies, I assume, will follow on YouTube. And the theologians of pop culture, taking a break from “The Matrix,” will analyze the over-articulate structure of “Inception” for mighty significances."

Perfect review...SPOILER ALERT (yea like THAT could be possible.)

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2010/07/26/100726crci_cinema_denby

IMO, The world is basically bifurcating and the part that thinks this movies is "well thought through" is crowded.

Save a couple of bucks...this is much better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldspice?v=u...CFUsJ2godNzucnA

.. </div></div>

If you actually paid attention to the movie, his sub conscience kept projecting his own thoughts into the dream (i.e. the train) and they all noticed it hence why they questioned the girl on why the train was there... BTW the elevator did not take him to his deepest conscience. Those were memories he stored. Memories only he knew about which is why he can no longer be the "architect" of a dream because the less he knows the better chance of his dead wife ot showing up and killing people..

I mean I'll give you that it was a movie that FVCKED with your head, but it was not a "walk out on type of movie" I bet if you watched it again and picked up some new things on it, you actually might like the movie..

Plus 2
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 ZL Bubba</div></div>

I liked it, but I thought the Prestige, also by Nolan, was better. I even thought the Prestige was more complex. One of my favorite movies ever.

Its a litmus test for those people who are capable of processing complex concepts and well...

those who aren't.

Pretty sweet movie... easy to follow i think anyways

Sorta spewing i didnt catch it earlier when it was playing in our bigger cinemas, dont think the screen size and sound was as up to scratch as it could have been (i saw it in a little cinema).

I enjoyed watching a van falling off a bridge for ohh yeh about 45 minutes?
laugh.gif

I really enjoyed it. Not a perfect movie - you could argue that the exposition was heavy handed and excessive. I'd also argue that the emotional core of the story, while there was a bit a underdeveloped. I found it engaging and one of the better films of the last few years.

It's a stunningly beautiful film. Technically one of the better put together films I've seen in a long time. The narative while very artificial, for a lack of a better word, was still one that worked for me. While the structure was overly definied it didn't bother me at all.

I thought the acting was overall very strong. Tom Hardy and DiCaprio I really enjoyed in the film. Ellen Page and Joseph Levitt Gordon weren't given a lot to work with, but were fine.

The direction and photography were pretty spot on. Perhaps the editing could have used a little work, but that's a relatively minor quibble.

Not going to end up on my 10 best of all time list certainly, but worth the $7 in the theatre.

i thought this movie was absolutely awesome!! didnt really like all the blah blah blah but the action scenes were cool

Watched it last night.
Great movie!
I enjoyed the complexities and the challenges to keep up with who's dreaming what at which level.

In reality, it can't keep spinning forever.