• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Incoming Friday, IOR 6-24x56 FFP illuminated!!!

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Arriving this Friday, there is a batch of 20 IOR 6-24x56 FFP illuminated MP-8 A5 reticle riflescopes arriving.

35mm tube.
Side focus
Exposed knobs
mil/mil
FFP
New digital illumination
New state of the art design

We will be adding a page to our website today. Our website is down and so is our email, so bear with us. These should be fixed today. You can call to order yours.

Advertised here first and only, a special introductory price of $1849 delivered.

You can order over the phone if you wish

Thanks for all the support. we look forward to checking these out!

Scott

PS - the 3-18x50 shouldn't be too far behind, but no word on these yet.

Scott

Re: Incoming Friday, IOR 6-24x56 FFP illuminated!!!

Also, I will be on the road for the rest of today, call me on my cell if you need to talk to me. But, reception will be bad in places.

Scott

Do these come with rings? Particularly interested in the 3-18.

3.5-18 is sposed to be available to distributors at end of month.

Still not up on the site yet? A direct link would be nice.

I believe the digital illumination has buttons on the side of the main turret housing for brightness levels vs a knob you would turn.

Like this:
SHOT_2010-19.jpg

Meaty looking beast...

Personally, my fat fingers would prefer a big fuck off knob with an "off" between each brightness level.... I never liked the buttons on an eotech for the same reason.....

Still, the scope spec sounds very interesting......

That's exactly what the digital illumination means. Here's an excerpt from a Liberty Optics blog about this optic during SHOT:

"A new 6-24x56 illuminated FFP mil/mil leads the pack. Featuring a HUGE eyebox, long mounting areas, 35mm tube, digital illumination (two rubber buttons on the side of the turret housing behind the side focus, a "+" and a "-" button stacked one over the other), new knobs with a prototype zero reference system, new, smooth mag ring adjustment, and the MP-8 A5 reticle that all interior lines light up, this is an impressive scope. Even more impressive, were the ring marks on the scope. I was told this scope was tested on .338 edge, .338 Lapua, and .50 cal to the tune of 800 rounds by Mike McIntyre of MPI Rifles in Dillon Montana with nary a hiccup. I'm glad to see this type of testing prior to release of the scope. IOR has new internals for the 3-18x42 FFP, 2.5-10x42 FFP, and these new scopes. IOR glass and reticles, tracking, etc, have never been an issue, but the durability has been suspect in some models. Val is looking to dispel these notions with the new design. The new 6-24x56 will MAP for under $2000 with rings, and will be available in a few months."

I still would like to see some actual photos of this thing and some more details. There's nothing even on the IOR website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's exactly what the digital illumination means. Here's an excerpt from a Liberty Optics blog about this optic during SHOT:

.....snip... new knobs with a prototype zero reference system, ...snip... </div></div>

wonder if that's the additional, inverted tringle marked ring with the small tab on the turret in the above pic..?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asiparks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meaty looking beast...</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asiparks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wonder if that's the additional, inverted tringle marked ring with the small tab on the turret in the above pic..?</div></div>

You're assuming that's the same optic in question pictures above. Seeing as how it looks like maximum magnification is 18x I would guess it's not. When it was posted I took it as someone just posting up a pic of a similar illumination system for visual reference of what they're talking about.

I'm still waiting for confirmed specs and pictures.

in the absence of facts, as I said above, merely wondering.....

Yeah, the picture I posted is not the 6-24x model. It was taken from a google image search. I think it's from the 3-18x model taken at the SHOT show. Also, it's probably just a prototype but has the digital illumination that was asked about.

Mike

. . . and knowing is half the battle.

I had to.

mike

Scott @ liberty optics maybe a review of the scope by LowLight is in order. I think that would be interesting to alot of possible buyers on the hide. thanks Rthur

Frank is busy playing with his new high speed knob Night Force Scopes. Send them to me and I'll write a review.

The IOR website has this scope on it's page now.

I just ordered mine from Scott 2 days ago. Can't wait til' it gets here.

Man I can't wait for some reviews on this scope. Ior glass is great and heard some really good things with this and the new 3.5x18 ffp scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, the picture I posted is not the 6-24x model. It was taken from a google image search. I think it's from the 3-18x model taken at the SHOT show. Also, it's probably just a prototype but has the digital illumination that was asked about.

Mike </div></div>

The picture is of the 3.5-18x50 model that was on display during SHOT.

However, the illumination system is the same as on the new 6-24x56.

ILya

Here's the link on Valdada's webpage: New 6-24x56 FFP

J3RICH0941, your scope ships today!!

JonA, 16 mils of travel on the 6-24

Scope looks great, I've got one incoming to to look over, I'll take and post pics.

I'll admit this scope has us excited. Can't wait for the user feedback!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the link on Valdada's webpage: New 6-24x56 FFP

Scope looks great, I've got one incoming to to look over, I'll take and post pics.

I'll admit this scope has us excited. Can't wait for the user feedback!!</div></div>

Not that I am implying anything, but if you send it to me, I'll compare it to the Razor 5-20x50 that I currently looking at ....

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the link on Valdada's webpage: New 6-24x56 FFP

I'll admit this scope has us excited. Can't wait for the user feedback!!</div></div>

Not that I am implying anything, but if you send it to me, I'll compare it to the Razor 5-20x50 that I currently looking at ....

ILya </div></div>

Well sir, that would be quite a comparison.
grin.gif

Use a file it can easily become 34mm just dont go to 30mm
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use a file it can easily become 34mm just dont go to 30mm
smile.gif
</div></div>

You can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the link on Valdada's webpage: New 6-24x56 FFP

ILya </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

I also have a Premier 3-15x50 and March 2.5-25x42 on hand.

If you want me to look at the glass, send the IOR over and I'll have it back to you in a week or two ::)

ILya

Deal. You'll have it next week.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the link on Valdada's webpage: New 6-24x56 FFP

ILya </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

I also have a Premier 3-15x50 and March 2.5-25x42 on hand.

If you want me to look at the glass, send the IOR over and I'll have it back to you in a week or two ::)

ILya </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deal. You'll have it next week.

Scott

</div></div>

Let me know when it ships.

ILya

Do we have any more pictures or video of this scope other then the few on Liberty Optic and the IOR site? I'm wondering about the focus knob on the the side. It looks like a big meaty knob but the only picture I've seen makes it look like there's about 1" of adjustment from 100yds to infinite with a couple dots in between them. Does that really mean each 1/4" or so if turn is good for 250+ yds? That seems like a very limited adjustment for such a large knob. Also looks like the IOR site says it includes rings but no mention of that on Liberty Optics so can you confirm that these do indeed include rings for the $1,850 price. Some clarification on this would be nice as would some more pictures and video.

I would also like to know how the warranty is handled and where repairs/exchanges occur.

Thanks!