• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Increased rifle weight and reduced recoil for injuries.

I have had spinal issues for 15 years and had to sell my M1A collection and all of my shot guns and it sucked.Now I shoot the 223AI with a break on it and just love the calibre.I also shoot a whole lot of 22 rf and the Vudoo with the ZC 4X20 has become one of my favorite toys.
Man those Vudoos are sweet, I'll just be over here with my 10/22 build with the other poors 😂

Man those Vudoos are sweet, I'll just be over here with my 10/22 build with the other poors 😂
Yeah, but you probably haven’t had to sell off all of your other weapons because you can’t use them anymore. It’s a worthy consolation and a lot less $$$ than what he let go.

Reactions: akmike47
You know how much recoil your current rifle have. Punch them in and play around with this. These will obviously be numbers before a brake or can, but this is a very good tool to get a rough idea of how weight and ammo changes play in. If Pay attention to recoil velocity. Even a light recoiling rifle that recoils sharply will hurt.

I came across a formula a while back that produces approximately the same result without knowing the velocity:

R = ((b + p) * p) / (f * 80)

Where:
R = recoil in pounds
b = bullet weight in grains
p = powder weight in grains
f = firearm weight in pounds

Example:
168 gn bullet with a 71.8 gn of powder fired from a 10.2 lb rifle

((168 + 71.8) * 71.8) / (10.2 * 80) = 21.1 lbs of recoil

I came across a formula a while back that produces approximately the same result without knowing the velocity:

R = ((b + p) * p) / (f * 80)

Where:
R = recoil in pounds
b = bullet weight in grains
p = powder weight in grains
f = firearm weight in pounds

Example:
168 gn bullet with a 71.8 gn of powder fired from a 10.2 lb rifle

((168 + 71.8) * 71.8) / (10.2 * 80) = 21.1 lbs of recoil

A kinder, gentler way to weaponize math :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kingaling
This thing shoots great. first two rounds were real close to being the exact same hole at 100 off a bag, and then I started screwing with the turrets haha.

I think 178 ELD-M and 41.5 grains of IMR 4064 is the ticket loaded to the lands.

This thing shoots great. first two rounds were real close to being the exact same hole at 100 off a bag, and then I started screwing with the turrets haha.

I think 178 ELD-M and 41.5 grains of IMR 4064 is the ticket loaded to the lands.

Sounds like you are happy with the configuration.

I finally got the 300WM scoped that I posted earlier. The combination of weight, brake, and mercury reduced the recoil down immensely. Very pleasant to shoot. 72.0 gr RL22 w/ 200gr SMK @2933 fps.

Attachments

• 20201030_162122.jpg
    20201030_162122.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: akmike47