• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Indiana gunsmith

operatorj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Heltonville ,Indiana
Does anyone out there know of a good smith in indiana that you would trust to cut a barrel. I would like to get my 700 pss cut to 20 or 18.5 inches and dont really know who to take it to.

Re: Indiana gunsmith

Mark Penrod /Pendrod Precision 260 982 8385 west of Ft.Wayne machine work/builds/etc

Brent Lidgard 5743401042 South Bend, rifle builder/machine services/etc

Ray Saltzman - Saltzman Gun Works - Tipton, IN

Mark Penrod, I believe is still in North Manchester, IN, unless he moved recently.

I do know that Ray has several jobs lined up so wait time may be an issue.

Another vote for Mark Penrod.Does good work at fair prices.

I dont know who Elmores uses, but they have someone they contract out work to. He was able to thread a M9 barrel and make a thread protector for me.

There is an English guy in Indy, old school gunsmith that works on everything from Webleys to Safari Rifles.....

Not much help I know

Elmore's send stuff off to Saltzman and he does great work.

I have personal experience with AJ Brown's work and I can't recommend him highly enough. Any of my comprehensive work will go to AJ.

If you're in or near Indy I have a friend who does my barrel threading for me and does a nice job. PM me and I can get you set up with him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geoff Corn
812-749-6416
Oakland City, IN </div></div>
+1
He has done work for me and couple of me buddies.

Geoff Corn. Have not had any work done by him but he was recommended to me, by a good friend that had him build his duty rifle(EPD swat) and I have a few buddies that have had brakes and barrel work done by him and I am impressed. Plus he is about an hour from me, the first time I need a new barrel on something other then a savage I will be seeing this guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308skinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geoff Corn
812-749-6416
Oakland City, IN </div></div>
+1
He has done work for me and couple of me buddies. </div></div>

Yep +1 again!

Geoff Corn rebuilt my friend's M1A and did an outstanding job, shoots like a dream now.

I was also able to handle Rem700 that Geoff had built and he definitely does nice work.

I contacted A.J. Brown yesterday and I am dropping off rifle today. The good thing about it is he is not far from where I leave and was very helpful over the phone. Thanks again for all your help and I cannt wait to see the work he has done.

A little teaser-- 2 AJ Brown Built FN SPRs--but the real beauty of his builds is how well they shoot!!

fns005.jpg

fns008.jpg

Thanks--and THANKS ALAN!

Can't wait for him to finish my Badger Build!!

BTW--Don't blame Alan for the spiral flutes---he was NOT a fan!

Dropped rifle off yesterday and got to look at some of his work. Got to say they all looked good and he could not have been any nicer. I will post before and after pics when I get it back around first of the week.