• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Indiana gunsmith

operatorj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Heltonville ,Indiana
Does anyone out there know of a good smith in indiana that you would trust to cut a barrel. I would like to get my 700 pss cut to 20 or 18.5 inches and dont really know who to take it to.

Re: Indiana gunsmith

Mark Penrod /Pendrod Precision 260 982 8385 west of Ft.Wayne machine work/builds/etc

Brent Lidgard 5743401042 South Bend, rifle builder/machine services/etc

Ray Saltzman - Saltzman Gun Works - Tipton, IN

Mark Penrod, I believe is still in North Manchester, IN, unless he moved recently.

I do know that Ray has several jobs lined up so wait time may be an issue.

Another vote for Mark Penrod.Does good work at fair prices.

I dont know who Elmores uses, but they have someone they contract out work to. He was able to thread a M9 barrel and make a thread protector for me.

There is an English guy in Indy, old school gunsmith that works on everything from Webleys to Safari Rifles.....

Not much help I know

Elmore's send stuff off to Saltzman and he does great work.

I have personal experience with AJ Brown's work and I can't recommend him highly enough. Any of my comprehensive work will go to AJ.

If you're in or near Indy I have a friend who does my barrel threading for me and does a nice job. PM me and I can get you set up with him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geoff Corn
812-749-6416
Oakland City, IN </div></div>
+1
He has done work for me and couple of me buddies.

Geoff Corn. Have not had any work done by him but he was recommended to me, by a good friend that had him build his duty rifle(EPD swat) and I have a few buddies that have had brakes and barrel work done by him and I am impressed. Plus he is about an hour from me, the first time I need a new barrel on something other then a savage I will be seeing this guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308skinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geoff Corn
812-749-6416
Oakland City, IN </div></div>
+1
He has done work for me and couple of me buddies. </div></div>

Yep +1 again!

Geoff Corn rebuilt my friend's M1A and did an outstanding job, shoots like a dream now.

I was also able to handle Rem700 that Geoff had built and he definitely does nice work.

I contacted A.J. Brown yesterday and I am dropping off rifle today. The good thing about it is he is not far from where I leave and was very helpful over the phone. Thanks again for all your help and I cannt wait to see the work he has done.

A little teaser-- 2 AJ Brown Built FN SPRs--but the real beauty of his builds is how well they shoot!!

fns005.jpg

fns008.jpg

Thanks--and THANKS ALAN!

Can't wait for him to finish my Badger Build!!

BTW--Don't blame Alan for the spiral flutes---he was NOT a fan!

Dropped rifle off yesterday and got to look at some of his work. Got to say they all looked good and he could not have been any nicer. I will post before and after pics when I get it back around first of the week.