• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Infinity setting on Nightforce parallax knob??

Mark82ndABN

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2004
Bangor, PA
I have a new Nightforce 5.5-22x50 and have a question concerning the infinity setting on the parallax turret. I understand the differences between parallax and focus (well, I'm pretty sure) but when looking through my scope at the higher magnifications at ranges of 1,000 yards and beyond wouldn't it make sense that the parallax adjustment be at the infinity mark? I have a blurry image at the infinity setting on the higher settings at extreme distances. I can get a clear image by backing away from the infinity mark but it seems like the infinity setting is somewhat useless. This is my first Nightforce so I'm not sure if this is normal. Any input or "enlightenment" would be appreciated.

Re: Infinity setting on Nightforce parallax knob??

I have the same scope, and my understanding is the infinity mark is just a starting point. You start there and turn the turret back until you get an image that is in focus, and then adjust for parallax if needed.

inifinty > 1000 yards

there's your problem

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To INFINITY AND BEYOND

Infinity is beyond 1000

free-adventure-games.jpg
</div></div>

LOL....