• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision InfiRay Rico PRO 640 - Variable Objective Thermal Optic (25mm/50mm)

patina

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2019
This is probably the most exciting thing for me to come out of SHOT this year.

A compact, weapons mounted thermal featuring both an optical 25mm 1.5x objective along with an optical 50mm 3x objective (with 4x digital zoom on both) in one unit. User switchable, so you can scan with the 25mm then switch to the 50mm to engage. Seems like the best of both worlds... will there be a compromise?

Onboard batter pack, video and audio recording, LRF compatible, 5-year warranty.

This thing seems like it's going to tick all the boxes for my next thermal. MAP looks like $6499.

Anyone here get to play with one first hand this week?

pBN4qQs.png

Bt5AkCJ.png

Twhc78X.png

ROJ7QsE.png

The Zoom monocular is made for spotting, the Pro scope's are made for shooting.
Very nice feature, but it should've also been added to the 1280 res scope for the inflated price their asking for it.

SJC

There must be a typo on their specs, or something was lost in translation. Doubling the objective focal length should lead to doubling (not tripling) the magnification. The math here is elementary.

I hadn't looked at it (or through it) until SHOT. Honestly blew right by it earlier, because the specs are almost identical to the RICO Alpha I have. I saw the 640 resolution, figured it was just a repackaging of the sexy-housing'd Alpha. Which was a huge mistake, because when I got to the booth I saw that the Pro

a.) was 4 ounces lighter
and
b.) it has a non-proprietary USB-C instead of some three-way nightmare cables... (if only it had non-proprietary batteries too...)
but also
c.) it has the magic zoom feature. That's what the kids call a "gamechanger".

Seriously cool how you can go from a pretty darn wide, scanning optic at 25mm, and then reach forward, twist, and go to a closeup 50mm magnification without having to fumble for zoom buttons.

I'm not sure if it was 1.5x or 1x at the wide FOV.

There must be a typo on their specs, or something was lost in translation. Doubling the objective focal length should lead to doubling (not tripling) the magnification. The math here is elementary.
I believe it’s 1.5x at 25mm.