• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Info request .375 Chey Tac

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
My new rifle it seem to be ready for delivery, I need some advices about where to find the best reloading dies.. any info will be appreciated, I would like to use CT 350 gr.

CT3_zps73b2639b.jpg

CT2_zpsfb7fa046.jpg

CT1_zps29312afd.jpg

While you can get custom dies from several manufacturers (Hornady, Redding, Lee) I've found CH4D to be the most responsive. I called them up when I ordered my rifle, thinking it would take at least as long, but I had a set of dies in a week. A year later I decided I wanted a bushing neck sizer and again, I had it in a short amount of time.

I bought mine from CH4D a few months ago and had them in a week. Be sure to order a shell holder at the same time.

Competitor Corps.

CH4D dies were lacking in my opinion. Run out was insanely bad. They refused to address the issue and told me it would be weeks before they would even look at them. No thanks.

The boys at CC back east will make you some good ones. Bushing sizer die, straight line seater die, custom body die and good customer service.

These three also have extensive experience in .375 Cheytac dies with some unique features. I just got a Warner sizing die for my .375 built off 8 rounds of my once fired brass.
Warner Tool Company - Reloading Dies
Also
Neil Jones Custom Products
He will make you a hand held decapper in that caliber as well
Finally, Dave Viersco at Viersco as others have said
VIERSCO.COM

It looks like you spent some big money on your rifle. These guys all make dies that will give you the best out of it.

When I spoke to CC I got the impression that they would only make dies with a 1 3/8" body. I planned on using a Hollywood turret press and didn't want to have to bush it down, so I called Dave Viers and am happy with the dies and turnaround time (around 2 weeks).

Just curious, does the the carry handle balance where it is mounted now?

yes it is, I did some test and work fine, I'll post some more pictures as soon as I'll have the rifle in my hands for initial field test

For my .375 Cheytac, I have the Dave Viers set of dies as well. Very nice to say the least. I ordered my set of dies with the adjustable micro seating gauge. the only way to go in my opinion. Good luck with your rifle.

If you can try to get a bushing die just gives you more options.

I bought my .375 snipetac from david viers and also my dies with his load of 134 gr. Of retumbo. Needless to say the rifles shoot,s sub-moa and i can,t say enough about his company (black diamond rifles). Good luck to you on your new build.

I have a CH4D set but might have to check out a different set if they don't perform. Waiting on my 375CT conversion from dta should be here by end of may.

I have custom dies from both Warner Tools and Neil Jones. I would put the Warner Tools up against anyone on run out and consistent performance. Neil Jones is a good die as well.

Jeffvn

I have custom dies from both Warner Tools and Neil Jones. I would put the Warner Tools up against anyone on run out and consistent performance. Neil Jones is a good die as well.

Jeffvn

Some good advise

I also have the very best experience with Dave Viers who made me a 338 Snipetac including dies. High quality work from a high quality shop.

I noticed shellholder Dave delivered showed slight grinding on it. When iterating on adjusting headspace, I realized Dave had already fixed the headspace. Just screwed the die down on the shellholder and had perfect headspace!!

Awesome rifle! Looking to see mine delivered soon, pretty much the same rifle but with different brake/butt and in 375 SnipeTac. So you're giving me a sneak-peek of my own rifle ;)

I bought my 375ST dies from Dave Viers (Viersco). They are 1.25" unless you ask otherwise. Good price and very rugged. I have the micrometer seater.

You should go with dave viers. His product,s are quality and excellent service

VIERSCO.COM they make custom dies. Dave will take care of you

Dave did my dies too... Very happy with them and, Dave is a great guy to boot. He also did the dies quickly for me.

Not bagging on CH4D but, when I was looking for dies, they didn't have any and the only response I got was that they'd make more in the spring.... Dave got them to me in a couple of weeks.

One shot can you provide some specs on your rifle. What type of chassie system are you running.

Do you know if they make custom dies, if you send a fired case?