• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Info Request: Harbor Freight 2.5L Ultrasonic Cleaner

clcustom1911

Muppet Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2017
    The River in Arizona
    Does anyone have one of these? If so, what are the dimensions of the cleaning chamber? (Length, width, depth)

I have a few baskets for another u.s. cleaner I would like to use in this one.

Thanks

The Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner
    Screenshot_20190402-170945.png

I used one of these a few years ago when I first started reloading. It works ok, cleans a lot better if there isn’t a whole lot in it. What I found is it’s a waste of time. Tumbling brass gets it plenty clean to shoot .3 groups from a bipod so I dropped the ultrasonic from the process.

If you must use it make sure it’s totally dried out when you store it. My first one corroded a hole through the tank in one day because the bottom of he basket was still damp when I put it away. They swapped it out but a month later I realized I didn’t even need this step in reloading. And actually cutting that step cut like 3 steps because once you get the brass wet you have to make for damn sure it’s dry before doing anything else. Pain in the ass!

Thanks for the info. I know about all the wetness steps, etc. I salt bath anneal then drop into a water bucket, so gotta dry out the brass before anything else happens.

The price of admission into the silly world of "precision reloading" LoL

Go to Amazon and search sonics, way better offerings, not sure on your price point, but look for number of transducers and wattage. More pucks and higher wattage equal faster cleaning of anything you put in the tank.

There harbor freight is pretty much a copy of the lyman its a good buy for the money

I don't even know where the basket for mine is it works much better without it. I can try to find it though.

Does anyone have one of these? If so, what are the dimensions of the cleaning chamber? (Length, width, depth)

I have a few baskets for another u.s. cleaner I would like to use in this one.

Thanks

The Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner
    View attachment 7054257
    I have been using one exactly like the one in photo for about 10 years. Works for me.
    Size is 9.5 inches long, 5.75 inches wide at center and 3 inches deep.

Reactions: clcustom1911
    I've got one. Will check in a little while.

9.5 W
    6 H
    3 D

I use mine for cleaning can baffles, along with CLR solution. Works well. I don't have any criticsms of the unit, given what I paid for it. However, it does have limited duty cycle capability and has to cool down/shut off before the baffles are entirely clean. I will be looking for a bigger unit that I can clean baffles in one, continuous run as opposed to having to "start/stop".

Last edited:
    Reactions: clcustom1911
    Well there you go! Not a fan of HF stuff in general but these work surprisingly well for the cost.

The two on top have probably 3 cycles on the HF ultrasonic cleaner. Works fine for small batches.

Attachments

• 82EAFDBC-1DAB-49BB-A664-1CECF8A4DEFD.jpeg
      82EAFDBC-1DAB-49BB-A664-1CECF8A4DEFD.jpeg
      341.1 KB · Views: 36