• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Information/Advice/Help please read

bruiz86

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Yoder, Wyoming
Hi only been a part of the forum a few years but have learned this is a broad, knowledgable group of people. This past weekend my uncle was shot and paralyzed from a man trying to rob him. Looking to get in contact with other handicapped shooters or anyone with information on helping shoot and hunt for a person in a wheelchair. Portable shooting bench ideas, chair attachments, fishing and boating preparations, Lift for a deer stand and goose blind, ect. He is a very avid outdoorsman and trying to keep positive and prepared when he is ready. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Very sorry to hear about your uncle. His desire to stay active and positive should be an inspiration to those of us who are able-bodied and too lazy to get off the couch.

I don't have any ideas for the equipment you seek but I would suggest starting at a VA hospital or with the Disabled American Veterans group. They've sourced everything from kayaks to skis and everything in between to rebuild disabled vets confidence, strength and self respect by getting them out and getting them active. Its a terrific program and while your uncle may not 'qualify' to be part of this group, he certainly has similar needs. I'll bet someone there would be glad to help you find the gear your uncle wants.