• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

I’m not saying I’m better at design

But I’d make a good CFO

That’s why companies have CEO CFO COO etc

Cuz usually one guy doesn’t have expertise across all those fields.

IMG_5911.jpeg

I think the question was asking if you have tried the new complete IP system, and can compare it to the others?
No, but I have been using the trickler for some time now and nothing out there compares to it. However, the point was that just running the thing down over and over is a bad look.

I must have missed the posts where anyone said anything negative at all about the system, apart from the latest draft shield prototype.

Can you quote em for me - I feel like I’ve missed something.

I must have missed the posts where anyone said anything negative at all about the system, apart from the latest draft shield prototype.

Can you quote em for me - I feel like I’ve missed something.
Draft shield and light are hokey

Price is a bit much

Website gets people lost/confused; lacks clear information about price, included disks, release/shipping dates, what powders (if any) it WON’T work with, which ones aren’t tested yet, warranty, etc

^are the only negatives mentioned

Last edited:
i have one of these I’m planning on using and it’s $5 dollars more.

Reactions: NiteQwill
No, but I have been using the trickler for some time now and nothing out there compares to it. However, the point was that just running the thing down over and over is a bad look.
It's okay to be critical. Honestly, the "my thing/ device I purchased can do no wrong" schtick is tiresome. You see it everywhere on forums during the honeymoon periods of a new device. I'd rather have an environment where people can have candor and be frank than an environment where some few curate bandwagoning by being coercive of those that demonstrate scepticism. If you were around for the Theis/ Hoplite fiasco you'll know what I mean. A crew of SH experts leading the nut-swinging and could hear no wrong.

I've learned in life and in my job that when you become a public figure or rise to a certain position you put yourself out there at the mercy and whim of the public. Who is cruel and fickle. You can rail about what is right and wrong in conduct but it's just the way it is. If you choose to accept those positions you better have thick skin or you can go cry into your pillow at night.

It's okay to be critical. Honestly, the "my thing/ device I purchased can do no wrong" schtick is tiresome. You see it everywhere on forums during the honeymoon periods of a new device. I'd rather have an environment where people can have candor and be frank than an environment where some few curate bandwagoning by being coercive of those that demonstrate scepticism. If you were around for the Theis/ Hoplite fiasco you'll know what I mean. A crew of SH experts leading the nut-swinging and could hear no wrong.

I've learned in life and in my job that when you become a public figure or rise to a certain position you put yourself out there at the mercy and whim of the public. Who is cruel and fickle. You can rail about what is right and wrong in conduct but it's just the way it is. If you choose to accept those positions you better have thick skin or you can go cry into your pillow at night.

That's just hyperbole. I didn't say anything about "can do no wrong" blah blah blah. Yeah he's open to criticism, as I said from the beginning, but there's limits that need to be had in order to not get into just one dipshit after another trying to one up each other on how bad something is. That's what gets old. I'd like to have more vendor interaction here not less. Being constructive and voicing opinions is one thing, but it gets tiring just having a bitch fest about something so trivial. I know..."welcome to the internet ", I just think it makes us all look bad and won't get us more info on things or more vendor interaction, it will get us less. I don't want yet another back and forth so I'm done, it wasn't never meant to get anything started. It's Christmas and I have enough crap to without arguing on here.

I'm just being petty. There were some folks here last month that were justifying the cost with the rationale that you'd never need to upgrade again. And here comes this breeze shield.... I predict instant A419 ecosystem parts

You just seem to like to argue incessantly and then complain about others doing what you're actually doing. Dragging the argument out as well as taking them out of context, simply for the sake of arguing.

No one said you'd never need to upgrade. What was said is that as a technology matures, the need for upgrades as well as the amount of people upgrading decreases. Depending on a few factors, many times this requires price increases as you're selling less new units of the more advanced technology.

An extremely easy example is the iPhone. Between 2010 and 2020 the amount of iPhone users went from about 10 million to 1 billion. Every year the number rises. Yearly shipments of iPhones increased yearly until a peak in 2015 after which the yearly shipments decreased. If you take 2010 and 2011 sales, there was an increase of 17 million uses and an increase of 47 million shipments. Lots of people upgrading and/or buying second phones. In 2019 and 2020 there was an increase of 52 million users but only an increase of 15 million shipments.

This happens to almost any technology that gets to a point where the upgrades become much smaller with each new generation. Especially when the industry best in a said technology no longer has a large gap over the rest of the competition. Powder dispensers are now getting to the point that the only thing a Prometheus does better is remove the powder cup from your hand. The end result is more and more users content with their middle to late generation products and less inclined to upgrade to the current generation. Which many times necessitates a price increase for the new generation (or new product from another company) as they anticipate less overall sales and still need to maintain an acceptable ROI.

You just seem to like to argue incessantly and then complain about others doing what you're actually doing. Dragging the argument out as well as taking them out of context, simply for the sake of arguing.

No one said you'd never need to upgrade. What was said is that as a technology matures, the need for upgrades as well as the amount of people upgrading decreases. Depending on a few factors, many times this requires price increases as you're selling less new units of the more advanced technology.

An extremely easy example is the iPhone. Between 2010 and 2020 the amount of iPhone users went from about 10 million to 1 billion. Every year the number rises. Yearly shipments of iPhones increased yearly until a peak in 2015 after which the yearly shipments decreased. If you take 2010 and 2011 sales, there was an increase of 17 million uses and an increase of 47 million shipments. Lots of people upgrading and/or buying second phones. In 2019 and 2020 there was an increase of 52 million users but only an increase of 15 million shipments.

This happens to almost any technology that gets to a point where the upgrades become much smaller with each new generation. Especially when the industry best in a said technology no longer has a large gap over the rest of the competition. Powder dispensers are now getting to the point that the only thing a Prometheus does better is remove the powder cup from your hand. The end result is more and more users content with their middle to late generation products and less inclined to upgrade to the current generation. Which many times necessitates a price increase for the new generation (or new product from another company) as they anticipate less overall sales and still need to maintain an acceptable ROI.

"You just seem to like to argue incessantly" .

I pre ordered one. I’m super stoked. Will be a big upgrade for me. I also ordered a shield… I hope he revises it. If not I will probably cancel that part and go another route. I really want clear. Something like the one justdreaming is making

Last edited:
i have one of these I’m planning on using and it’s $5 dollars more.

This will be my route, too. I have an enclosure from him and it's magic.

Reactions: Jrb572
Serious question: What problem are we trying to solve with new/different breeze shields vs the A419 upgrade that most of us have already bought? Do we have to upgrade to be able to use Paul's dropper?
That's a great question. I thought we needed this new breeze shield to run it...but if there is no need/benefit vs our existing Area419 top then I don't need it

Last edited:
Serious question: What problem are we trying to solve with new/different breeze shields vs the A419 upgrade that most of us have already bought? Do we have to upgrade to be able to use Paul's dropper?
There is no problem using the stock, area419, or Jim's enclosure. It is mostly aesthetics. Additionally, I appreciate Jim's setup since I've had it, makes moving everything easy (since I rearrange my bench every 3rd Sunday of month and with every full moon 😆).

There is no problem using the stock, area419, or Jim's enclosure. It is mostly aesthetics. Additionally, I appreciate Jim's setup since I've had it, makes moving everything easy (since I rearrange my bench every 3rd Sunday of month and with every full moon 😆).
Good to hear. Trying to distinguish between "want" and "required" in the incremental improvements. I wonder how many people are going to buy it just because it's new? I added it to my preorder because I wasn't sure if I needed it

Good to hear. Trying to distinguish between "want" and "required" in the incremental improvements. I wonder how many people are going to buy it just because it's new? I added it to my preorder because I wasn't sure if I needed it
I can tell you from my group of friends who are serious about reloading and shooting (we were one of the first 25 orders for the unit, many of us buying 2), all of us are cancelling the order for the draft shield given the recent change.

I’m using it because it’s what I have and was making the comment for another $5 dollars I thought you would get a better quality part than the $95 dollar one IG is offering If you wanted a different draft shield. I don’t think you need anything different than what comes with the scale originally.

I can tell you from my group of friends who are serious about reloading and shooting (we were one of the first 25 orders for the unit, many of us buying 2), all of us are cancelling the order for the draft shield given the recent change.
Is there an option to cancel/modify? I do prefer the A419 version, but i think there is still tons of time until Paul releases the actual final version of his product.

Is there an option to cancel/modify? I do prefer the A419 version, but i think there is still tons of time until Paul releases the actual final version of his product.
Yes, when I spoke to Paul the other day he said the pre-order is holding your place in line and orders can be changed once its all finalized.

Yesterday I realized I had mistakenly ordered the “Upgrade” kit instead of the complete system. I had placed my order the first day it went live, and I need the complete system as I don’t already have the Trickler. I emailed Paul through the site, explained my mistake, and today I have an email from the site with the correction made to the order for a complete system. No message from anyone, just a new invoice. My order number did not change.
I could see where my mistake could’ve been a problem for me when it comes available because I didn’t order/reserve all the components I need. However I would think it wouldn’t be any problem deleting something from the order (shield, cup, etc) at payment time.

Welp, I'm #27517 for the upgrade kit, no extras. I have really enjoyed the trickler added to my v3. I actually pondered getting a kill kit for 200$ more, and having a v3 w/ ig trickler to sell as a means to recoup costs.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Welp, I'm #27517 for the upgrade kit, no extras. I have really enjoyed the trickler added to my v3. I actually pondered getting a kill kit for 200$ more, and having a v3 w/ ig trickler to sell as a means to recoup costs.
Locally, people are willing to pay good money for a ATV3+IP. I'm sure that won't change.

Hmmm??? Because of the sensitivity of these scales, I'm wondering if this new draft shield shields enough of the draft with that cup handle hanging outside? Otherwise, it looks like a nice design.
I saw 0.04gr worth of drift, maybe as much as 0.06gr.

Nice design otherwise, agreed.

Reactions: FNG1001
Yeah, that looks fabulous. And I don’t care if it’s printed or not as long as it doesn’t have static issues or issues with the platen affecting the scale
...but let's be honest, that new design in smokey acrylic would be, as the kids nowadays say, hot AF! :) :) :)

I do like the changes, though...definitely no longer an afterthought. Much improved.

Reactions: secondofangle2
I saw 0.04gr worth of drift, maybe as much as 0.06gr.

Nice design otherwise, agreed.
Yeah, it is now very similar to the super spiller.

I did have drift issues with my super Spiller, but I’m told that was due to static issues from the plastic housing

Note that with the markedly shrunken platen footprint, much less of it is exposed to drafts compared to the stock platen

Now that's slick. Really nice.

@secondofangle2 I think there's some issues with certain types of plastic or acrylic or whatever it is. Paul has mentioned that he's using a different material that won't have static issues for thr cup so I assume that applies to the shield as well. As someone who went round and round with static issues a while back, I know it can be a real pain to deal with. With how much knowledge on the subject Paul has I would think he'd have that situation taken care of but I'm just guessing here too