• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ingenuity Precision trickler

I worked in very high tech (telcom) as a program manager including a couple of start ups. Starting up a company and producing a new product is indeed very, very difficult, very stressful, and unanticipated issues constantly arise. It is not an endeavor for the weak of heart. But if successful, it can be very rewarding in all senses.

With that said, if a person chooses to take on such a task, then that person must recognize that a high degree of communication with early adopter customers is required given the uncertainty in product function/performance and delivery.

Now, I'm late to the game and just put in the pre-order for the full system. Given that I have not had to pay anything and I have a powder measure (RCBS MatchMaster...which is quite workable if not optimal), I don't see the need to stress about it.

I've read Paul's posts in here and he seems like a pretty reasonable guy, he's shown up in this thread and communicated with us which a lot of vendors don't do, and I'm just going to forget about the pre-order until I get notice from him to pay and have it shipped. No muss, no fuss, it will come when it comes.

Oh...and @thejeff who who a few pages back filed for a charge back claiming fraud by Ingenuity (without even asking for a refund which he would have gotten, per Paul)....he has to be a total fucking snowflake asshole. Wow. Just wow.

Last edited:
I worked in very high tech (telcom) as a program manager including a couple of start ups. Starting up a company and producing a new product is indeed very, very difficult, very stressful, and unanticipated issues constantly arise. It is not an endeavor for the weak of heart. But if successful, it can be very rewarding in all senses.

With that said, if a person chooses to take on such a task, then that person must recognize that a high degree of communication with early adopter customers is required given the uncertainty in product function/performance and delivery.

Now, I'm late to the game and just put in the pre-order for the full system. Given that I have not had to pay anything and I have a powder measure (RCBS MatchMaster...which is quite workable if not optimal), I don't see the need to stress about it.

I've read Paul's posts in here and he seems like a pretty reasonable guy, he's shown up in this thread and communicated with us which a lot of vendors don't do, and I'm just going to forget about the pre-order until I get notice from him to pay and have it shipped. No muss, no fuss, it will come when it comes.

Oh...and @thejeff who who a few pages filed for a charge back claiming fraud by Ingenuity (without even asking for a refund which he would have gotten, per Paul)....he has to be a total fucking millennial snowflake asshole. Wow. Just wow.
Guess you won’t be waiting for early adopters then?

Plenty of boomer douchebags scream chargeback…

Reactions: EXSOCAL
Guess you won’t be waiting for early adopters then?
Well, I feel somewhat certain that by the time my order comes up for delivery, there will be PLENTY of early adopter experience to inform my decisions at that time.

Plenty of boomer douchebags scream chargeback…
Fair enough...so, I removed the "millennial" from my prior post...just for you. 😘 LOL

Reactions: TheOE800
1716418321741.gif

This idea that because you didn’t post any money that Paul owes you nothing is I think mostly bullshit

Like technically, he owes you zero dollars that is obviously correct. But if you are trying to build a business, there is a thing called social capital and you build it by forging trust, openness, and so forth with your clientele.

That - social capital - he might not technically owe us either, but a good businessman would do well to try to build some of it.

And by the way, if you go up several pages, I too predicted July and posted the Wikipedia link to the planning fallacy. Maybe I wasn’t pessimistic enough. Merry Christmas.

This idea that because you didn’t post any money that Paul owes you nothing is I think mostly bullshit

Like technically, he owes you zero dollars that is obviously correct. But if you are trying to build a business, there is a thing called social capital and you build it by forging trust, openness, and so forth with your clientele.

That - social capital - he might not technically owe us either, but a good businessman would do well to try to build some of it.

And by the way, if you go up several pages, I too predicted July and posted the Wikipedia link to the planning fallacy. Maybe I wasn’t pessimistic enough. Merry Christmas.
I get what you’re saying and it’s not wrong. I just have less tied to it and expectations with no money being involved. So I’m not necessarily upset like I would be if I had money tied to it and no updates. I agree it is bad PR to have no official updates explaining anything. The only updates are the unannounced ones on the website that haven’t explained anything. This behavior seems pretty typical of all these start ups. Doesn’t make it any less annoying though.

I would just like to know how much longer I will be hand tricking before I receive it, because at some point I will just go buy another chargemaster or superspiller to tide me over.

Hand trickling is way more painful than I remembered it, in large part because with the FX scale it's much harder to get it down to the last kernel/0.02 than it was to get it to the last 0.1gr on my CM

Right now I just need some ammo to shoot, so I'll settle for 0.1gr on a CM if this wait keeps getting extended towards 2025.

Think about that: the current projected release date is closer to Jan 1, 2025 than it is to Jan 1, 2024.

I would just like to know how much longer I will be hand tricking before I receive it, because at some point I will just go buy another chargemaster or superspiller to tide me over.

Hand trickling is way more painful than I remembered it, in large part because with the FX scale it's much harder to get it down to the last kernel/0.02 than it was to get it to the last 0.1gr on my CM

Right now I just need some ammo to shoot, so I'll settle for 0.1gr on a CM if this wait keeps getting extended towards 2025.

Think about that: the current projected release date is closer to Jan 1, 2025 than it is to Jan 1, 2024.
Don’t waste your money on the supertrickler unless you enjoy over throws 25% of the time.

I know I had one and I was even a beta-tester. That's why I call it the "Superspiller"

Got rid of it. But for stuff like AR-Comp, it was pretty good and I'm shooting a lot of that and RL15 for 223/308 and it's TEDIOUS to hand trickle for those plinker rounds

Reactions: K80/6.5
I plan to keep my V2 with Ingenuity trickler to run in tandem with the new IG thrower regardless. So I'm out nothing. Unfortunately this is the way things happen in this industry. I waited 10 months for 2 terminus actions, was told they're be shipping next week 8 times before I canceled my order and asked for a refund which took a month and 3 phone calls to see in my account. I know a lot of us move the old tech ASAP to get ahead the curve of market saturation to get as much value as possible, sometimes that can bite us in the ass. I sold my labradar as soon the garmin was released cuz I knew there was gonna be a dumb of them in PX. I damn near missed out on getting a garmin first run, so I'd been out a chrono for 3-4 months.

I wasn't going to stay out of this, but your comments above ring true for me when tied together. Before the new IP system was announced, I had pre-ordered the ST. From my research, it appeared to be the best option on the market at the time (the AT V3 with IP Trickler add-on was considered the "very" best, but was no longer available). During the wait for the ST order, which was stated to be 3 (maybe it was 4?) months and turned out to be spot-on, the new IP system was announced and the pre-release videos were posted. The units were to begin shipping "late 2023". I spoke with Paul, and was impressed by everything he said. The next day (I want to say this was late October) I got a notification from ST that my order was ready to ship pending payment. I reluctantly declined the offer, knowing full-well this was "bird in the hand vs. two in the bush". I pre-ordered the IP system as soon as the option was offered. I didn't really expect the IP system to ship on time, but we are now getting to the time that I thought would be worst-case. I now wish I had taken delivery of the ST because as you say, hand-trickling sucks. At the time I spoke with Paul, he was dropping new videos every week or so, making posts here, and things seemed to be moving quickly. Since the first of the year, that has all but ceased. I have remained patient and quiet, and don't want to be in the mob of pile-ons, but I comment here only to say that you are correct about being-out something even though it's not money. I could have been auto-trickling on the best-currently-available system for 6 months now. It was my hesitant decision, and not his fault. But the current blackout on communications from the source is not confidence-inspiring. I would appreciate some occasional updates and explanations with realistic estimates.

I am tired of the people they didn’t collect any money so don’t complain. I think all it would take is to give people a simple update every now and then and I think you would not hear a peep out of 99% of people. There will always be someone who is unhappy. You can’t change that.

I don’t think anyone is complaining they are just looking for an update.

I think it’s a lot easier for us guys who already have the IG tricker to be patient since even dropping the bulk charge manually only takes ~10 minutes per 100rds and we get to see Paul’s design prowess in action…

Hopefully it comes out soon, try to hang in there.
I thought I could get away with just using the V2.5 trickler until the IP system was available. I caved in March and picked up a couple IP tricklers. I figure they won't be hard to sell later.

For those wanting an update I’ll see if Paul can do something this week. Many of the 3d printed parts are being produced. Right now getting parts made that meet specs is the issue. It’s amazing the lack of QC some manufacturers have.

For those wanting an update I’ll see if Paul can do something this week. Many of the 3d printed parts are being produced. Right now getting parts made that meet specs is the issue. It’s amazing the lack of QC some manufacturers have.
Yeah from what I was told last that was a big issue and from my own experience, it's just not good anywhere. Anywhere in this country covid ruined manufacturers all over

Trying to get an outside source to produce parts is a total pain. We’ve had to resort to that since our waterjet took a dump. Unfortunately we have to put up with time delays until we can get it replaced.

The capex to bring high quality manufacturing in house is huge, not even to mention the knowledge needed to keep it in production.

Hell my firm won’t even throw enough money at IRAD to keep a full team working year round on some products.

I am doubting it. I asked him about an update and he just left me on read when in the past he has replied.

I’m obsessed with humidity bc we don’t have any out here

Somebody needs to make a clear plastic cover

I’m obsessed with humidity bc we don’t have any out here

Somebody needs to make a clear plastic cover
You mean like this one?

You mean like this one?

Ah, I don’t think so. They are talking about finding a lid for the IP tricker powder reservoir. See the pic above where @secondofangle2 used duct tape for this purpose.

I guess I was just facetiously pointing out that the wait time with no news about shipping dates is leading some of us to desperation

But I do appreciate the seller for giving me a great deal on something that ACTUALLY WORKS albeit with the known compromises of yesteryear

#fredflintstone wants to enter the digital age of tricklers :)

I bet the guy that sold you that unit included a 3d printed cap for the trickler!

And it may be stone age, but it works!
Yes you did you include a 3d printed lid in the “spare parts” bag! TY!