• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

inletting your own stock for dbm

elkhunter21

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2010
coos bay oregon
Was curious has anyone in letter a h&s precision police stock to accept a dBm, been trying to find a good video refenerce and my husband has a big drill press and I want to do this myself and think that would work perfect does anyone have info that would help me, any would be much appreciated

Ive done it with a drill press and a cross slide vise bolted to the drill press table. I used a couple different 4 flute end mills to get the right contour. It takes alot of time to get it right without butchering the shit out of it. It can be done,but it takes ALOT of time. After doing two of them,if I have to do another, Ill send them out and have them done.

Last edited:
Careful as a drill press isn't meant for lateral pressure which may affect tolerances, kind of what facemelter is talking bout butchering.

I have done several. I always use an old dremel with snake attachment. They are never pretty at first. I just get to where the dbm will go in and bolt in flush. This is a great time to throw a mag in with some dummy loads and cycle a few rnds in and out to ensure good feeding. Once that is done I make sure I make room all around the dbm and I use JB weld or marine tex etc whatever I have around me at that time. Kiwi Polish the dbm and action screws, and go to town filling all the gaps in. I have found that using painters tape wrapped around the DBM when doing this leaves a nice little gap all the way around once the epoxy dries. After it dries take some lite grit sand paper and clean it all up and then paint. This is a great time to texture stock as well. Best of luck I am sure you can do it yourself its not very hard and you will feel like a bad ass when your done. LOL. Take Care.

Awesome gents really appreciate it and if any of you have pics that would be great , currently moved and setting everything up in the garage and so excited to do this but been trying to find videos of good way to do this and so far haven't really found one for the stock I have

I have a mill but when I put a DBM on my 700P I used a dremel. The mill would be a better choice but mine came out fine as I took my time and made small changes until it fit. I would not use a router as they would totally explode the stock material and chip the hell out of it. For me, the inletting was not bad but I had to take some material out of the aluminum frame to get it to fit the way it should. Take your time and go very slow and make nice even lines and you should be good.

would a router work as well or no!

I too thought that a router would work as well. You could make a template of the DBM and then affix the template to the stock. Using a router bit with a bearing, and following the template, that should do it.

Although that sounds like a do-able option, I think I'll just send mine off to CDI when I'm ready. I've done a lot of DIY mods to my stock and have it just the way I like it. I would like to add the DBM feature, but at this point I'm not a fan of making any mistakes with my masterpiece.

i wouldnt use a router as they tend to "grab" because most bits only have 2 blades and that could end up with some pretty decent gouge marks. a mill is idea for doing it so that you dont have to do any final epoxying. the easiest way to do it with out the mill is to take a dremel or even a chisel and just start cutting. use a cutting bit that has straight edges and preferably the blades are spiraled. cut till dbm sits flush and when bolts are in place its not being torqued over to one side or anything. (think stress free just like bedding an action). then coat all metal in your favorite release agent and '"bed" the bottom metal. dont crank on the action bolts. just lightly snug them to get everything aligned. final sand and paint. id put a single wrap of tape on the sides of the dbm like suggested to make the fit not super tight.
done. too easy.:)

On my dremel I just used one of those tubular sanding disks with a mild grit and it worked fine, no chips or scratches. Just go slow and use a steady hand to keep the lines as straight as possible. If you have an unsteady hand or issues with patience, have someone else do it or send it off to have it done. It took me a few hours as its a constant sand/fit/sand/fit/sand/fit.......until its just right. I installed a CDI on mine so it took a little bit of fitting work

Last edited:
ok think so far ill be using my dremmel and im also installing a cdi bottom metal so im really hoping I don't F this up, wish there was a reference video on youtube to watch haven't found any for this stock yet

You will be ok. I had to shave off some of the aluminum and I had to take material down around the bots to get the CDI to sit flush. You could also send it off and have them do it and you will have it back in 2-3 weeks.

yea I was thinking about sending it to them but want to save money and want to actually do something myself, ive noticed im probably gonna have to take some off around where it bolts but I am thinking of buying a mill bit for my dremmel with the flex shaft has anyone used this before did it work good or not so good, the mill bit has a depth gauge on it so I can go down precisely with out going to far