• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Input please... Bushnell Tactical 3-12x44 #ET3124F

5150Marcelo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
Orange County, CA
Hello fellas. First time poster, long time lurker. Looking for the right deal on a NF NXS scope, but in the mean time, I want to get into something for starters and begin to actully 'learn' scopes and correct usage. I found a kick a$$ deal on the Bushy Elite Tactical 3-13x44 model# ET3124F It will sit atop my LR 308 AR10 with a 20" ss barrel. This will be my primary pig hunting rifle and I would like to comfortably have the know how of adjusting for shots out to 600 yards. Realistically, most of my shots are inside 300, but anything further is a sort of hail mary for me. I usually just hold and not acually dial the scope. I want to be able to do that.
Anyway, I just wanted some input on the Bushnell Tactical scope. Dollar for dollar, are they pretty decent scopes for the money. Looks like they go around 750 up to 1100 for the same damn scope.

Let me know. Thanks!

Re: Input please... Bushnell Tactical 3-12x44 #ET3124F

I have one on a 300win mag.

When the one with the gap reticule is available I will be putting it on a 308 AR.

Knobs have fairly solid but not audible clicks, glass is about as good as a mk4 leupold, not too heavy or large. Mine has been fine on a 300win and someone I know has one on a 30-378 and likes it.

If you're getting it used for say 600$ I don't think you can beat it.

Otherwise the super sniper 3-9 might be a better choice. It seems to do a bit better in low light and is lighter weight.

Good glass, well made, and nice features. Wish they had a zero stop but other than that I have no complaints with mine.

I like the one I have. Turrets aren't really audible but you can feel the clicks well. Tracking has been spot on and the glass seems clear and bright.

They don't seem to be as large and imposing as some other scopes although it is a bit heavy. It's well built though

It's a good scope in my opinion. I put one on my wife's 5R 223 and it does very well.
I'd recommend buying one or something similar from the used market here on the Hide. That's where mine came from for $500.

SP

I had one, sold it here on the Hide, it got damaged by the USPO, Bushnell replaced it for free. I will buy more of their scopes because they stand behind their product.

Only reason I sold it, was because I did not need it at the time. No problems at all.

I have one sitting on top of my FN SPR in 308. I dont have much to compare to but the glass is more than clear enough for what I use the rifle for. Adjustments are very repeatable, the only range I have access to is 600yards, it takes 4.9mils to get there and it always returns to zero. With the 20moa base I have about 14.5mils of elevation total. For the money it works great.

Very good scopes for the price-- I have a pair on my air rifles.

Good: The standard mil-dot reticle is basic but gets the job done (the new BRT reticle or G2DMR models coming out will give more holdover options), the turrets track and repeat well, glass quality/clarity is good. Bad: Illumination is green (I prefer red) and even on the lowest setting it's a bit too bright for use at night. Eyebox gets touchy about 11-12X which makes consistent eye placement critical as if you drift out of the sweet spot the reticle goes gray and tries to disappear out of the FOV.

At their original price of $650ish they were a good deal, when dealers clearanced out the old green-numbered versions for ~$530 a year or so ago they were a great deal. With some searching you can find lightly used ones for under $600 which gives you a lot of scope for the money.

I have the ET6245F and it's worked well for me. The only thing I would like to see is a zero stop and better reticles. I'd wait for the G2 to come out.

I have been very pleased with mine. About one of the only things I didn't like about it is the green colored markings. Thanks to a white crayon they are now nicely color filled and visible.

thanks for the input guys. I may wait for the newer reticle to come out unless i find a bangin deal on a used one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Marcelo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the input guys. I may wait for the newer reticle to come out unless i find a bangin deal on a used one. </div></div>

I have another ET6245F with the mildot ret I'll sell you that has never been mounted. I also got a set of new Seekins 30mm rings for it if your interested.