• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Installation Question - Anarchy Outdoors Spigot Mount and Thumb Rest

Destmiker

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2006
Florida
I just bought a thumb rest and a spigot mount for my Accuracy International AT from Anarchy Outdoors. I checked out their installation videos and the job looked easy - until I tried to remove the flush cups. I'm having zero luck removing them so far. I've reached out to their customer support, but thought I try asking here too, since I expect there a few people here who've installed these. What's the trick to removing the flush cups?

I'm assuming I'm going to have to use heat on them. So far I've bent one hex key beyond use trying to remove the cups. Appreciate any tips!

Hex key on the flush cups & a punch for the roll pin worked for me, I’d give it another go with something a little stronger.

Hex key on the flush cups & a punch for the roll pin worked for me, I’d give it another go with something a little stronger.
I'll definitely keep trying. I won't be able to leave it alone until I get it to work or break something trying.

Which flush cups are you having a hard time with?

For the rear grip area flush cups, the best method is:
- Heat on the head of the screw and opposite side flush cup
- Quality, tight fitting Allen wrench since it's easy to strip the 2.5mm head
- Wrap the opposite side flush cup with electrical tape so it doesn't mar, and hold onto it with a pair of pliers or vise grip so it doesn't rotate along with the screw
- It is a long screw that holds the two halves together, so there is a lot of loctite to break loose

For the front flush cups that thread into the spigot "block"
- Heat the flush cup, again - lots of loctite!
- Best bet is to use a tight fitting roll pin punch in the thru-holes of the flush cup (either 3mm or 7/64")
- Once the roll pin punch is in, you'll have a lot more leverage to loosen it counter-clockwise.

Reactions: RS14

- Wrap the opposite side flush cup with electrical tape so it doesn't mar, and hold onto it with a pair of pliers or vise grip so it doesn't rotate along with the screw
- It is a long screw that holds the two halves together, so there is a lot of loctite to break loose

- Best bet is to use a tight fitting roll pin punch in the thru-holes of the flush cup (either 3mm or 7/64")
- Once the roll pin punch is in, you'll have a lot more leverage to loosen it counter-clockwise.

I was having problems with both the front and rear cups. I'd heard they could be a little tough, but they were a lot tougher than I expected!

I got the rear cups removed last night and installed the thumb rest - at that point i declared victory and called it a night. And you're right, there was a lot of loctite on that screw.

I'll tackle the front again today.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: samb300

I knew you would have the best and most detailed answer. Lol

Successfully completed the installation of both the thumb rest and spigot mount. I didn't use heat on the cups at first, but applying heat to the flush cups made all the difference. I borrowed my neighbor's heat gun and hit the cups - didn't take much. AI put a lot of thread locker in there.

Thanks samb300!

Successfully completed the installation of both the thumb rest and spigot mount. I didn't use heat on the cups at first, but applying heat to the flush cups made all the difference. I borrowed my neighbor's heat gun and hit the cups - didn't take much. AI put a lot of thread locker in there.

Thanks samb300!
Great news!

And don't forget to put some blue loctite on the front flush cup threads when you install them (after cleaning off the old stuff).

Thanks,

Sam