• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Installing Badger Knob on SPR Bolt - Please Advise

beb0541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
South Florida
Gents,

I am looking to have a Badger Tactical Bolt Knob installed on my FN SPR bolt handle. I am looking for a quality smith who can do GA, Graduous, Spartan, Surgeon esque work with a quick turn around time? I haven't reached out to the smiths / shops listed above as I am confident they have too much work as is... Any insight would be tremendously appreciated!

Cheers,
Clark

My FN SPR had the badger bolt knob done by tactical coordination in AZ. The work is excellent. That being said, I would consider using a smaller knob like the mini-badger for more room in the trigger guard area.

Yes! The regular Badger leaves little room by the trigger guard. Go smaller for the SPR.

10 - 4. I am going to look for a different knob. Thank you for the all the feedback and suggestions as always.

Cheers,
Clark

I had mine done by Karl Feldkamp of Kampfeld Customs.

Not only is he a helluva guy, but he does an amazing job of bolt knobs, fluting bolts and fluting barrels - and he does it fast Fast FAST!

If you can, I would strongly encourage you find someone that has had there FN/Winchester done first to make sure you will like it. I had one on a FN and because of its location in relation to the trigger, hated it. Had I kept the rifle longer I would have had it turned down and/or shortened.

If you would like pics of my SPR Badger bolt knob regular size send me your e mail address....

I just removed the Badger knob in my FN SPR.

For those of you who had the work done by Tactical Coordination, the knob is screwed on with red loctite. I dipped the knob in boiling water for about 5 minutes, sprayed WD-40 at the thread junction. I stuck the bolt back in the gun for leverage and used a big pair of pliers to grab the bolt. It was a bitch to unscrew and the knob is trashed but I got it off.

I am going to try an APA knob to get more clearance for my trigger finger.