• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Installing Rifle Basix Trigger

Rob.Dizz.89

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2014
Hey all I hope this question hasn't been completely worn out....I am currently buying parts for a savage build and I was wondering how difficult it is to install an aftermarket trigger without going to a gunsmith to have it done. The model is a Rifle Basix Sav-2, and it says it comes with an installation DVD, so I thought maybe it isn't as difficult to install it as I had originally thought. My background in gunsmithing is very limited...I would definitely consider myself a beginner. I've torn down and rebuilt a Ruger 10/22 into a 10/17M2 (including aftermarket trigger), and I've swapped out factory stocks for aftermarket ones a few times on my bolt action rifles but that's really the extent of my experience. Is this project something I can tackle on my own, or should I just leave it to the professionals? I'd really like to do it myself just to gain experience and broaden my gunsmithing knowledge.

I replaced a Accu-Trigger with the RB. It was as easy and straight forward as any other. The printed instructions provifed were enough if you get confused.