• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Insulated winter boots similar to Lowa?

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Looking for recommendations, i love my Lowa GTXs but looking for basically the same thing i can wear sitting still in 30F or less.

How stiff do they need to be? Carry a pack on rocky terrain?
    Have a look at the Solomon X Ultra 8" boots.
    I wear Danner super Rainforest insultated boots in winter but their crazy stiff and heavier than the solomons...that said, they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn and don't require the break in that my Lowas and Asolo leathers did.

How stiff do they need to be? Carry a pack on rocky terrain?
    Have a look at the Solomon X Ultra 8" boots.
    I wear Danner super Rainforest insultated boots in winter but their crazy stiff and heavier than the solomons...that said, they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn and don't require the break in that my Lowas and Asolo leathers did.

This is just for hunting in the delta, no packing in or out, only real weight i'll be carrying is the rifle. Are the salomon's insulated to keep your feet warm whilst sitting still? Been looking at the X ultra winter.

Last edited:
    After looking into salomons i ordered the X ultra winter boots. They had fantastic reviews and for 130$ it was hard to complain about.