• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Intellidropper sale

Ryridesmotox

Hood rat
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2019
I didn't see a black Friday thread, but I was looking around, FA is having a 25% off site wide sale. That includes the intellidropper. And it says free shipping.

I ordered one, $157. Seems like a good enough deal to me. Finally adding something to speed up my process.

Take this with a huge grain of salt...

This is my very first autotruckler type measure. For a decade, I've been throwing light and trickling onto my beam scale... all by hand. Literally the slowest process ever, as everyone here already knows. I got to the point where I started to not like reloading, and I hated doing load workups because I would have to reset the scale to do it and sometimes I'd forget... it was just a clusterfuck (sorta) and I was annoyed with it

So the intellidropper came on sale, as I stated above. Figured, for $157 shipped, I couldn't go wrong. At that price I could sell it if I didnt like it and not lose much, or any. I'm not selling this thing.

I just got it today, got home after lunch with my youngest kid and saw it on the porch, plugged it in, put him down for a nap and started warming it up, leveling, weight checking, and powder calibrating. I use IMR4064, it's not a terrible powder to meter, but the calibration thing makes it nice. I charged up 50 cases in unload workup and it worked great.

I wish I would have bought something like this 9 years ago. When I started. Man it's nice. Truth be told though I would have been ecstatic with just about any of the automatic throws. Its fast enough that it works faster than I do. Its waiting on my affer I seat a bullet and measure the cartridge.

At 160 it's a good deal. It's probably still good at 200. I wish I would have done it sooner, any of them. But I wait and overanylise and end up not getting shit and saying "ah next time there is a sale"

I feel like the bluetooth is a bit gimmicky, I could have done without it. But it's nice if you load different stuff I guess. I'll probably load a profile for 5.56/.223 and 308.

10/10 would buy again

Thanks for the update. I’ve been tossing around getting one. I’m still charging cases the old fashion way too. Sucks! Lol

I mean, sample size of 1... so not sure how everyone else's luck will be. But man, its night and day. I used to be SOOOOO SLOW loading it was just lame. I measure every charge and trickle up, then seat a few thou long and dial in every one for CBTO hopefully accurate down to .0005 inch. Now this thing throws faster than I can seat bullets.

I saw Gavintoob had a few problems with it going back to zero. There are a couple other videos on YouTube showing it running great. A member here made a good video on it too. And for $157 I don’t think you could go wrong.

Mine is -.1 when the cover thing is on. The only thing I can think is that it's the static from a plastic cover. When I take it off, its zeroed out. I just cover it while its sitting there. I have a fairly well sealed up garage that isnt drafty, so I just have the cover off when I'm actually dropping charges. I figure I'll just calibrate it and powder calibrate it every time. 2 minutes of setup everytime or until I trust it working is nothing compared to hours of hand trickling I used to do.

One note... it was pretty accurate. I have a dillon ohaus beam scale and it was showing the load was within .1 gr as advertised on the frankford scale. That's plenty accurate for me. I won't be able to tell the difference anyway

I got one a while back and it floated all over really bad. If I see enough of them going okay I'll get another one I really liked the idea of storing my loads on my phone and such but it wouldn't stop floating so I returned it

My first one I left it powered on all the time. It started throwing on its own. It did it a few times in first couple days. Dropping 250gr on its own. Thankfully the cover and pan was on it. Sent it back and got another. It did drift while setting on bench. I would zero it and it worked great.

Second one has been sitting on bench while plugged in and turned on most of the time. It drifts also when sitting. When I use it it zeros fine and works like a champ. I know another guy his drifts while sitting. I have checked up to 50 drops in a row with second scale it's 99% on the money. On occasion it throws light. I like building loads on phone then saving and sending them. App is handy once you figure it out.

Biggest issue is the go button and power button can get ball powder under them and stop working. Blast it out with compressed air and it's good to go. I asked a buddy with a chargmaster lite to leave his on and see if it drifts.. Guess what it drifted also.

Yea I recalibrate mine before I load and powder calibrate each time. I usually let it powder calibrate while i take brass and load up unloading blocks. I have checked a bunch of throws it's done and are all within its advertised margin of error. I can't complain for 160ish bux.

@x_789 , when you use the app, which button starts it's to trickler? For whatever reason I'm being a ln idoot and cant figure out which starts it. Impressed tricklenonce and it started going but it went at the normal trickle rate, not the rate where it is throwing a charge. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

@Ryridesmotox if you type in what load you want, Example 22.4 then hit load it will run at full speed acording to the last powder calibration. I only run powder cal when I change powders. I know first time I put a new powder in it would run out between 250-300gr. After I change powders and go back to one its calibrated before. It seems to learn it faster in about 100-125gr. I think it probably has a memory of last 5 or 10 powders and when it sees a similar drop. It will not run the calibration as long. That is just a guess but has been true on my machine.

Using the app to send a single load isn't very useful imo. It really adds benefit when you build loads and then you have them in your database and recall them and send them strait to the scale. You can use it to track lots of items on a specific cartridge combination. If you are doing ladder testing you can build the base load then just keep changing your power charge and saving it. It can be useful if you play with. If you are just sending a single charge to the scale the app isn't really worth it. Faster to just use the keypad imo.

a.jpg
b.jpg

Last edited:
I cleared the app memory and started again, it worked, thanks. Now it makes more sense lol

As far as using the app to do loads, I'll probably store a load for a certain bullet then just save it. Then when I start my 223 workup for my new barrel, I'll save that. I'm a simple man... I like to just find something that works and roll on

Considering one of these so I'm wondering what everyone's experience has been after some use.

Mine is still going strong. For the price, I am totally satisfied. I still want an Autotrickler V3 though... but then again, who doesn't.

I leave mine shut off on the bench. After I turn it on ill calibrate and powder calibrate every time. I never get overs, sometimes will get an under charge, which is fine, ill just hit the trickle button and then verify that load on my beam.