• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interacting with the homeless

I can't remember who the 'wise one' was whom originally stated this proverb:

"Give a bum a fish, and the bum will eat for a day.
Teach the bum to fish, and he'll eat for the rest of his life.
Light a fire for a bum and he'll be warm for an evening.
Light a bum on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Wise words, those. If they aren't carved into granite somewhere, they SHOULD be.

Okay , then explain what can be done or did I misundertand your post about something being done?
That, DY, is a thorny question. I'd like to say something like the CCW of the 30's but I think the problem beyond that kind of fix.

I fear the only solution will present shortly, itself and it will be unpleasant for all.

Fuck the homeless, a fucking bum is interrupting my meal at Panda Express this very minute. I'm in favor of Ukrainian style drones bombing hobos until they are gone. Enough of them already. If we managed to rehab all of them they will still contribute almost nothing to the nation as a whole.

Fucking hobo scum have infested our city, with the "vote by mail" fraud running full speed around here, the fucking commies are winning ever election. If they are losing, suddenly we have a "white powder" scare, flood, leak or bomb threat and when they resume counting a few days later the vote is reversed and they are winning. The moderate mayor of the nearby big city was a 60% favorite and lost the fucking election after the white powder scare, it took two weeks for results and by then, nobody fucking cared anymore.

Driving thru downtown looks like some post holocaust movie, far worse than any version of Mad Max. People shitting in the streets, banging on cars at every light and begging for your food when you sit down to eat. If they would all die tomorrow, I'd fucking smile.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jmp1 and Milf Dots
Skunk piss cover scent.
Bomb from drone, test their will to camp there.

R
Nowadays they would be looking for where the strong weed smell was coming from.

Could have been worse, at least it was a girl and a guy. Imagine flying the drone and capturing two dudes railing away......some things can't be unseen.

Fixed to reflect the actual history of dry counties…
Beg to differ in my towns history. There USED to be a couple of bootleggers around , few doubled as bookies. No more. There IS a church on about every block , most will vote against going wet in the town / county Everytime it’s voted on.
Same folks that pay others to fetch their booze , or the ones you see at a liquor store that won’t make eye contact …they go invisible they think !

🍻 🍺 🍹 🥃 👍 🇺🇸

Reactions: roostercogburn98
The issue around my area is they shit and piss in front of local businesses. They scavenge food or junk then leave all of their trash wherever they decide to sort said items. Then there are the ones that are so fucked up that they walk in traffic lanes, or jump off the curb fighting imaginary people. Oh and they all have cell phones. Saturday morning one had all of his shit spread out on the sidewalk and he was taking pictures of it. I don't know if it was for inventory or maybe he has an IG account.

Either way if they were just people down on their luck it would be a different scenario. Most are drug addicts. They ruin parks kids used to play at. Businesses all lock their restrooms because they got tired of finding a crackhead passed out or OD'd on the floor. In the neighborhood people constantly find them passed out in their bushes, or jerking off in the middle of the day in front of their houses for all to see. Yes that does happen. Most of the areas they used to camp at have been closed down and are now biohazard sites. Near the courthouse and downtown government areas of Orange County they closed off an rea to clean it up. They did soil tests and found the ground was now toxic from all of the human waste and drug crap. It used to be a park. Now its contaminated soil.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. All of the businesses have no loitering signs. The cops will rarely ticket them because they see it as a waste of time. The more affluent cities just push them out of the city limits to areas more "open" to them. It's a joke.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Beg to differ in my towns history. There USED to be a couple of bootleggers around , few doubled as bookies. No more. There IS a church on about every block , most will vote against going wet in the town / county Everytime it’s voted on.
Same folks that pay others to fetch their booze , or the ones you see at a liquor store that won’t make eye contact …they go invisible they think !

🍻 🍺 🍹 🥃 👍 🇺🇸

Reminds me of the old joke.

What’s the difference between a Catholic and a Baptist?

The Catholic will talk to you in the liquor store.

Reactions: Sandhog308
The democrats passed and President JFK signed the CMHA of 1963 that deinstitutionalized the mentally ill into our communities. Democrats ruin everything they touch- often intentionally.

The democrats passed and President JFK signed the CMHA of 1963 that deinstitutionalized the mentally ill into our communities. Democrats ruin everything they touch- often intentionally.

Mental illness is just one factor in this multifaceted problem. You can’t cure mental illness. You can’t force treatment until they pose a danger to themselves or others. You can’t stop them from using drugs either. And drugs cause the mental illness. You’d think that Fentanyl, the super dangerous drug that can kill people with amounts as small as a grain of sand, would have wiped out the homeless. But no. The homeless have developed a tolerance to it and it’s no big deal.

This is not going away. It’s getting worse every minute.

Elect them to public office??

Yes. Homeless camps have government. There should be formal elections, law enforcement, and avenues for dispute resolution. And there should be a commission regulating intercamp commerce.

Yes. Homeless camps have government. There should be formal elections, law enforcement, and avenues for dispute resolution. And there should be a commission regulating intercamp commerce.
An intercamp commerce commission would set the stage for massive over-reach by the homeless camp federal government.

Yeah those altruistic homeless are a different breed

Further updates show that the man this guy hit and partially severed was homeless. Does that count as interacting with the homeless?

The driver, who was blindly drunk told officers, when they woke him up, that he thought he hit a deer. He hit the guy next to I-30 in Dallas and drove 40 miles to White Settlement, pulled into a Jack in the Box parking lot and then passed out over the steering wheel.

Later, police would back track and found the rest of the homeless guy in the grass on the embankment.

If the driver thought he hit a deer, then maybe it is not encountering the homeless.

Further updates show that the man this guy hit and partially severed was homeless. Does that count as interacting with the homeless?

The driver, who was blindly drunk told officers, when they woke him up, that he thought he hit a deer. He hit the guy next to I-30 in Dallas and drove 40 miles to White Settlement, pulled into a Jack in the Box parking lot and then passed out over the steering wheel.

Later, police would back track and found the rest of the homeless guy in the grass on the embankment.

If the driver thought he hit a deer, then maybe it is not encountering the homeless.

This was a kinetic interaction, something we should avoid. I support positive manipulation through reverse psychology.

That's a Two-fer, getting a drunk driver AND a homeless guy off the streets.

Reactions: Im2bent
Was thinking closer to letting my Tacoma bumper ease them on their way 🥴
I live in a dry county , didn’t want to waste any beer.
Even Polk County went wet!! I figured they would be the last holdout