• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes interm scope

cowboy25actual

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2009
i broke my millet scope,,6x25x56,,was wanting to get another scope, to hold me till i can shell big bucks for nice glass,,,im thinking of two,,super sniper fixed 10x with side focus or the millet lrs-1,,my scopes work,, i have no hangar queens ,,they work out here on farm,,i like to have low light ability because i hog hunt alot,,i have a millet rail and burris xtereme rings on a savage 300 wsm ,m,,what do you guys think,,,,thanks

Re: interm scope

Why not send the Millet in for repair if it's still under warranty saving for better glass in the mean time.

ok sir this is a man forum,here ,,your to say stuff like yeah buy both ,,,lololol,,i know ,i m just playing,,i got huge hog on my back food plot,,and my scopes out,,i will send it in like you say,,but which of the two scopes would you choose if you had to have one,,thanks!!!,there is my open sight 50.cal blackpowder,with 300grn horandy bulletts,,may i should go down there and try with it lol

Get the super sniper, and don't bother spending the extra dough on the side focus. The only common ailment I've seen with SS's have had to do with the side focus. The rear focus works great, and hell $100 can buy you a box of good ammo these days (or a pound of powder, or 1K primers)........

+1 on the 10x SS without side adjust. Really tough scope. The only potential downside is the minimum 10x setting, you said hog so I do not know how fast you have to come on target. Then again fixed 10 vs. 6-24 I bet would be reasonably close FOV wise. From a Tough as nails point of thought, SS all the way.

Gary

Not to kick dirt at the Super Sniper, but IMHO the Bushnell Elite 3200 10X Mil Dot is at least on par if not better for less money. Out of the two you listed though, I'd go with the LRS-1. You can get it with Mil/Mil adjustments with a ton of internal elevation (140+ MOA). The mil-dotbar reticle seems better suited for long range shooting than a standard mil dot. Should you choose to use it for holdovers, there are more available on the mil-dotbar. IIRC, Bushnell was handling warranty work on the SS Scopes. Bushnell owns Millett now as well, so customer support between the two scopes is likely to be similar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy25actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok <span style="text-decoration: line-through"> sir</span> <span style="color: #FF6666">ASSHAT </span> this is a man forum,here ,,your to say stuff like yeah buy both ,,,lololol,,i know ,i m just playing,,i got huge hog on my back food plot,,and my scopes out,,i will send it in like you say,,but which of the two scopes would you choose if you had to have one,,thanks!!!,there is my open sight 50.cal blackpowder,with 300grn horandy bulletts,,may i should go down there and try with it lol </div></div> fixed.

Get both ya penny pincher........

Upon further review I've kinda changed my thinking a little I just picked up a Falcon Menace 4-14 FFP and LOVE it was 405 to my door bought it from RW Snyder a member here,
That way when you "upgrade" to the high dollar scope your a step ahead with the Mil/Mil FFP mil-dot stuff, and you should get the 5-25 when it comes out and remember your Ol buddy six's advice and out of the kindness of your heart send me the 5-25 when you upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FMJBT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to kick dirt at the Super Sniper, but IMHO the Bushnell Elite 3200 10X Mil Dot is at least on par if not better for less money. </div></div>
I pick the SS over the Bushie because of the Bushie's lack of parallax adjustment (I've had a few of each). If you get a SS, it will make a great rimfire trainer scope when you graduate to better glass on your centerfire.

Nothing wrong with the 3200 10XMD, I watched RKSimple shoot a respectable match with one at TPRC09-after his S&B (IIRC) went tits up.

thanks for everyones input,,i ordered the ss,scope,kill flash and sun shade,,ill send my millett off,,,any one know where to send it now,, i bought it last year,,im going to work on my shooting and scope knowledge, and save for bigger glass later down the road,,i was thinking of getting another savage down the road in 308 and putting a ss on it,, and high end glass on my 300wsm savage,,,