• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing Desert Tactical Arms HTI

Re: Introducing Desert Tactical Arms HTI

We are taking orders for the monopods now, call Ethan and he will get you pricing. I don't have any monopod photos or videos handy, we will try to take some.

good talking to you guys the other day, hopefully i can set something up so you guys can come and show our higher ups they really need to change their way of thinking. i think your HTI would be perfect instead of a mcmillan 50 and a 408 cheytec, just get one gun that shoots BOTH.

Do we get to see finished product before shot show?
whistle.gif

Damn Thats awesome !!!

Alright already. I know some of you guys are out at the SHOT Show and have laptops in your hotel rooms. What's the announced price on these bigguns?

Oh, and this thing is Bad ASS. I was expecting it to be much larger than the SRS, but it is only a bit bigger. I have to say this has to be one of the best designed things I have seen, it has broken all the molds of any other rifles I am familiar with. The trigger is incredible, not your standard bull-pup trigger at all. The take-down and barrel change is so easy a gorgeous petite pregnant lady can do it
wink.gif
. The question isn't IF you need one of these, it is How do you get yours...

Dave

Did they give a estimate on when they are going to start cranking them out or if samples will go out to anyone?

My Windrunner just came in a few days ago but DTA had to put this thing out there. I'm very interested in a side by side comparison. Depending on how comfortable DTAs offering is to shoot the Windrunner might be going up for sale.
confused.gif

No pics of the HTI all put together from the SHOT Show?

Anyone get a price on the monopod yet? Do you have to send your rifle back or is it DIY?

What's the story with the shorty?

P1000017.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the story with the shorty?

P1000017.jpg
</div></div>

God Damn is that Later
smile.gif

20" .338 LM SRS with SF Brake and can.

Is that technically the "covert" then?

That is actually a 16' .308 which is the "covert".

P123--NOPE that is not me lol.

cira--the chassis would need to be sent back to the shop in order for retrofit due to buttpad connection is changed and monopod is drilled into receiver itself.

Thanks

lol... post pic's of the .50 dam it.

How do we get ahold of Ethan to make a purchase of a DTA rifle?

I was behind one of the HTI's at SHOT on Wednesday dry firing it and have to say it was incredibly comfortable in terms of cheek weld, grip, and overall feel. Looking forward to shooting one soon I hope.

I wish I had never seen this thread!!!

Thank God they dont make lefties

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was behind one of the HTI's at SHOT on Wednesday dry firing it and have to say it was incredibly comfortable in terms of cheek weld, grip, and overall feel. Looking forward to shooting one soon I hope. </div></div>

ME TOO!!!...WOW,what a rifle!

Steve

When will we start seeing range reports and reviews on this one? I know the thing is gonna shoot but I'm curious about the muzzle blast and recoil with the .50 conversion at just 20 lbs.

You have no idea how interested I am in seeing a head to head comparison with a Windrunner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was behind one of the HTI's at SHOT on Wednesday dry firing it and have to say it was incredibly comfortable in terms of cheek weld, grip, and overall feel. Looking forward to shooting one soon I hope. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>
Steve, sorry I missed you. LC told me you were by. You need to take a long hard look at one of those puppies. Lefties shoot it as well.

Our first accuracy test at 500 meters gave us 2"-3" groups with the HTI. The recoil is very managqble but the blast is pretty harsh. We are going to change the break to reduce overpressure on the shooter.

Thanks for the pics of the completed rifle. I will be watching with interest for updates on this one. My SRS may need a big brother.
smile.gif

That is the baddest gun I have seen on SN! WOW

Pricing is up on their site as a pdf. It has all their models.

If these can keep accuracy like that out to 1000m+ in 408 or 375 I will be very interested.

OK looks like I am going to have to sell my car for one of these and walk to the range, anyone want to buy a piece of shit Nissan for about 10,000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was behind one of the HTI's at SHOT on Wednesday dry firing it and have to say it was incredibly comfortable in terms of cheek weld, grip, and overall feel. Looking forward to shooting one soon I hope. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>
Steve, sorry I missed you. LC told me you were by. You need to take a long hard look at one of those puppies. Lefties shoot it as well. </div></div>

I'm surprised we didn't run into each other as much as I walked around that place.

Are you getting one Russ? Can you cosign a lone for me ?
wink.gif
,LOL.

I'd definitely sell the Lawton to get one of those!

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was behind one of the HTI's at SHOT on Wednesday dry firing it and have to say it was incredibly comfortable in terms of cheek weld, grip, and overall feel. Looking forward to shooting one soon I hope. </div></div>

Steve </div></div>
Steve, sorry I missed you. LC told me you were by. You need to take a long hard look at one of those puppies. Lefties shoot it as well. </div></div>

I'm surprised we didn't run into each other as much as I walked around that place.

Are you getting one Russ? Can you cosign a lone for me ?
wink.gif
,LOL.

I'd definitely sell the Lawton to get one of those!

Steve

</div></div>

Sooner than later, haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the story with the shorty?

P1000017.jpg
</div></div>

God Damn is that Later
smile.gif
</div></div>

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEP. He hasn't had much work lately so he decided to work on his winter coat and beer figure a bit....

I'm sure he was really hoping I didn't catch this thread so he wouldn't have to wade through my smart ass comments...

See I'm the smart one though. I waited until he had a bum leg to bust his balls...
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was behind one of the HTI's at SHOT on Wednesday dry firing it and have to say it was incredibly comfortable in terms of cheek weld, grip, and overall feel. Looking forward to shooting one soon I hope. </div></div>

Having not had the opportunity to shoot the HTI but being a true believer of the DTA SRS I will absolutely tell you it is considerably more forgiving and comfortable than you would expect. It truly doesn't take long to get used to the shortened bolt throw and smaller package. Its a dream to shoot and as far as on camera goes its is a MONSTER... You can't take this thing out of the case and not draw a crowd, then when you start swapping barrels and bolts people about shit themselves.

We were filming about a month ago and this guy was busting my guys balls about it not looking like a well built weapon and why would anyone drop that amount of $ on a .308 when we stopped and swapped out to the .338LM. The guy just stood there and couldn't think of a thing to say when my guy turned around and said "You Right that's why we sprung for the .338LM Package"!

NO SHIT, On Camera everyone started laughing at the guy and he put his head down and walked away like a beat puppy.

I will be the absolute 1st person to admit that when we 1st got our's there was a little bit of comedic banter in the office but that all ceased the 1st time I got behind the trigger.

Keep in mind people that being in the TV business and especially in this market we have had to opportunity to shoot pretty much everything under the sun. The staff at DTA didn't talk their product up and tout that it was the greatest thing since the stripper pole they just politely thanked us for giving them the opportunity to have it on film and let the weapon speak for itself. This weapon is the real deal people.

I cant wait to play with the HTI as I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE large Caliber Junky just like Later and can tell you this, if its half the weapon the SRS is my staff will be hard pressed to pry it out of my hands come range day...

DTA for LIFE!!!

Well I rarely admit defeat but in this case it's all good. I had a going bet with Later that the Saints would win by 10 and He Bet they would win by 13 and as is evident he was the closest. I now have to let him take one of my cameras to a not so forgiving live fire exercise over in the Sand Box. Whats worse is that if I had won I would have been the one pulling the trigger for the 1st time on his "Diplomat" build...

SO here is the Dilemma, Does anyone have a REALLY good insurance company that will insure commercial camera equipment for IMPENDING DESTRUCTION on FOREIGN SOIL???

AJ,

Just so everything is clear and nobody has wrong assumption lol..I am not going to combat zone. It is merely a few International live fire demos so your camera should be ok. How far has it been dropped to "check" shock
smile.gif

O yea..I dont want the big monster video camera either!! I want the mini cam that attaches to my shooting glasses and records to the DVR in backpack.

Thanks