• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing the AI Obsession Chassis

Finally more clear buttstock pics. Does it save weight over the heavy ass ax
I’ll check into the weight. This version uses the AI factory hinge, so anyone with a folding AT or AX can simply debond the backend and swap it with the Vision backend. The plan would be to offer a full replacement with a Vision hinge if there is demand for it.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I’ll check into the weight. This version uses the AI factory hinge, so anyone with a folding AT or AX can simply debond the backend and swap it with the Vision backend. The plan would be to offer a full replacement with a Vision hinge if there is demand for it.
the AX buttstock imho is needlessly heavy..and apparently AI agreed too if you look at the AT-X buttstock

Reactions: RS14
Realistic timeline on availability and approx cost? Checked the website. No info I could find as of yet. Thanks.

With an AIAT you have to replace the hinge if you want the right hand folder? Too bad ya can’t flip the AT hinge…. No biggie anyway, nothing else is close to the Vision/AO, nothing!

For those of you into Butt…stock pics

E21DA1B8-3C2E-4050-A284-D09877C07FC6.jpeg

Realistic timeline on availability and approx cost? Checked the website. No info I could find as of yet. Thanks.
Not sure, still in the testing phase of machined prototypes, I’ll definitely let everyone know when the production batch is inbound to the US.

Reactions: Familydude
With an AIAT you have to replace the hinge if you want the right hand folder? Too bad ya can’t flip the AT hinge…. No biggie anyway, nothing else is close to the Vision/AO, nothing!
Yes. My thought (could be wrong) is that there will be enough people with ATs wanting to upgrade the buttstock without needing to have it fold over the bolt. Reusing the existing AT folding hinge is the most economical option, still gives the amazing Vision design and features, and stays folding to the weak side like the base folding AT does.

Those with an AT wanting to have the Vision stock fold over the bolt would either need to source a factory AI hinge that folds to the other direction (which may be damn near impossible for RH shooters), or wait for the full Vision assembly that includes a replacement hinge. As you mentioned, unfortunately the last Gen AT and AX hinge isn’t reversible, that’s something they revised for the AXSR hinge which can be flipped.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
@samb300 I know you mentioned there won't be any further AT-X support but I'd happily buy a stock for it.
Anything is possible with enough customer demand. However I’d need an atx chassis in hand to design the mating interface. An even greater consideration is I wouldn’t want to run the risk of spending significant time and money to make a Vision buttstock for the atx only to have AI ship out a ton of folding hinges and ASR back ends in the meantime and have potential customers move on to that option.

Yes. My thought (could be wrong) is that there will be enough people with ATs wanting to upgrade the buttstock without needing to have it fold over the bolt. Reusing the existing AT folding hinge is the most economical option, still gives the amazing Vision design and features, and stays folding to the weak side like the base folding AT does.

Those with an AT wanting to have the Vision stock fold over the bolt would either need to source a factory AI hinge that folds to the other direction (which may be damn near impossible for RH shooters), or wait for the full Vision assembly that includes a replacement hinge. As you mentioned, unfortunately the last Gen AT and AX hinge isn’t reversible, that’s something they revised for the AXSR hinge which can be flipped.
Hinge direction is not a problem for me, so if I carried it folded it would likely be in a pack of some sort. Complete assembly is the grail…

It looks like there are two versions of Christian’s/ Vision/ RPS… bipod. The bipod linked to the Aussie website is narrower.

The bipod on Framnsen’s AIAO looks like a “C” or chassis version to cater for wider chassis forends Inc weights to balance that heavy arse AX butt.

Query Sam; if I have a fixed AX308 will the new Vision Buttstock bolt/ (epoxy?) straight up or do you require either an AI hinge or a Vision hinge for the install?
Thx.

Reactions: M77
It looks like there are two versions of Christian’s/ Vision/ RPS… bipod. The bipod linked to the Aussie website is narrower.

The bipod on Framnsen’s AIAO looks like a “C” or chassis version to cater for wider chassis forends Inc weights to balance that heavy arse AX butt.

Query Sam; if I have a fixed AX308 will the new Vision Buttstock bolt/ (epoxy?) straight up or do you require either an AI hinge or a Vision hinge for the install?
Thx.
You are exactly right, there are two versions and the “C” model is what you’d want for a chassis forend.

From what I can remember, the fixed AX buttstock has the same buttstock frame as the folding AX frame, but it has an adapter piece that connects the frame to the chassis. If that’s the case, the Vision buttstock should work as it is if you don’t need it to fold.

Would you mind taking a couple pictures of the buttstock and grip area so I can confirm this?

If you want a folding hinge, yes you’d either have to source a factory AI hinge, or wait for the full Vision buttstock assembly.

Reactions: Anzac and RS14
Yup, that will work just fine. You’d debond the buttstock where the red line is, the interface would be the same as if it was a folding hinge.

FDC8460A-878C-4044-A652-D28D42095148.jpeg

Reactions: Anzac
@samb300

I think GCP did a pretty good job matching the new panels to the original rifle. Loving the grip set up only took me trying every other grio made. Also disregard the thumb rest I'm just playing around with a few positions but honestly thinking about leaving it off.
View attachment 7861435

That wood grip tho.....🔥🔥🔥🔥

@samb300

I think GCP did a pretty good job matching the new panels to the original rifle. Loving the grip set up only took me trying every other grio made. Also disregard the thumb rest I'm just playing around with a few positions but honestly thinking about leaving it off.
View attachment 7861435
Great looking rifle.

Reactions: texag0842
Well. She's in route back to NC but Rick at GCP snapped some pics before sending it out. All I can say is wow. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. That barrel is a 28" .223 barrel. Once it gets here, the TT goes on top and a Rifles Refined grip goes on bottom.

IMG957419.jpg
IMG957418.jpg
IMG957417.jpg
20220502_210217.jpg
20220502_210227.jpg

I'll post photos with everything assembled once it happens.

Well. She's in route back to NC but Rick at GCP snapped some pics before sending it out. All I can say is wow. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. That barrel is a 28" .223 barrel. Once it gets here, the TT goes on top and a Rifles Refined grip goes on bottom.

View attachment 7861569View attachment 7861570View attachment 7861571View attachment 7861572View attachment 7861573

I'll post photos with everything assembled once it happens.

Wheres the gooooolllllllddd?

Finally more clear buttstock pics. Does it save weight over the heavy ass ax
Factory AX buttstock = 33.9 oz
Vision AI buttstock = 31.4 oz
Savings = 2.5 oz

Please note, this is the weight without the AI hinge. Also, the Vision buttstock includes an adjustable bag rider, so if you're adding a bag rider to an AX buttstock it'll weigh even more.

Sam

@samb300 , I don’t suppose you and the vision team are planning a chassis upgrade for the AXMC ?
Unfortunately, no. It's a question that's been asked infrequently, and the real answer is there's not enough of a market to justify the significant time and cost it would take to make an AXMC chassis. Of course anything can be done with enough financial motivation, but I don't think anyone really wants to pay what it would take to make a limited run of them.

Reactions: Thorbeast
Unfortunately, no. It's a question that's been asked infrequently, and the real answer is there's not enough of a market to justify the significant time and cost it would take to make an AXMC chassis. Of course anything can be done with enough financial motivation, but I don't think anyone really wants to pay what it would take to make a limited run of them.
Understood. Thanks @samb300

Reactions: samb300
Do you by any chance know when the full chassis - including buttstock - will be available for purchase in the US?

Do you by any chance know when the full chassis - including buttstock - will be available for purchase in the US?
The chassis is available now, and Rick from GCP is currently in Norway shooting a match and is supposed to be bringing the updated grip panels back with him. As for the buttstock, the design is being finalized and tested, @BLKWLFK9 has one here, so the production version should be ready soon. My guess is a month or two for the buttstocks to make it stateside.

Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
I’ll drop mine off at your place and you can use it for measurements ;)

The chassis is available now, and Rick from GCP is currently in Norway shooting a match and is supposed to be bringing the updated grip panels back with him. As for the buttstock, the design is being finalized and tested, @BLKWLFK9 has one here, so the production version should be ready soon. My guess is a month or two for the buttstocks to make it stateside.
That’s the thing I love about you guys, you tend to under state and over perform… I remember asking about the butt stock and the response was probably not for quite a while and boom 💥 here it is! That question wasn’t that long ago. Thank you, gentlemen!