• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing the AI Obsession Chassis

@BLKWLFK9 , is it together yet?!? Miss the podcast btw.

Curious about the weight with @samb300’s chassis, a carbon barrel and also your 223 conversion. AI still doesn’t have their 223 kit out from what I understand.
Yea homey. I posted pics a couple places. Here's one of the whole rifle

DSC00637.JPG

Got the Baker Wings in today and on the rifle. These fuckers are sweet. I put the short NV bridge on for the first time to see how it looked. Ive been looking at the full rail so much, it looks naked now.

20220608_200141.jpg
20220608_202206.jpg

@BLKWLFK9 , that thing looks swwweeeeeet man, thanks for the pics. How’s it balance with the short bridge and a carbon barrel? Could you get it below 16 lbs with that and a lighter optic you think?

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
@BLKWLFK9 , that thing looks swwweeeeeet man, thanks for the pics. How’s it balance with the short bridge and a carbon barrel? Could you get it below 16 lbs with that and a lighter optic you think?

No idea. I dont have a carbon barrel. But @Covertnoob5 had his down below 16lbs for NRL Hunter. As you see it in the pic with that 28" proof comp barrel and full internal weight kit, it weighed 24.8 lbs. I removed the weights and its down to 22lbs where it will stay. 25lb is just too damn heavy. 20-22lb is my ideal weight.

Reactions: verdugo60
No idea. I dont have a carbon barrel. But @Covertnoob5 had his down below 16lbs for NRL Hunter. As you see it in the pic with that 28" proof comp barrel and full internal weight kit, it weighed 24.8 lbs. I removed the weights and its down to 22lbs where it will stay. 25lb is just too damn heavy. 20-22lb is my ideal weight.
I'm suprised @Covertnoob5 got under 16. No matter what combo I try I'm 17 lbs

Yea, i have no plans of shooting an NRL Hunter match, although it looks super fun. If i did, i would shoot my Tikka in 25CM with my Minox zp5. I know i can get that one well below 16 in its current configuration.

Reactions: RS14
16" ss Bart 2.7lbs, Harris, 520sb in a spuhr. Obviously not the lightest mount or scope
That’s weird cause I’ve got a 24” CF proof and a double pull with a ZCO 527 and I’m under. You got a pic of the setup? Are you using the stock grip panels etc?

Reactions: RS14
You're looking at:
Chassis 8lbs 13oz
NX8 2lbs 6oz
Barrel 3lbs
Ckypod is 2lbs
Suppressor is 12oz

17lbs with a Ckypod. You could maybe sneak it under 15lbs with an Atlas Cal, 20" Sendero, muzzle brake.
Double pull lightweight Ckyepod might do the trick, I used it at the Leupold NRL and between that and the Hawkins lightweight tactical rings my NRL rig was 10.3 lbs instead of 12.3 lbs with a standard triple pull and ARC rings.

That’s weird cause I’ve got a 24” CF proof and a double pull with a ZCO 527 and I’m under. You got a pic of the setup? Are you using the stock grip panels etc?

Not right now it's ripped back apart for finishing the cerakote but it looked like this without the full bridge tho...I should have it back together next week and will reweigh it with everything...... But without the Harris @reubenski 🤣
20220513_135337.jpg

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Not right now it's ripped back apart for finishing the cerakote but it looked like this without the full bridge tho...I should have it back together next week and will reweigh it with everything...... But without the Harris @reubenski 🤣
View attachment 7888429
Damn sweet looking rig. You should be able to get that under 16. Obviously no bridge, no bag rider, I also use Sam’s cheek piece so that might save a couple ounces.

Last edited:
Goddamn Im torn. I have an AX308 here, an AO forend and grip conversion ordered, and also have an ATAICS that I could swap the buttstocks on if I wanted to.

I keep jumping back and forwards between the AX buttstock and the thumbhole, its doing my head in.

If I do swap ill be left with an ATLE-AICS - which might be cool in itself. I dunno 🤷‍♂️

@samb300 or anyone that knows, if I bought a fixed (non-folding) AI-AT with plans to do an AO chassis could it be converted to a folder with the AO buttstock that’s coming?

@samb300 or anyone that knows, if I bought a fixed (non-folding) AI-AT with plans to do an AO chassis could it be converted to a folder with the AO buttstock that’s coming?
Eventually the Vision AI buttstock will be offered as a full kit which includes a Vision hinge. But right now the version that has been made (and tested by @BLKWLFK9 ) swaps the Vision buttstock onto the AI hinge. It will be a more economical option for those that already have an AT folder or AX buttstock.

The only downside of swapping the Vision buttstock onto an AT hinge is it will still fold to the non-bolt side. Unfortunately the AI hinge from the AT/AX generation isn’t ambidextrous. The Vision hinge is symmetrical top to bottom so it can fold whichever direction you prefer.

@samb300, right on thanks for the info brother.

Any idea when the stock and/or ambi hinge might be available?

Just trying to decide on buying a fixed AT that I could possibly upgrade to a folder down the road. Been wanting an AI in your chassis for a long time!

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Realized I failed to post my completed rifles in this thread.

Been crazy busy so have only made it to the range with the black one. Stellar. I’ll get the Sage one out in the next couple weeks.

3A782DBC-6DB4-48AC-984C-FF143BE28B87.jpeg

157C2A09-3D67-433E-B635-33CC519533BF.jpeg

5B086468-D51F-4958-92CD-5E98AD0A54A8.jpeg

Attachments

• 3597690A-27BF-4B38-A97C-7C7FC58454BC.jpeg
    3597690A-27BF-4B38-A97C-7C7FC58454BC.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 9EBFA7B6-38ED-42E1-AB1D-808330B3716B.jpeg
    9EBFA7B6-38ED-42E1-AB1D-808330B3716B.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2724C66B-27AC-4DAE-888C-50071A4EE70C.jpeg
    2724C66B-27AC-4DAE-888C-50071A4EE70C.jpeg
    548.4 KB · Views: 69
Anyone happen to know where I can snag an AI folding mechanism to convert a fixed AT to this chassis and the AO/Vision butt-stock? AI has the AX buttstock kit but I’d rather do the AO one.

Is this a standard double pull or the lightweight? How’s she balance?

I’m considering this exact setup and hoping to swing the NV hood and stay under 16 for Hunter matches.
That’s the standard and if you look close there’s a gen 3 little B muzzle device on the scale. Balance is absolutely ridiculous. Super ass heavy. No way to get it to balance properly cause the AX rear is so heavy. I’ve got more dedicated NRLH rigs in an XLR mg and manner LRH. This was just a fun project more out of curiosity than anything.

Reactions: RS14 and verdugo60
Anyone happen to know where I can snag an AI folding mechanism to convert a fixed AT to this chassis and the AO/Vision butt-stock? AI has the AX buttstock kit but I’d rather do the AO one.
It’ll be damn near impossible to only get a hinge. You’d have to buy a folding buttstock from an AT (and from a LH AT if you want the hinge to fold to the right).

Christian has a full AI folding buttstock in work, with a Vision hinge, but I don’t know what a realistic timeline is.

That’s the standard and if you look close there’s a gen 3 little B muzzle device on the scale. Balance is absolutely ridiculous. Super ass heavy. No way to get it to balance properly cause the AX rear is so heavy. I’ve got more dedicated NRLH rigs in an XLR mg and manner LRH. This was just a fun project more out of curiosity than anything.
That’s what I was worried about. I’ll probably just plan to run a different gun for those, my setup now is in Open light.

After upgrading to a Vision chassis on an AX308, is there any value on the resale market for the factory parts? I can’t find any classified listings of the chassis body

After upgrading to a Vision chassis on an AX308, is there any value on the resale market for the factory parts? I can’t find any classified listings of the chassis body
You looking for one?

How many people are NOT going the bonding route in the Vision, and if not does the height change due to removal of the washes cause any concerns?
Appreciated
Pete

I didnt bond my AO, but bedded it with the washers and release agent, like youd bed any action in a stock normally.
Thanks Hennig, you did this to maintain the exact distance in dimensions, or you wanted to ensure the max surface contact, or both?
Appreciated
Pete

How many people are NOT going the bonding route in the Vision, and if not does the height change due to removal of the washes cause any concerns?
Appreciated
Pete
Regardless of whether or not you bond it, the brass washers are needed. They define the height of the action relative to the magazine. If you don’t use the washers the magazine will sit 0.030” too high relative to the bolt face.

I tell people if they think they don’t want to bond it, it’s free to try first. Assemble it and torque everything down, and go shoot it. But don’t forget to bang it around a bit and give the barrel some impacts to see if your zero shifts. I tested mine unbonded, and shot one of the best groups of my life at 100, but when I hit the barrel with a mallet it didn’t hold zero.