• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing the Defiance XM Plus

Defiance Machine

Custom Action Manufacturer
Minuteman
Years ago we introduced our popular Defiance XM custom action length to the precision rifle market. While it has been extremely popular, over time other entrants joined in bringing similar lengths, but on a slightly different pattern than our current XM offering. While there continues to be many options in stocks, chassis, and direct bottom metals (DBM) for our XM, at Defiance Machine we pride ourselves on always trying to offer our customers as many options as possible. Thus, we introduce to you our new Defiance XM Plus.

The new Defiance XM Plus was designed to give our customers accessibility to even more chassis, stocks, bottom metals, and magazines. AND, it now gives you the ability to have one action, one inlet, with three different bottom metals and magazine options. This includes the popular Hawkins Precision offerings, such as their M5 Oberndorf, M5 DBM with MDT XM magazines, and M5 DBM with flush fit magazines. The new Defiance XM Plus is currently available in the anTi-X, Ruckus, Deviant, and Rebel custom rifle actions, and they will be available on our other actions in the near future.

To check out the video, please head over to our Facebook or Instagram page!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jigstick and Wyfox
Sure wish I could but I don’t do social media and I don’t have accounts. Sounds good though

Reactions: ShtrRdy
So is this a new medium action? Maybe post pics, not a link to Facebook. Your Defiance for fucks sake. Is it a short action with a longer port but same bolt spacing? How does it give better access to chassis?
ETA- not trying to be confrontational. I am genuinely interested as I would like to build a 284 win repeater in the near future. Your XM is what I plan to use. Just want to know how this is better.

Last edited:
So is this a new medium action? Maybe post pics, not a link to Facebook. Your Defiance for fucks sake. Is it a short action with a longer port but same bolt spacing? How does it give better access to chassis?
ETA- not trying to be confrontational. I am genuinely interested as I would like to build a 284 win repeater in the near future. Your XM is what I plan to use. Just want to know how this is better.

We posted a link to our Social Media channels, as it was a quickly done video that was not what we would call production worthy for our Youtube channel. Subsequently, there is no link to use to embed the video here. It's the holiday season, and we thought it better to get the information out quickly for customers now that it is available, so we could spend more time working on the floor and production, and not waste that time bringing in a camera crew to do a high quality production video for relatively basic information, something our customers who are already in a lengthy lead time I'm sure appreciate. Pictures wouldn't really show much to 99% of our customers, as there isn't much to see and note beyond different spacing and dimensions.

As to your other questions. It is a completely different length action, with a different action screw spacing, like that of the Zermatt, Lone Peak, and Stiller medium size actions. Therefore, it gives our customers MORE chassis and stock options, as there are numerous other options available for that size action. And, it gives customers the ability to use the newer Hawkins Precision products designed for that size action.

Last edited:
I appreciate the information. None of that was available in the first post. When I start my 284 project we will see where you are on production lead time.

I took advantage of some sales this weekend for a proof barrel, TT diamond, Hawkins hunter bottom metal and I’m going to order a manners LRH for this size medium action. When will it be available to order in a regular anti? I have an antix long action and the integrated scope bases are too limiting so I’d rather use the anti this go around.

I took advantage of some sales this weekend for a proof barrel, TT diamond, Hawkins hunter bottom metal and I’m going to order a manners LRH for this size medium action. When will it be available to order in a regular anti? I have an antix long action and the integrated scope bases are too limiting so I’d rather use the anti this go around.

I do not have an ETA yet for the regular anTi, but I'll make sure we announce it as it comes available.

Reactions: Jnull
Years ago we introduced our popular Defiance XM custom action length to the precision rifle market. While it has been extremely popular, over time other entrants joined in bringing similar lengths, but on a slightly different pattern than our current XM offering. While there continues to be many options in stocks, chassis, and direct bottom metals (DBM) for our XM, at Defiance Machine we pride ourselves on always trying to offer our customers as many options as possible. Thus, we introduce to you our new Defiance XM Plus.

The new Defiance XM Plus was designed to give our customers accessibility to even more chassis, stocks, bottom metals, and magazines. AND, it now gives you the ability to have one action, one inlet, with three different bottom metals and magazine options. This includes the popular Hawkins Precision offerings, such as their M5 Oberndorf, M5 DBM with MDT XM magazines, and M5 DBM with flush fit magazines. The new Defiance XM Plus is currently available in the anTi-X, Ruckus, Deviant, and Rebel custom rifle actions, and they will be available on our other actions in the near future.

To check out the video, please head over to our Facebook or Instagram page!

I would like to own an XM action. If you would get Sunny Hill to make a version of their premium bottom metal to fit one of your XM actions, I would buy a couple of them.

Reactions: moosemeat