• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 1-10 x 26 FF mil/mil

Shooter McGavin

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 22, 2009
    Some where in the US
    proto.jpg

proto2.jpg

front.jpg

Dual reticule with super bright lumen dot
    30 mils adjustment!!
    .1 milrad click value
    dual illumination for either the dot, reticule, or both
    true 1x power
    true 10 power
    cat tail on the magnification ring
    zero stop with resetting turrets
    11.50 inches long
    Expected out sometime in June (as per Liberty Optics website)

What do you think? I am sure it will be priced less than Leupold's Mark 8 1.1-8x24mm CQBSS Front Focal.

Re: IOR 1-10 x 26 FF mil/mil

Just found this on Liberty Optics site:

"First up, is the heretofore mentioned 1-10x26 model (see all the pics in a couple of posts down). In the hand, I personally thought the prototype was pretty sweet. It had a true 1x that had no noticeable funky issues or defects..their is a touch of tunnel vision from 1-1.5x and then it's gone. The glass is typical IOR and looked very good, even at 10x. Eye relief is forgiving and the overall design is quite impressive. This scope is FFP, with a MP-8 style reticle with a dot. The digital illumination allows you to light the center dot "daylight bright" orange, the rest of the reticle green, or both. The 35mm tube allows for 30mils of travel (!) so the 10x with side focus is actually useful for long range work. Exposed 1/10mil knobs with zero stop. Arrival is likely June, specs are subject to be changed (esp the reticle design) and price point is estimated at $2000-2200 street price. I think this will be a hot item this summer."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this will be a hot item this summer." </div></div>

No kidding after Leupold's insane pricing for the CQBSS. Is the illuminated dot daylight visible?

Perhaps a little optimistic on the price but it has all the right features.

I'd like to see some reticle pics on the different power settings plus seeing how bright and big the dot and daylight illume is.

It's okay. Illumination seems to be bright enough for daytime use but not super-bright.

Would be a good scope for a 308 AR but too bulky for 223.

Also it is 1.25-10 not 1-10.

pricing 2-2.5k.

I've been looking for something like this for a new build. I want CQB capability, but higher magnification than 4x and a mil reticle that I can use for hold-overs an hold-offs. A reticle that has a grid like the Premier Gen2 XR or Vortex EBR-2 with a large dot or a dot like the Vortex TMCQ around it would be ideal.

i recently called to inquire on a new scope for a project and this thing seems like the t1ts.

I was impressed with just the description and now seeing pics all the more pleased

rite now i have a 2.5-10x24 and a red dot for close ups and this would handle both task.

now thats listening to what people want

Gilbert

These are currently in production and I'm sure details will be available soon. Given the reality of all these 1x-(8x-10x) wonder scopes I'll get really excited once they show up. Price will be a fraction of the Lupy Mark 8

Scott

I wonder how these compare to the March 1x10? besides the FFP and SFP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are currently in production and I'm sure details will be available soon. Given the reality of all these 1x-(8x-10x) wonder scopes I'll get really excited once they show up. Price will be a fraction of the Lupy Mark 8

Scott </div></div>

There are a few available for retail to international distributors now - price is not cheap though. I imagine it will be approaching $US3K retail.

The one I saw had a variation of their HR5 hunting reticule with a red dot in the center. I only got to play with it indoors but it did seem to be daytime bright but not bright like an aimpoint. I think he said the tactical ones would have the mp8 reticule.

This sounds like it might be perfect for an AR15 build in 6.5 Grendel that I'm thinking about.

Staying tuned for more info & reticle pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are currently in production and I'm sure details will be available soon. Given the reality of all these 1x-(8x-10x) wonder scopes I'll get really excited once they show up. Price will be a fraction of the Lupy Mark 8

Scott </div></div>

Looking forward to some more details from you on these scopes, Scott. I have been wanting/needing a 1-10x variable optic for a project and was more or less convinced that I was just going to forget it and go with a 2.5-10x Nightforce.

I received the manual for this scope last night. If there are any questions about the specs I may be able to help.

Magnification: 1 - 10 x
    Objective diameter: 26 mm
    Field of view: angular: 16.6° - 2°
    linear: 29.2. - 3.5 m/100m
    Exit pupil diameter: 8.6 - 2.6 mm
    Eye relief: 83 - 90 mm
    Dioptric conpensation: ± 3 dpt
    Adjustment range: elevation 120 MOA
    windage ± 50 MOA
    Click value: 0.1 MRAD
    Parallax correction: 6m - infinity
    Reticles: FFP reticle & SFP dot / illuminated
    Battery type: 3V CR 2032
    Tube diameter: 35 mm
    Length: 297 mm
    Weight: 0.94 kg
    Accessories: Sun shade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Digit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Magnification: 1 - 10 x
    Objective diameter: 26 mm
    Field of view: angular: 16.6° - 2°
    linear: 29.2. - 3.5 m/100m
    Exit pupil diameter: 8.6 - 2.6 mm
    Eye relief: 83 - 90 mm
    Dioptric conpensation: ± 3 dpt
    Adjustment range: elevation 120 MOA
    windage ± 50 MOA
    Click value: 0.1 MRAD
    Parallax correction: 6m - infinity
    Reticles: FFP reticle & SFP dot / illuminated
    Battery type: 3V CR 2032
    Tube diameter: 35 mm
    Length: 297 mm
    Weight: 0.94 kg
    Accessories: Sun shade
    </div></div>

Ha!! You gotta love printed materials sometimes. Adjustments in 0.1 mils with total adjustment range for elevation and windage given in MOA!
    wink.gif

For anyone who doesn't know...that 120 MOA of total elevation equates to roughly just over 35 mils by my math.

These are interesting scopes. In the end, I will be curious to see what their street price is.

The field for high ratio scopes with 1x on the bottom is more or less set for the time being (although we will have some more contestants soon enough).

Leupold CQBSS 1.1-8x24 seems to run at around $4k which, to me, implies that they do not expect to sell many of these in the civilian marketplace (or that they can not yet make these in sufficient quantities).

Here is a table with the specs I could quickly find:
    Slide1.jpg

On paper, this new IOR looks to be very full featured with the only apparent downsides being the highest weight in the group and narrowest FOV on 1x. I am generally not entirely sure how IOR FOV numbers make sense since the field of view ratio implies tunneling at low magnification, while I do not recall seeing any appreciable tunneling when I glanced at theses scopes at SHOT. Perhaps, there is a typo in there somewhere.

ILya

33oz would make it heavier than my 3-18x42.

I see that bushnell now makes a 1.25-8 hunting scope that is selling for about 600 bucks. I wonder if they will come out with a tactical version of that it could be the poorman's 1-8 leupie.

Ilya, can you confirm that the March 1-10 is now in mil adjustments? I thought it was still moa, I've been waiting for them to update it.
    Thanks

Personally, I am pretty excited about this IOR 1-10. It fits the bill for everything from .223 to .308. The weight is typical IOR but I'll deal with 8 or 10 more ounces, especially if the street price is in the $2200 range. This scope is just another example of IOR's growing competitiveness. The optics will be very good, and if the internals behave as well as the new 3.5-18X50 and 6-24X56 have, they will go beyond being just a "good value for the money" type of company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">33oz would make it heavier than my 3-18x42.

I see that bushnell now makes a 1.25-8 hunting scope that is selling for about 600 bucks. I wonder if they will come out with a tactical version of that it could be the poorman's 1-8 leupie. </div></div>

Bushnell had a prototype 1-6.5x24 scope at last SHOT with FFP reticle designed with 5.56 in mind.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ilya, can you confirm that the March 1-10 is now in mil adjustments? I thought it was still moa, I've been waiting for them to update it.
    Thanks </div></div>

March is available with both MOA and Mil knobs to the best of my knowledge.

ILya