• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 3-18x42 ?

It would be interesting to learn what they really changed from the GEN1 to the latest version of the IOR 3X18X42.
I heard they didn’t change anything mechanically but not sure how accurate that is. I had a GEN2 replaced and my GEN1 from the first batch of 100
is still going strong. I really like them.

Op,

I had one for some time. I also shoot a Bushnell 3.5-21 with a G2. I have mounted both scopes on several rifles (LR308, Rem700s in .308 and 300 win mag) I have looked at objects to 1200 yards (known distance) and further and shot it out to 600 yards, so this may or may not answer your distance questions. Clarity on a target at 600 yards was great. Scope tracked as expected as I transitioned to targets from 500 to 600 using my knobs and it worked tracked accurately.

My complaints are mounting and eye relief. On my bolt guns, I could not get the scope far enough back, but my LOP is almost 15.5 inches. On my LR308, the scope was very easy to get comfortable behind as I don't use the same LOP on my gas gun. The 3.5 inches of eye relief was a no-go for me on on my win mag. One post also stated this scope makes a rifle feel top heavy. I found myself saying the same thing and I've always used low rings.

I like a lot of scopes and I have find it extremely hard to like one over the other. Maybe some day I can afford some really high end stuff. Mike stated it well, there are a lot of good choices out there.

Blessings,

BC