• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes IOR Sniper's Hide Edition.

Prowler

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2004
PA, USA
I'm looking to scope a 338 Lapua rifle that will be finished here in the future. I've looked and can't find any reviews or substantial information on the <span style="font-weight: bold">IOR 3-18x42 35mm FFP Sniper's Hide Edition GEN 4</span>. I'm sure someone here as a little more info than what I've found on the Liberty Optics web page.

Thanks in advance.

Re: IOR Sniper's Hide Edition.

Seems the most found issue is the eye relief when moving to higher x's. Does anyone have those specs?

The eye relief is kinda tight Not so tight as to not make it unusefull. I like mine alot is really clear and tracks great so far. I have about 250 rounds under it and zero problems. And its not much of a concern if I did I am sure Scott would take care of it.

For that rifle spend a few bucks more and get the new 3.5-18x50 with 35mm tube. Its kick ass, I have one my 338 DTA. I owned one of the first 100 of the ones u mentioned and its a good scope but the new one is that much better with more room for putting rings to allow proper eye relief on almost any rifle.

490, if you were to compare it to another scope manufacturer, who and what model? Trying to get a feel before I spend.

Yes, I looked at that one. Not really crazy for a battery on/in a scope. Why I'm on the fence about a NF as well.

Lowlight, I noted that when I read it in another post.

Since your here, I got a PM headed your way.

I have that 3-18x42 you are talking about and it is an excellent scope. Only real problems with it are lack of illumination and short eye relief. The 50mm model seems to have addressed both of those. If you go IOR get it from Liberty Optics.

The other scope I'd look at would be a used Razor HD. They pop up for 1600 or so every now and then and are awesome scopes.

Probably going to start a shit storm but oh well. From my experience with my ior and some friends Nightforce's I would say for my eyes it edges out the NF as far as glass. The feel of the turrets are good but the NF are firmer. But its also ffp with more mag range than the NF F1. Really up to preference. Both are great I really like my IOR and will buy another one without looking back, Probably the above mentioned 3-18x50. You shouldn't be un happy with either.

I don't have a 3-18, but I do have the 3.5-18 and I'm very pleased with it so far. It's very clear, repeatable and has a very good feature set for the price.
web.jpg