• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Terminator arrived today

digit

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2008
New Zealand
IOR's new ultra long range scope turned up today

12-52x56 with 100MOA elevation. The power ring has detents to make the reticle mil accurate or 1/2 moa accurate between hashes. The detent is very solid and cant be missed as it clicks into place. The other unusual feature other than its 40mm tube is the paralax adjustment behind the objective bell.

IOR have designed the scope for users of calibres 338 and up for ultra long range shooting out beyound 1500 yards.

P1070746.jpg

P1070747.jpg

P1070748.jpg

Re: IOR Terminator arrived today

I've never heard of this...

Prototype? Production? It sounds really neat, but what are the specs; price,etc?

40mm tube?!?!

Do you have to get rings from NASA's Hubble stockpile? Looks freaking sweet though. IOR is nice glass!

hope its second focal? MP8 sure would work well for such a long range tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hope its second focal? MP8 sure would work well for such a long range tool. </div></div>

I would think it would have to be SFP since you would have to adjust the power ring for both MIL and MOA.

It looks like 14.4 for MIL what is the power setting measurement for MOA?

That is freakin awesome, if you don't mind me asking, what platform are you mounting that on?

can you provide a close up picture of the turret graduations on the elevation dial?

Thanks

wow, what a beast, I love my IOR's, this one would make a nice addition to the stable.
will be waiting patiently for reviews while saving my pennies and dime, at $3695 it better be awesome
cheers.

Intresting indeed but to me it looks like the paralax adjustment goes from 50 to 100 to infinity. It may just be the picture but if thats correct seems like it may be a bit touchy and hard to properly set.

From Valdada website....
"Valdada Tactical Series of riflescopes is the most advanced in the world. Old World craftsmanship meets modern concepts and engineering to bring you the most repeatable, reliable, and optically perfect scope you can buy. All our scopes feature glass from the ledgendary SCHOTT GLASSWERK of Germany, etched reticules, steel ball bearings, and our proprietary MC-7 Wide-Band fully-multicoating process that inculdeds 7 to 11 layers of coatings PER LENS SURFACE. The highest level of quality in optical glass and coating technology that we use, translates into superior edge-to-edge resolution and clarity, fantastic low light performance and excellent resolving power at extreme long range."

The page you copied is an old page.

This is the new:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YOU WANT THE BEST? NOW YOU CAN HAVE IT! THE ALL NEW 12-52x56 TERMINATOR IS HERE! THIS MARVEL OF OPTICAL ENGINEERING BOASTS THE FOLLOWING NEW AND INNOVATIVE FEATURES.<span style="color: #FF0000"> HD FLUORITE GLASS</span>, MAGNIFICATION DETENTS, THE INCREDIBLE MID FOCUS, ZERO STOP, INTERCHANGEABLE BDC RINGS, DIGITAL ILLUMINATION WITH AUTO SHUT-OFF, FAST FOCUS EYE PIECE AND 100 MOA OF TRAVEL, ALL ON A 40mm TUBE. RINGS AND SUNSHADE INCLUDED!
12-52 x 56mm TERMINATOR

THE TERMINATOR IS THE MOST ADVANCED CONVENTIONAL RIFLESCOPE IN THE WORLD. OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP MEETS TECHNOLOGY IN THIS POWERHOUSE OPTIC. AT 52x, YOU CAN FOCUS CLEARLY AT A MEASURED 21.5 FEET ON OUT TO INFINITY. OUR NEW PROPRIETARY MID FOCUS HAS CANGED THE GAME AND ELIMINATED A SIDE FOCUS KNOB ALL TOGETHER. THE 40mm TUBE IS RUGGED AND ROBUST. ALL THE OTHER FAMOUS FEATURES ARE HERE INCLUDING OUR ZERO STOP, DIGITAL ILLUMINATION WITH AUTO SHUT-OFF, SECONDARY IMPACT INDICATOR, INTERCHANGEABLE BDC RINGS, FAST FOCUS EYEPIECE, AND 25 M.O.A. PER REVOLUTION. THIS SCOPE FEATURES OUR NEW MP-8 EXTREME M.O.A. RETICULE.</div></div>

They left out the part about German Schott glass being used, hence the reason for my question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Shottist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The page you copied is an old page.

This is the new:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YOU WANT THE BEST? NOW YOU CAN HAVE IT! THE ALL NEW 12-52x56 TERMINATOR IS HERE! THIS MARVEL OF OPTICAL ENGINEERING BOASTS THE FOLLOWING NEW AND INNOVATIVE FEATURES.<span style="color: #FF0000"> HD FLUORITE GLASS</span>, MAGNIFICATION DETENTS, THE INCREDIBLE MID FOCUS, ZERO STOP, INTERCHANGEABLE BDC RINGS, DIGITAL ILLUMINATION WITH AUTO SHUT-OFF, FAST FOCUS EYE PIECE AND 100 MOA OF TRAVEL, ALL ON A 40mm TUBE. RINGS AND SUNSHADE INCLUDED!
12-52 x 56mm TERMINATOR

THE TERMINATOR IS THE MOST ADVANCED CONVENTIONAL RIFLESCOPE IN THE WORLD. OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP MEETS TECHNOLOGY IN THIS POWERHOUSE OPTIC. AT 52x, YOU CAN FOCUS CLEARLY AT A MEASURED 21.5 FEET ON OUT TO INFINITY. OUR NEW PROPRIETARY MID FOCUS HAS CANGED THE GAME AND ELIMINATED A SIDE FOCUS KNOB ALL TOGETHER. THE 40mm TUBE IS RUGGED AND ROBUST. ALL THE OTHER FAMOUS FEATURES ARE HERE INCLUDING OUR ZERO STOP, DIGITAL ILLUMINATION WITH AUTO SHUT-OFF, SECONDARY IMPACT INDICATOR, INTERCHANGEABLE BDC RINGS, FAST FOCUS EYEPIECE, AND 25 M.O.A. PER REVOLUTION. THIS SCOPE FEATURES OUR NEW MP-8 EXTREME M.O.A. RETICULE.</div></div>

They left out the part about German Schott glass being used, hence the reason for my question. </div></div>

The part I copied is from the top of the tactical scopes page that shows all the scopes and is a general description of all IOR scopes. The page you copied is from the Terminator page itself, I agree it doesn't say anything about Schott Glass. But none of the other scope description pages do either. Guess the only way to know for sure would be to call Valdada.

Wow...interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree it doesn't say anything about Schott Glass. </div></div>

Every Valdada I own has said "Schott" in the manual or on the box, or both. Also it says Schott on their website in a few places, I think part of their FAQ specifies that all their scopes have it. Glass quality is not a problem with IOR scopes...

I would be shocked if it wasn't Schott glass; I think it was an omission due to the fact ALL IOR scopes have had it and they just overlooked it in the product description.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree it doesn't say anything about Schott Glass. </div></div>

Every Valdada I own has said "Schott" in the manual or on the box, or both. Also it says Schott on their website in a few places, I think part of their FAQ specifies that all their scopes have it. Glass quality is not a problem with IOR scopes... </div></div>

Yeah that's what I was stating if you read all my post and the one two above it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be shocked if it wasn't Schott glass; I think it was an omission due to the fact ALL IOR scopes have had it and they just overlooked it in the product description. </div></div>

+1

ior has some very nice features at a great price so far my gen 4 is holding up well mounted on 300wm. got about 400 rounds on the ior.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtstanley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone have one yet? </div></div>

Yep waiting on another one
grin.gif

I looked at one of these at Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show in November. It's a nice piece of hardware! The glass is crystal clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, for 3700 dollars, it better be capable of taking the shot for me too ..... LOL. </div></div>

It's not $3700....it's $3399 and with HIDE10 it $3059.10

Not cheap, but $640 less than what you published is worth noting

Scott

Just saw your posts on the "TERMINATOR" I ordered one as soon as I saw it. From Bear Basin. It is awesome. I've only had a chance to shoot out to about 300 yds. I put it on a THOR XM-408. Fyi

I am interested in the exit pupil myself? I have a S&B 12x50 I would love to know if anyone has shot behind both and could compare them? Thanks PG

In regards to 52x being unusable in anything but bright sunlight:

This isn't even close to the truth.

I used it yesterday at 52x for a couple hours and even with the sunshade on, under a metal roof, in heavily overcast skies, I was able to use 52x with no problem at all.

I haven't gotten a chance to try early morning/sunset, but it definitely does not require an extreme amount of light to function phenomenally.

Parker