• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Valdada 3x18x42 for LWRC REPR

SlapRack

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
USA
I was looking at putting an IOR Valdada 3x18x42 on my LWRC REPR with 20" barrel(on order). It was between this or the Nightforce 3.5x15 which costs more. I saw an IOR on Gun Broker with rings, Badger Ordnance Base and Butler Creek Covers. What do you think? I did a search and it seems both scopes are very well liked with Nightforce taking most votes.

Re: IOR Valdada 3x18x42 for LWRC REPR

I have a IOR 3x18 42mm FFP on my 18" VLTOR SPR rifle and I love it. I mounted mine in a set of Seekins rings and on top of a LaRue QD mount. You can dial it down to about 10 yards if it's on 3x, and having mil/mil FFP on a rifle that is capable of shooting past 400 yards accuratly is a major bonus.

You might also consider the new Super Sniper 3x9 FFP and the 10x HD Mil/Mil scopes. I had the opourtunity to look at both this week and was blown away with the quality. The 10x is just plain top notch! Out standing glass and really well made.

The IOR 3x18x42 is being sold on Gunbroker for $1450.00 as a package. Seems like a good price.

Got one on my DPMS .308 and love it. I can actually get it mounted with the factory rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlapRack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The IOR 3x18x42 is being sold on Gunbroker for $1450.00 as a package. Seems like a good price.</div></div>

Scott @ Liberty Optics will have the Gen 4 IOR 3X18X42 Tacticals w/ rings and caps for $1399 any day now. He's here on the hide and will give you the best deal you're gonna get.

I bought my IOR SH Ed. 3x18 Mil-Mil FFP from Scott at Liberty Optics for $1399 with rings, butler creek caps, sunshade, etc. I love that scope. The MP 8 reticle is my favorite. Only issue might be the somewhat short eye relief on it...I know it can be an issue sometimes when mounted on a Rem 700, but I don't know about how it would be on a REPR. I would think (guess) you could bring the scope back further on the REPR's rail so the eye relief probably would not be an issue.
If you decide to go with the IOR, I would call Scott and see how long the wait for the IOR is from him, if you can wait that long I would get it from him. Customer service is excellent. I'd be a little nervous to buy one from someone on Gunbroker that I didn't know...

Thanks for the responses guys. The one on Gunbroker is illuminated reticle and tactical turrets. I dont think you can touch that for $1399. I'll keep an eye on it.

If it is illuminated, then it is the SFP model with MOA knobs and will not have the same A5 retcle as the SH FFP model.

A number of people have reported lens failure (coming loose) on that IOR. I own one myself, am very happy with mine and never had any problems. It's really a fine scope, and the mil/mil, FFP is so intuitive. But a legacy is there. I got my scope from Scott, and he will back you...who knows what you'll get on Gun Broker.

Nik

This seems lke the best price I've found. Think I'm going to take the plunge.

Slaprack,

You do realize that the IOR listed on Gunbroker, while it is a great price for an Illuminated scope, is not the Sniper Hide Edition. The one listed on Gunbroker is an SFP and has MIL/MOA (1/4" clicks) adjustments. The reticle is also the standard MP8, not the improved SH MP8.

The Sniper Hide Editions are not Illuminated and are FFP plus MIL/MIL (0.1 mils/0.36" per click) adjustments.

Bob

yes I do, thanks. I'm not sure if I want to make the switch to mil/mil. I don't shoot with anybody that has that set up and it makes me a little nervous just jumping in. If I coould sit down with someone or have some re-training with this, I might feel better. Maybe I'm thinking to much on this though. I've only shot Leupold and Nightforce scopes which were standard 1/4 in. clicks. I have read on the forum about mil/mil scopes and I find it a little confusing. Might be different if I actually shot with this scope.

SlapRack,

Let do a mock 100 yd. sight-in with two similar, but not identical, IOR scopes:

First an IOR 3-18x42mm SFP, MIL/MOA, Illum. as shown on Gunbroker.

1)First we bore sight.

2) Set scope to 18x

3) Load mag and then fire one to three rounds

4) Looking thru the scope you see a sub 1" group, dead on in windage, but a little low.

5) Using the IOR reticle, you measure the group to be about 1.75 MILS Low.

6) You start to do the calculation in your head, to figure how many 1/4" clicks it will take to raise your scope 1.75 MILS, when you suddenly remember, shit, this scope only correctly ranges at 10x because it's a SFP, and IOR 3x18"s range correctly only at 10x, and you haven't had time to map the reticle.

7) Turn you scope down to 10x

8) Evaluate the target again. Now you see that you are actually 1 MIL Low.

9) Calculate in your head that 1 mil low at 100 yds is around, 3.5 MOA, so dial + 3.5 on your scope, which is 14 clicks, if your counting.

10) Turn your scope back to 18x.

11) Fire for effect.
---------------------------------------------------------

Now lets do the same thing, with an IOR 3-18x42mm FFP, MIL/MIL scope, the Sniper Hide Edition.

1)First we bore sight.

2) Set scope to 18x

3) Load mag and then fire one to three rounds

4) Looking thru the scope you see a sub 1" group, dead on in windage, but a little low.

5) Using the IOR reticle, you measure the group to be exactly 1 MIL Low and since it's FFP, it will range/measure correctly at any power.

6) Dial + 1 MIL, or 10 clicks if your counting.

7) Fire for effect.

So 7 steps vs 11 steps. That's SFP MIL/MOA vs FFP MIL/MIL

Which is easier, and more complicated.......Let us know.

Bob