• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Valdada ?

wrongside

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2010
SE MICH
Is anyone out there using a IOR Valdada scope? If so what do you think of them? Thanks, BILL

I had one and sold it because of the eye relief. It was the 3-18x42. I am considering getting the 3-18x50. I loved the scope and great customer service. It's probably going to between that and a bushnell for my next one. Also I really liked the floating dot on the reticle.

I have the 6x24x56 and I love it. My next one will be a Valdada.

All American Gunsmithing LLC
Baton Rouge L.A.

Anyone out there have field experience with the IOR Valdada 2.5-10x42 FFP model with the illuminated MP-8 reticle?
I ask because I'm considering one for use on a .308 bolt-gun w/ 20" barrel out to 700-800 yds range.
Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Randy V. aka PBR-XP FAN

I love my 3-18x42.
It is NOT perfect, but it is absolutely one of the best scopes you can get for 1500 new.

I wish it had illumination and more room between the erector assembly and the magnification ring, both addressed on other scopes that were not available when I bought the 3-18.

I've got two 2.5-10x42's, one on a 20" Grendel, the other on a 21" GAP built Armalite 308. Really like optical quality and MP8 reticle. Also have 3-18x42 on 25" 6.5x47 build that I've had out to 1000 a few times. I will also offer that Val fully warranted my second 2.5-10 when there was limited reason he shouldn't have charged for the repair. Someone had really hamfisted the scope before me and passed it off as good-which it wasn't. Val addressed the issue after a discussion and has won me for standing behind his product. That's impressive, and though you often wonder about what's behind a good service rep, the manufacturers who stand up when you do have a problem should be supported for their efforts and integrity. I've got Bushnells, Vortex, SWFA, Leupolds and have reasons for appreciating each, but will say IOR is very GTG in my book. Buy with confidence.

I have a 3.5X18X50 and love it. Before that I had a Leupold 10X, good scope but wanted variable power. Then I had a Nikon 2.5X10 tactical, that was a great scope I just wanted a little more mag. Then I got the IOR 3.5X18X50, it's everything I wanted, Great glass, repeatable turrets, built like a tank. I'm sure there are a ton of scopes I would be happy with, but I lucked into this one and I'm glad I did. I would recommend this scope.

I've got a 3-18x42 on my .260 Rem. Had it out to 1000 yds a few weeks ago. I agree with everything that's been said. I wish I could move it back a little further but it's working for me.

I found a 4-14x42 with an illuminated MP8 reticle mounted on a Savage 10Fcp about a month ago. Paid 1200 for the set up and I am glad I grabbed it. The only thing I don't like about it is the side focus has very little adjustment between 0-500.

4-14 x 50 Tactical with Illuminated MP8. Love it and wished I had more IOR's.

I had an 3.5-18x50, it had an erector issue and all I could get out of Valdata was they would take it and test it out but not much acceptance in the fact that I was having an issue. Best I got out of them was an "ah kinda doubt your having an issue but we will check it out, no guarantees tho" I'm paraphrasing but not a lot of support.

So not sure how well warranty issues are with them.

I wont buy another.

Had a 3-18x42 it broke was replaced with a new scope, sold it to fund the then new 3.5-18x50. The 3.5-18x50 sits on my APA .308 also have a 2.5-10x42 and it sits on a POF .308. They are great scopes, I don't think you can get much better glass with the features they offer for the money!

I had an 3.5-18x50, it had an erector issue and all I could get out of Valdata was they would take it and test it out but not much acceptance in the fact that I was having an issue. Best I got out of them was an "ah kinda doubt your having an issue but we will check it out, no guarantees tho" I'm paraphrasing but not a lot of support.

I wont buy another.

I'm having trouble understanding what you wanted out of them. They offered to take a look at it, (and possibly make it right), but there was something else you wanted? What did you want them to do?

What was the "erector issue" you refer to? I've sold more 3.5-18x50 than anyone else in the WORLD and we've had one return in almost 3 years. That scope has kicked *ss for us.

Scott

I wont buy another.

I'm having trouble understanding what you wanted out of them. They offered to take a look at it, (and possibly make it right), but there was something else you wanted? What did you want them to do?

Just to clarify and out of fairness, the person I spoke too said I doubt there is an issue, and yes to clarify they did offer to have a look at it and mount it on a rifle and try to get it back to me in a few weeks. I had a match coming up and that was my only optic so I was in a pickle however.

The issue was this: Put it on a FN SPR 308 with 20moa rail and once zeroed I only had about 6.5-6.8 mils of rotation left in the turret before it would bottom out. They said they never had that problem like that and it was curious but probably how I mounted it, so user error. But no offer to ship me a new one, unlike another optics outfitter when I had an issue.

And yes the glass and reticle was very nice.

But bottom line I feel that upon shipping of the optic to them I should have gotten a new one shipped to me and not someone agreeing to test it out and see if I was wright or wrong after a few weeks. I ended up just selling it at deep discount to a buddy who wanted the rifle it was sitting on. Issues non resolved, he said he would send it in. Not sure what happened from there?

Great scopes for the price.. Like the ill. Mp8 reticle and glass.. Will definately purchase another ior

What was the "erector issue" you refer to? I've sold more 3.5-18x50 than anyone else in the WORLD and we've had one return in almost 3 years. That scope has kicked *ss for us.

Scott

One of them made its way to me a few years ago, nothing but good times with it. Wish I had another to put on the wife's rifle.

Hi fellows.
I have the 9-36x56 IR since 2009. It's mounted on my SAVAGE 12 BR 6,5-284N. I shoot from 600 to 1200 meters with it.
It offers a great vison of target even at x9 at 1200m. It's clear from x9 to x36 espacialy by cloudy weather.
I shot a pack of cigarettes at 800m and hit twice out of two shots (no wind but clouds).
The only thing is that with the recoil, parallax will move a bit. So you need to reset it once in a while.
Now I'd like to get a 3-18 to put on my AR15 for precision shooting at 300 and 600m.

If your parallax is moving, you need to send it in for repair.
Mine was doing the same and Val asked me to send it in as it required a simple adjustment.
No issue, no charge-just a great scope working perfectly.

I bought the scope from Border Barrels (Scotland) and they don't sell IOR anymore so I can't send mine back for repair but that's not a big deal.
I can manage with this. Of course I'd prefer not to have this little problem.

You can try contacting Valdada directly, or another dealer preferably from France if there is any.
You're warranty is still warranty even if Border don't sell them anymore.

You can try contacting Valdada directly, or another dealer preferably from France if there is any.
You're warranty is still warranty even if Border don't sell them anymore.

It's my understanding that they have a life time warranty. I'm in the process of having a 260 built and when it's done there will be an IOR sitting on it. To each his own but I think they're one of the best scopes made. Clarity, repeatable tracking, built like a tank, Your choice of SFP or FFP on most all models, Life time warranty, and the 8-dot reticle is awesome.

heres a 13 shot shot group I shot with my custom 308 with a 3.5X18X50 sitting on it.

I bought a 3.5-18x50 a month or two ago from Scott. Love it. I wanted a little more magnification than the 15x max I had from the Weaver EMDR on the bolt-action.

On a 20 MOA base, I can still dial up 12.4 mils which takes that rifle out to about 1150 yards (its the rifle, it shoots ~2 mils high from where the mechanical centers of the scopes are - the Weaver was the same)

It was far nicer than I expected and now I am spoiled on the glass and features. I can't see myself buying a different brand of scope in the future unless it is for reticle choice.

I just purchased my sixth scope from IOR last week.

I have a 6X42, a 10X42, a 16X42, two 2.5X10X42 illuminated SFP, and a 10X56. I have a zero reset issue on one of the 2.5X10 turrets. I still have to get it fixed. Other than that I am very happy with all of them.