• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes IOR Valdada?

OP, welcome to SH. There is more accumulated knowledge, regarding practical LR shooting, than you will find any place else on the internet. Some of the best resources here are the for sale forums. You will find more quality gear available then almost anywhere else. Study the prices for awhile and then decide what your willing to pay. If you buy at the low end of the scale you can sell with very little, if any, loss. Note that reticle choice on scopes has a definite effect on both value and saleability.

As you read you will find who is concerned with practical usage as opposed to who is focused on esoteric issues. Both may be of value and you'll certainly find both here. Don't be concerned if someone jumps in you shit. Take it with a grain of salt, this place was once a lot less welcoming than it is now.

If, at anytime, you have no questions, you have lost interest or are not pushing the envelope.

I've got the Recon and have had no issues with it. A lot of shooters I work with have them too or the crusader and I haven't seen any problems yet with them. I've got a couple of the scopes from the popular brands that have had some warranty work. I'd buy what you want to get. I don't get caught up in the coffee shop crowd or worry what they think. The best of luck on what ever one you choose!

I don't get caught up in the coffee shop crowd or worry what they think.

The owner of this place has probably more cumulative experience in this area than almost all of us put together. If he says pass on IOR I'm going to listen to him first.

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

For three grand I'd be looking at USO, S&B. Not much else.

If you want to spend less, find those brands used.

If you want to spend less, there have been some excellent suggestions.

Tracking/repeatability (whichever term you like), durability and clarity (in that order) are for me.

My instructor (USMC SS, Army sniper instructor and contractor) was very much an IOR fan. I had never heard of them prior. I ended up with a (very early) Vortex Viper back in 2006/7 or so and it was fine for my needs then. I have since purchased a USO (USMC Sniper for my M40A1 project) new and a Leupold 10X M3 used for a future M24 project.

I have seen several USO scopes for sale here lately. Save and get one of those. My opinion anyway.

PS be strong and take all opinions, good and bad. Having that broad perspective on a subject makes you better informed.

Here is something to think about if you are going to listen to someone make it the guy that has been behind more mid to high dollar scopes than 99% of the people that you are going to find, and uses those scopes for their intended purpose IE. cranking the knobs up and down not a couple of times a weekend but every day. He teaches long range shooting and sees what works and what doesn't and will give his opinion not on what to buy but what to stay away from. Myself and a lot of the people on this forum spend a shit load of time behind precision rifles and we have spent thousands of dollars some of it wisely and we have wasted some on products that did not work. Study the different brands and make an informed decision, it is your money and you can spend it however you want to listen to the guys that have the knowledge and it could save you some money in the long run.

Nah, easier to register on some forum, post that such-and-such is your top pick, and wait for somebody to validate your decision. Which is what I'm trying to do.
Still waiting on pics!

Attachments

• 0DFFF6AC-5C78-4966-91D3-73C826F9253C.jpeg
    0DFFF6AC-5C78-4966-91D3-73C826F9253C.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 28
I bought a two piece set of mounts from Valdada. Two of the picatinny slots were so undersized the Seekins ring wouldn't seat and the rear mount rocked on the receiver. Valdada didn't respond to messages. Glad I didn't waste money on a scope with QA and customer service that lousy.