• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

rmcc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2008
IA
Any shooters in central Iowa? Am looking to hook up with others to shoot with. I am new to this and would like to get started right.

Rich

Re: Iowa

horsemen3,

That is a little farther than I can travel for a day shoot. Weekend is another story. I am about 4 hrs from your area. What kind of range do you have available? The longest "official" range is 600 yds @ Van Meter Gun Club.

Thanks,
Rich

4 hrs is a hell of a drive. No official ranges at all. just open fields and long walks to set up targets. still looking for a good 1k yard area to make a "range" as for right now i have been just asking farmers permission and hangin steel where ever i can get.

am here for a day more but Van Meter is a good place to shoot. but Yes take the trip to Wi lots of good ranges there.

rmcc, where you from? I grew up in Union.....about a half hour north of Marshalltown. I am currently living up in northern IA but I love bringing stuff home to shoot with my bro and friends. -Dan

Dan,

South of Des Moines about 40 miles out in the sticks. I have a farm in southern Iowa, but can only get 440 yds clear shot.

Rich

I am in the cedar rapids area. How about the redrock 1000 yard competition?

HJ,

???on the redrock 1000, please explain.

Rich

Hello All.. Going around and hitting all of the IOWA introduction threads. Been a member on other shooting forums for awhile and I thought I'd Throw my hat into the Sniper Hide ring. From SEIA and Currently live in Eastern IA between Iowa City and QC

hey tron do you shoot out there at van meter at the 600 yard range

I can shoot over 1000 at my house I am like 5 min from VM my range consists of 1 large hay bale and a bench I have shoot there and my application is in the pipe finally.

sweet i would love to see your range ive never seen or shot at 1000 yards before,got any pics, i just joined the desmoines rifle and revolver club that has a 600 yard range out in van meter