• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

iPhone vs. Droid

Re: iPhone vs. Droid

DAFAR I agree the one thing on the Driod that is any good is the Nav this is the only thing I even remotely like about it.

Satisfied with the Droid. Would like to see a Droid II come out that wasn't a slider. Just don't use it. Took me awhile, but once I learned the Droid, and all that it can do, pretty cool stuff.

Never had an I phone, those dogs don't hunt in these parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When in Google maps, hit menu and then "more" and then "Labs".
These extra tools must be enabled here.

I am not sure you have this capability since Motorola Droid is the only one running Android version 2.1.

By the way......
Does the Eris have a compass?
Removeable memory card?
854X480 screen?
Accelerometers?

</div></div>

you're right, no luck for me on the Labs tool, but my HTC Eris does have a compass app that i got free, it does have the removable memory, comes with 8G and is upgradeable to 16 i believe. Does have accelerometers but the screen is a mere 320 x 480. Not a worry for me cause my old phone was a KRZR and the screen on that thing was like the size of a postage stamp.

IT DOES APPEAR THAT 2.0 or 2.1 is coming to HTC Eris in the very near future though

Yeah.... I was not sure if you could use it or not.
Good to know they have those other features though.
Sounds like a nice device overall.

I have heard grumbling of 2.1 coming to all....but it seems to be wishful thinking until Google decides what they are doing.
We both may be left out of the next major update...you never know.
laugh.gif

I would like to see a ruggedized version.
Sort of a Casio GZone Type S, but with the all the features of the Droid.

The Type S was a great device.

Well, I have a Droid and love it. I sold my Blackberry Storm to get the Droid, and have zero regrets. Someone posted that when using the Droid, they would touch their cheek to the phone something would happen. We'll I'm not sure what's up with their phone, but mine does not do that at all. In my opinion, the Droid rocks!

Donnie

Full day number 2 with the Droid: I love it. This thing is all that I hoped it would be. It seems like if AT&T has spotty coverage in your area, the Droid is the way to go. Even if AT&T has decent coverage in your area, the Droid would still probably be the way to go for me.

By the way...
If anyone wants a holster for the Droid, the Nite-Ize sideways holster works very well for me:
http://www.niteize.com/collections/rugged-phone-cases/products/clip-case-sideways
I have the Medium, Black. The small is too small.
The Velcro closure ensures that there are no magnets to interfere wih the Driods modes....possibly using more power than needed. Do not use cases with magnets in them!

The belt clip is tough as can be.....had one for my Casio and I beat the hell out of that one.

So, if the HTC Eris Droid gets Android 2.1, will it then be able to utilize the Labs tools in Google maps?

I had the droid full version and hated it but my buddy at work loves it, I went back and got the HTC Eris and I like the way it works alot better. Just my 2 cents neither are better than the iPhone but again just my 2 cents. I still have the HTC version and it works well havent had any problems. I use it for business and wish I keep my Blackberry...live and learn.

So, how much is the HTC Nexus One going to cost? The HTC Eris Droid sure is at an attractive price-point.

Its gonna be around the same price as the droid from the looks of it. It is currently selling on Tmobile, but you have to order it online from google, which is sort of fucking stupid if you ask me.