• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Black Death coming to a town near you ?

They treated one of the doctors that ebola here, in Omaha ne. I wasn't fond of the idea due to they were treating him here in a local hospital.

Whatever happened to quarantine and isolate? Either Ebola isn't "what it's made out to be in the media" Or have we changed the ways to isolate these issues?

I posted a thread about the Nebraska patient and I got a lot of defending responses of the action ( bringing him to the U.S. )

Maybe the outcome of this case you have posted will bring insight to how we will travel. Quite possibly more restrictions on air travel if more and more of this happens.

So far it's a "non issue". But then again, everything has a beginning and an end.

I think it's a huge issue. How many were exposed to that person before he went to the hospital and it was diagnosed as ebola?
How many flew back on the plane with the infected one?

If their over their, they need to stay. If they travel their, they need to stay. It's common sense. I have no idea why people would travel their.

I agree with both of the above comments. It seems like swift action needs to be taken to lessen the threat. The DFW metroplex is sprawling, a outbreak there would be devistating.

The Dallas patient has not yet been diagnosed with EVD.

There have been numerous patients evaluated for Ebola in the last couple months due to symptoms and travel history since the West African outbreak accelerated and mass media sunk their teeth into it...thus far, every test has been negative, it has always been some other disease. Hopefully this patient will continue that trend...but the world is growing increasingly smaller and it is only a matter of time until the virus comes 'organically' to Western Europe or the US as it is a 10^-9 possibility that isolation ward patients would be 'Patient Zero' for a domestic outbreak.

Also, the sample size is pretty darn small...but the mortality rate for Ebola Zaire patients that have been air evac'd to the United States for world-class medical treatment is currently 0%. Given estimates that this strain has a mortality rate around 70% in West Africa, that's striking.

The efforts that have been put forth thus far by the US government on this front will likely pay huge dividends at handling the medical side of a domestic outbreak...the societal side is all together a different animal.

Your elected gov is doing everything it can to bring down this country. Before a one world order can happen the US as we know it, has to fail/fall.

gihrUtP.png

I was sitting here laughing to myself, thinking of someone's wry observation in the past that there's one kind of zombie that you never seem to see depicted, ever, and then I found this:

Picture of the Day: The first Sikh zombie | American Turban

The times, they are a changin' ...

There are many types of zombies out there. The one's you have to worry about is the one's that come out of the television. So don't watch too much of it.
As for the rest of us: watching too much television can warrant a lot of hype and fear. As for everything, stay vigilant and wise in our decisions on how we react to everything we see.

Repent for the end is near, lol. More people die from malaria in Africa every year. This might be the worst out break as if yet. However, from a numbers stand point we lose more lives in car accidents every year here in the US. The quickest way to end this is to destroy the virus and burn the bodies.

No outbreak can be contained indefinitely. For every ten thousand who observe protocols, it only take one to break the containment.

Rather than chewing our nails down to the quick, or hiding under the bed; I think each of us could benefit ourselves by researching and learning the basic principle of quarantine and exposure.

In all previous outbreaks, a calm demeanor and strong personal discipline have been basic tools that drive success.

Pestilence has long been deemed a horseman of the Apocalypse. He was ridden amongst us for centuries, but still fails to prevail.

Have a little faith, whether it be in the Creator, or in the seriously dedicated health care professionals, neither would be displaced.

Greg

It's kinda odd how they're shipping these Ebola patients all over the world. If these doctors are so great, stay in Africa and get treatment. Why the F bring them here? Too convenient

I have been paying particular attention to this outbreak for a few reasons. Disclaimer though: I base all my observations on non-specific scientific guidelines.

In the past, when there was an Ebola outbreak it basically hit a village, everyone died, and so did the virus. Seems fairly straight forward, albeit very non-compassion.

Currently, the world is throwing money and medical workers at the problem which is seeming to cause more and more deaths. This strain seems to be about 50 to 60 percent lethal. Oh, and highly contagious.

In the US, high mortality and highly contagious is a disaster. Even in a first world country like ours, the population is inherently stupid. Take offence to that? Look at the TV guide and tell me what's on the tube. It's all shows for idiots.

Furthermore, take some recent outbreaks of other highly mobile and near certain death causing problems: HIV/AIDS is my primary example. This virus was running wildfire through homosexual and drug using populations (and to a lesser extent, heterosexual) back in the 80's. If you had AIDS, you were going to die. If you had unprotected homosexual sex, you were probably going to get infected (as the news reported it). And STILL, men were getting infected because "it wont happen to me." How not go get AIDS? Stop fucking, and stop shooting up with someone else's needle. Yeah, that's a gross over generalization, but its true. And still it spread because people are stupid.

Hell, every year the common cold wipes out a shitload of people, or at the very least, they become infected. Wash your hands? Nah, too hard. Cover your mouth when you sneeze? Nope, too stupid. What about stay home when your are sick? A pleather of excuses: no sick time, too important to stay home (bullshit I say), not enough money to stay home (perhaps you need to save some money??) and the list goes on.

When Ebola first started making the news in the 70's people in those Western African countries were not particular mobile. Now they have some sort of access to transportation including flights out of the country! Think about that in the US. City A has a small and perhaps manageable outbreak of the virus. A family becomes infected, but does not know it. They hit the road because they are scared (and who would not be). They travel across the state to a relatives house while touching and leaving body fluids on everything (gas pumps, restroom doors etc). Now they are at the extended family's house. See where I am going with this? And it happens EVERY FUCKING YEAR WITH THE COMMON COLD!!

If this shit gets into the US, it's going to cause some serious fucking problems. Am I fear mongering? Nope. It's facts. Something else I have noticed too: when pig flu, SARS, bird flu etc started making its rounds, da' media went though pains to make it seem like the world was ending. Ebola in the US? They are down playing the shit out of that. Why? You know why. Media is bought and paid for and that includes fox.

I keep a whole roll of tin foil with me folks, and at this point, it has not failed me yet. Every time I tell my friends or family what is around the corner, they laugh, only to come back and apologize when I was right. Like I told them in 2007 that the big O was going to get elected, which is going to cause ammo to soar (yep, bought the shit out of that before prices went full retard). Just like I told everyone that Sandyhook will cause a huge bubble in AR stuff and not to buy. Now I am buying new pmags for 10 bucks and the dealers are happy that I buy them. Same for the two lowers I bought for 49 a piece two weeks ago. My biggest future seeing event that proved right so far? Wife and I were up in Boston in 2013. She was running the marathon. Yep the one that had the bombing. I told her that we were not going to stay in the city, she protested but then relented. She also wanted me to take the mass transit the day of instead of taking our car. Yeah honey, fuck that. I dropped her off at the starting line, and parked 1/2 mile from the finish at the underground deck in lennox place (I think that's what its called). We were out of there in 15 minutes after it all went down.

You want to prepare for this one? Have a bunch of food, and someway to easily access water and sterilize it. Stay the fuck home. This is not the time to go mobile. Probably want to talk to your neighbors too if they are as crazy as you, haha. I have actually started to stockpile bleach as well. Same with medical stuff and the like. You might want to invest some money for a CB and learn how to operate it, because if people get sick, who is going to operate the cell phone system? Power grids? See my point??

I have been paying particular attention to this outbreak for a few reasons. Disclaimer though: I base all my observations on non-specific scientific guidelines.

In the past, when there was an Ebola outbreak it basically hit a village, everyone died, and so did the virus. Seems fairly straight forward, albeit very non-compassion.

Currently, the world is throwing money and medical workers at the problem which is seeming to cause more and more deaths. This strain seems to be about 50 to 60 percent lethal. Oh, and highly contagious.

In the US, high mortality and highly contagious is a disaster. Even in a first world country like ours, the population is inherently stupid. Take offence to that? Look at the TV guide and tell me what's on the tube. It's all shows for idiots.

Furthermore, take some recent outbreaks of other highly mobile and near certain death causing problems: HIV/AIDS is my primary example. This virus was running wildfire through homosexual and drug using populations (and to a lesser extent, heterosexual) back in the 80's. If you had AIDS, you were going to die. If you had unprotected homosexual sex, you were probably going to get infected (as the news reported it). And STILL, men were getting infected because "it wont happen to me." How not go get AIDS? Stop fucking, and stop shooting up with someone else's needle. Yeah, that's a gross over generalization, but its true. And still it spread because people are stupid.

Hell, every year the common cold wipes out a shitload of people, or at the very least, they become infected. Wash your hands? Nah, too hard. Cover your mouth when you sneeze? Nope, too stupid. What about stay home when your are sick? A pleather of excuses: no sick time, too important to stay home (bullshit I say), not enough money to stay home (perhaps you need to save some money??) and the list goes on.

When Ebola first started making the news in the 70's people in those Western African countries were not particular mobile. Now they have some sort of access to transportation including flights out of the country! Think about that in the US. City A has a small and perhaps manageable outbreak of the virus. A family becomes infected, but does not know it. They hit the road because they are scared (and who would not be). They travel across the state to a relatives house while touching and leaving body fluids on everything (gas pumps, restroom doors etc). Now they are at the extended family's house. See where I am going with this? And it happens EVERY FUCKING YEAR WITH THE COMMON COLD!!

If this shit gets into the US, it's going to cause some serious fucking problems. Am I fear mongering? Nope. It's facts. Something else I have noticed too: when pig flu, SARS, bird flu etc started making its rounds, da' media went though pains to make it seem like the world was ending. Ebola in the US? They are down playing the shit out of that. Why? You know why. Media is bought and paid for and that includes fox.

I keep a whole roll of tin foil with me folks, and at this point, it has not failed me yet. Every time I tell my friends or family what is around the corner, they laugh, only to come back and apologize when I was right. Like I told them in 2007 that the big O was going to get elected, which is going to cause ammo to soar (yep, bought the shit out of that before prices went full retard). Just like I told everyone that Sandyhook will cause a huge bubble in AR stuff and not to buy. Now I am buying new pmags for 10 bucks and the dealers are happy that I buy them. Same for the two lowers I bought for 49 a piece two weeks ago. My biggest future seeing event that proved right so far? Wife and I were up in Boston in 2013. She was running the marathon. Yep the one that had the bombing. I told her that we were not going to stay in the city, she protested but then relented. She also wanted me to take the mass transit the day of instead of taking our car. Yeah honey, fuck that. I dropped her off at the starting line, and parked 1/2 mile from the finish at the underground deck in lennox place (I think that's what its called). We were out of there in 15 minutes after it all went down.

You want to prepare for this one? Have a bunch of food, and someway to easily access water and sterilize it. Stay the fuck home. This is not the time to go mobile. Probably want to talk to your neighbors too if they are as crazy as you, haha. I have actually started to stockpile bleach as well. Same with medical stuff and the like. You might want to invest some money for a CB and learn how to operate it, because if people get sick, who is going to operate the cell phone system? Power grids? See my point??

You are going to be the sole responsibility for the fear thread on "outage of tin foil".

Haha. Just kidding. There is always common sense in "being prepared" and readiness as well as "caution."
And I would never tell anyone not to be prepared or use caution.

It's all in how we represent ourselves in our words that may get us in "trouble" or get others "scared."

It seems that Bill Gates is finally getting his population reduction he's always been dreaming of.

I have found that anytime the president tries to spread fear, it is actually a smokescreen for what is really going on. '' Stay out of Africa because there is ebola there". Translated......there is a military contingent there doing some secret shit against terrorists. '' The maylasian flight went down somewhere in this area in the ocean"....... etc,etc,etc. When they give you way more info than you need to know, its a ruse to take your attention elsewhere.

Patient tested positive for EVD, per the CDC.

Reportedly he was not symptomatic until after returning to the US, so hopefully possible exposure to others was limited.

Bad news yes, but no reason for masses to be panicked.

I'm still not comfortable with the idea that Ebola is here in the US.

I'm going to Cabelas tonight and buying all the freeze dried meals they have

I'm not comfortable that at least 115 people die every day in car accidents.

First confirmed case of Ebola in U.S. is in Texas, News breaking now....

Damn!!!!

Last edited:
Bad news. I watched part of the CDC press conference. This person was here visiting family that lived in Texas. It seems to me there is an incentive for people in Africa to somehow get to the US in order to take advantage of our medical care if they think they have ebola.

Last edited:
Bad news. I watched part of the CDC press conference. This person was here visiting family that lived in Texas. It seems to me there is an incentive for people in Africa to somehow get to the US in order to take advantage of our medical care if they think they have ebola.

They sure as hell aren't getting cured in Africa.

I think you missed the part where there is no cure. It's just a matter of keeping the patient alive long enough for their body to fight it off.

Like i posted in another similar thread,its coming to city near you soon.

Just my 2 cents.

I just bought one of those Bear Grylls survival kits and a jug of bleach. I'm going to go to Winnemucca this weekend and treat myself to some pussy before the shit hits the fan. Can you get EBOLA from eating pussy? I guess it's OK if they don't have symptoms?

I'm thinking we should just send all the Ebola cases to California so that they could enjoy more "cultural flavor" and "cultural enrichment".

QUOTE=BoilerUP;3339804]Patient tested positive for EVD, per the CDC.

Reportedly he was not symptomatic until after returning to the US, so hopefully possible exposure to others was limited.

I highly doubt that.

i just bought one of those bear grylls survival kits and a jug of bleach. I'm going to go to winnemucca this weekend and treat myself to some pussy before the shit hits the fan. Can you get ebola from eating pussy? I guess it's ok if they don't have symptoms?

lmao

I just bought one of those Bear Grylls survival kits and a jug of bleach. I'm going to go to Winnemucca this weekend and treat myself to some pussy before the shit hits the fan. Can you get EBOLA from eating pussy? I guess it's OK if they don't have symptoms?
If the bleach is for the pussy, well.....

No need for the bleach. it's all good. I suggest the "all you can eat buffett.

Eee mutha fuckin free bola. Guaarennteed.

Serious question; shouldn't this be the catalyst to at least have all international travel inbound/outbound suspended? Yes it would make some people pissed off but isn't the safety of the country more important then travel? Especially If you are coming from a place that is being ravaged by Ebola?

They treated one of the doctors that ebola here, in Omaha ne. I wasn't fond of the idea due to they were treating him here in a local hospital.

Whatever happened to quarantine and isolate? Either Ebola isn't "what it's made out to be in the media" Or have we changed the ways to isolate these issues?

I posted a thread about the Nebraska patient and I got a lot of defending responses of the action ( bringing him to the U.S. )

Maybe the outcome of this case you have posted will bring insight to how we will travel. Quite possibly more restrictions on air travel if more and more of this happens.

So far it's a "non issue". But then again, everything has a beginning and an end.

I saw those debates. Part of bringing these folks here was undoubtedly about getting familiar with treating the disease. So should YOU get the disease, they wouldn't be rookies at treating it. Something you wouldn't want if you got it.
Given that we live in an inter-connected world, they correctly assumed, at some point someone would fly in with it and potentially infect people here. Knowing how to treat it and getting first hand experience without the pressure of a national outbreak was paramount and a smart idea. The american people are becoming really fickle thinkers. This should never have been a controversy. Unfortunately everyone these days has an opinion, informed or not, and it's becoming less and less informed. Smart or not, everyone is an expert. Those people went through 8 years of grad school only to get challenged about their field of study by a majority of people who didn't go beyond a bachelors if not high school. And we wonder why the country is tanking.

Last edited:
As a concerned citizen, not as a sheep, I do have concerns.

If it's "new" to bring patients in, instead of "containment" then the officials should state it so. It wasn't too long ago that it was all about containment. If they are changing things, this is new territory. There is nothing wrong with questioning anyone above "my payscale."

To put me or others down to a level at what you describe is immature at the least.

This guy came from a country that has ebola. He came here "without" symptoms" then came up with symptoms, went to the hospital and went home for two days before going back to the hospital.

Obviously they are now scrambling to contact anyone who he has had contact with.

It doesn't take 8 years of grad school to figure something out.

This may be nothing, or they may miss someone who he had contact with. In any case He slipped past these "experts" in by flying in the United States and we'll see the outcome.
I'm no chicken little, however your "opinion" that we are tanking because we "question" is unfounded.

It doesn't take an expert to say the least that in the past it was about containment, containment, containment. And it wasn't contained and now it's in the United States.
The proof is in the pudding and I say we are not careful enough.

Again, he was walking about for 2 days without being quarantined and I have no degree. And now they are scrambling around to find everyone who he has had contact with. (if you haven't gotten it yet)

Serious question; shouldn't this be the catalyst to at least have all international travel inbound/outbound suspended? Yes it would make some people pissed off but isn't the safety of the country more important then travel? Especially If you are coming from a place that is being ravaged by Ebola?

Suspend ALL international travel? Really?

As a retired physician, I can say this is no BIG DEAL! Many other infectious diseases out there that can get you, which are much worse. Mortality rate not so great with proper treatment, even though "there is no cure (antibiotic)". Drinking and driving and, yes, guns kill many more people annually. Would you want someone to ban all guns? Wait I think that's already been tried. Chill.

PS-Ebola is not the Black Death. That is plague, which we live with here in the southwest and is now easily cured. This is not the 12th Century!

Last edited:
Everybody leaving Liberia has their temperature taken prior to getting on a plane as part of that country's containment protocols; this person did not yet have a fever at that time.

This development sucks, is it REALLY worth freaking the fuck out about for a single patient that (unfortunately) may have exposed a handful of others outside his immediate family?

Quarantine protocols exist to put people who have contacted this guy once symptomatic under observation for 21 days, and that protocol has been used in Senegal and Nigeria and has prevented any new diagnoses in those countries in over 21 days. If it works over there, it most certainly should work in Dallas.

There's no reason to knee-jerk your way into full Doomsday Prepper bug-out mode for a single case (or even a small cluster within his US contacts); this isn't Contagion, Outbreak, The Last Ship or The Stand...its an infectious disease that spreads only via bodily fluids.

Also: stopping ALL international travel to ALL locations for a single case (or even small cluster within the patient's close contacts) would be on the level of full-retard panic reaction that would have a devastating impact on our national and the global economy. That said, I don't think a medical quarantine for anybody that departed from Sierra Leone, Liberia or Guinea that lasts until 21 days from their departure from those countries would be unreasonable in the interest of public health & safety.

Keep your eye on happenings but don't panic - the sky isn't yet falling, gents.

As a retired physician, I can say this is no BIG DEAL! Many other infectious diseases out there that can get you, which are much worse. Mortality rate not so great with proper treatment, even though "there is no cure (antibiotic)". Drinking and driving and, yes, guns kill many more people annually. Would you want someone to ban all guns? Wait I think that's already been tried. Chill.

PS-Ebola is not the Black Death. That is plague, which we live with here in the southwest and is now easily cured. This is not the 12th Century!

My bad. Im not a expert on 3rd world diseases.

Everybody leaving Liberia has their temperature taken prior to getting on a plane as part of that country's containment protocols; this person did not yet have a fever at that time.

This development sucks, is it REALLY worth freaking the fuck out about for a single patient that (unfortunately) may have exposed a handful of others outside his immediate family?

Quarantine protocols exist to put people who have contacted this guy once symptomatic under observation for 21 days, and that protocol has been used in Senegal and Nigeria and has prevented any new diagnoses in those countries in over 21 days. If it works over there, it most certainly should work in Dallas.

There's no reason to knee-jerk your way into full Doomsday Prepper bug-out mode for a single case (or even a small cluster within his US contacts); this isn't Contagion, Outbreak, The Last Ship or The Stand...its an infectious disease that spreads only via bodily fluids.

Also: stopping ALL international travel to ALL locations for a single case (or even small cluster within the patient's close contacts) would be on the level of full-retard panic reaction that would have a devastating impact on our national and the global economy. That said, I don't think a medical quarantine for anybody that departed from Sierra Leone, Liberia or Guinea that lasts until 21 days from their departure from those countries would be unreasonable in the interest of public health & safety.

Keep your eye on happenings but don't panic - the sky isn't yet falling, gents.

While I am concerned, I tend to agree with all of this statment. It will be interesting to see this play out.

According to the news, he arrived in the US on Sept 20. He began to show signs of the disease on Sept. 24. He went to the hospital on Sept. 26 and was sent home. with antibiotics He was finally hospitalized on Sept 28th after his family called an ambulance for him.

What happened in those supposed 4 days he was symptomatic, and who rode in that ambulance before they diagnosed him with ebola is the scary part. I say supposed, because I think they are lying and the exposure is greater than they are letting on. Did he go to a mall? Did he go out to eat? Did he go to Walmart? My grocery store?

If they're sweating and having muscle convulsions before hand, pass. If they're sweating and having muscle convulsions during, you're doing it right. ;)

In the next six months, it's highly likely that more people will die in the US from the flu than from ebola. Should we suspend all international travel to contain that epidemic?

When it comes to my personal health, I'm far more worried about the effects of my poor diet and all the idiots who get behind the wheel of their cars everyday.

Hell yeah! Gives me a idea for the SHC 2015 prize table: 1st place gets 3 badass hookers and a quarter of blow. 2nd place gets one or the other. May as well have your fun while you can gents, I heard them Ebola zombie girls are some tough kills, apparently they consider themselves asexual creatures and dont really go for the whole cliche clean/healthy non-zombies like us anyway.

If their over their, they need to stay. If they travel their, they need to stay. It's common sense. I have no idea why people would travel their.

Just a friendly reminder.

Their is possessive. Have you seen their symptoms?
There is a location. I have no idea why people would travel there.
They're is a contraction of "they are". They're in trouble.

There is the one you were looking for.