• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Color.... tacky?

It’s different for everyone..my MK18 got really beat up/scratched up after years of hard use..I was going to rebarrel it and a buddy offered to cerakoat it for me..he did the upper/lower receiver, and rail disruptive grey, and everything else black.

It looks really good, but the first class I went to with it I felt dumb as hell..like an air softer or something

The first rifle I painted was my .22 AR that I used in our "tactical" .22 matches. I did it because I thought it would be pretty stupid on that rifle, so it was an ironic paint job. After I while I said... you know what would look even dumber?

1ED47949-D77E-431E-97E0-246E4AEACF8E.jpeg

Don't do that. ^
That lower and upper haven't been used together in years, so I'm getting ready to paint the lower again just because, something to do.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder ( or whom ever paid for it in this example)

I am tempted to dip another one with a wood grain though. Tell people it's a ghost gun and I made it myself. (carved from a tree near home, the tree was split open by lightning. "Wondergun")

I have a JP that they did for me in a grey very like the one you posted as a potential example. It's subtle, but super cool. It invariably gets some compliments at a match, so if you're an attention whore it should be perfect! I did another in bronze ceracoat, it's pretty awesome, too. I'm a fan of F1 racing, and the current Ferrari color scheme is dynamite. I'm pondering the idea of painting one up in Ferrari red and black just to be an even bigger attention whore.

Everyone knows that an AR10/15 just being the color black increases its lethality level. That's what makes them so EVIL.

Finished this one today. Too many hours applying and pulling stencils….lol.

Threw some blue titanium in the mix just ti be a little tacky I guess. Never really use traditional camo colors much.

C7D5ABBE-1976-428B-9565-E9DD26C8569A.jpeg
3A0EB734-9AF4-4D1D-A34F-9F29198CE3DE.jpeg
56616318-B76A-4369-8CB9-D848115DBB93.jpeg

Reactions: BLEE and ut755ln
Is this a kac?
If by “kac” you mean the venerable Knight’s Armament Co., then no. I wish I had so few GAFs to spray paint dicks on a KAC. That would really piss off the clone nerds.

If by “kac” you mean to describe the well-known English slang term for male genitalia or “cock,” then you would be correct.

If by “kac” you mean the venerable Knight’s Armament Co., then no. I wish I had so few GAFs to spray paint dicks on a KAC. That would really piss off the clone nerds.

If by “kac” you mean to describe the well-known English slang term for male genitalia or “cock,” then you would be correct.
Dude I couldn’t resist

Thoughts and opinions on painting or doing a cerakote on your rifles.

I was originally going to go a two tone black/FDE look but now I am thinking I want to do something a bit different. I don't want to go with super bright shiny neon colors, of course, but I have seen some VERY tasteful cerakote rifles online and wanted opinions to the matter. My idea now is a titanium blue for my lower/upper/handguard with black everywhere else.

What is the general consensus from the AR-15 group these days on coloring your rifles?
Why do you care?

Its only shows your insecurity that you give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

Time to become a man and stop worrying about what other people think.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Opinions on customizing AR-15 rifles with painting or cerakoting vary. Cerakote offers durability and color choices, while painting might be less durable. Many view custom finishes as a way to personalize their firearms. Tastefulness matters; subdued, coordinated colors are generally well-received. Resale value could be a concern, impacting appeal to potential buyers. Consider functionality and local regulations. Prioritize reliability over aesthetics.
https://paintsgeek.com/epoxy-primer-over-rust-pits-will-it-work/

Last edited:
Opinions on customizing AR-15 rifles with painting or cerakoting vary. Cerakote offers durability and color choices, while painting might be less durable. Many view custom finishes as a way to personalize their firearms. Tastefulness matters; subdued, coordinated colors are generally well-received. Resale value could be a concern, impacting appeal to potential buyers. Consider functionality and local regulations. Prioritize reliability over aesthetics.
Okay bot.

Thoughts and opinions on painting or doing a cerakote on your rifles.

I was originally going to go a two tone black/FDE look but now I am thinking I want to do something a bit different. I don't want to go with super bright shiny neon colors, of course, but I have seen some VERY tasteful cerakote rifles online and wanted opinions to the matter. My idea now is a titanium blue for my lower/upper/handguard with black everywhere else.

What is the general consensus from the AR-15 group these days on coloring your rifles?
Well, as long as its not chartreuse with hot pink detailing I think you'll be fine.

Really, people's taste in rifle appearance vary greatly...if there is something you want and like, well...you paid for the rifle and it should be exactly what you want it to be. Right?

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I have painted two of mine:
Pinestraw color and Wood color.
PXL_20210527_194532321_jpg-2176790 (2).jpeg

PXL_20221017_193147748_2_jpg-2566489 (2).jpeg

I also half painted a custom cherry stock with indigo ink and that was a trip to do.

Color, tacky…?

OK boyz, this year, colors of the rainbow, and accessorizing your outfit is in.

Focus on the boots. Always focus on the boots.