• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is S&B really outdated trash?!?!

Having owned 3 SWFA SS scopes over the last 10+ years (still have all 3, but only 2 still currently on rifles... And I now have my 4th Arken (3 SH4 Gen2's and 1 EP5) on order right now... The Arken beats the SWFA SS (non-HD models)...Hands-down. The SWFA turrets feel kind of "iffy" and "mushy" compared to the Arken turrets.

And the fact the Arken has a phenomenal and simple zero-stop, and SWFA still has yet to incorporate a ZS into their scopes for that price... I'd have to give it to the Arkens. The glass is even brighter and the FOV is better. I will give the SWFA 1 thing for sure... The eye box on the SWFA SS is not as tight, which is nice.
I’m talking about ability to hold zero and track. Btw I’ve heard of someone bending the turret on an swfa and it worked just fine. Same with the NF ATACR. It’s long winded but at some point there he says that he bent the turret jumping up and down on the scope and it works just fine. (ATACR is what I’m talking about )

Reactions: Gohring65
I would bet 100$ you couldn’t beat on the swfa turrets like they did the Arken. The swfa has the skinny brass dowel for the turret interface.
I can’t count how many swfa scopes I’ve had. Definitely over 10.
We get it bro, you’re fully erect for arken

Or you just can’t afford optics not made in China

We get it bro, you’re fully erect for arken
Or you just can’t afford optics not made in China
I only have one Arken. If you’d see most of my Arken post, I can be pretty critical. I really have a thing for spreading misinformation and trolling douche bag scope lickers. You should check out some of my post, since I pretty sure your about to be enlightened.

I only have one Arken. If you’d see most of my Arken post, I can be pretty critical. I really have a thing for spreading misinformation and trolling douche bag scope lickers. You should check out some of my post, since I pretty sure your about to be enlightened.

I’ve read your posts, your a troll

You were born in ‘78 but it sounds like ‘08

You scope lickers still haven’t put your money where your mouth is. Come on here assuming people can’t afford anything, muther fuckers my diesel fuel bill this week will probably be more than 3 ZCOs.

I’ve read your posts, your a troll

You were born in ‘78 but it sounds like ‘08
It’s all by design fan boi
I truly believe you snobs need it. I can be a nice guy, but I reserve it for serious threads. This turned into a shit hole early so I’m rolling with it.

Arken and Arken Fanbois, making Valdada look like not such a bad deal after all...
Well, I admit that this thread Had been entertaining. Not enlightening, mind you, but entertaining enough. By the title alone, it was destined to be a train wreck and it didn’t disappoint.

Thanks to all of the cast members, crew, and support staff that made this production possible. 👍🏻

You scope lickers still haven’t put your money where your mouth is. Come on here assuming people can’t afford anything, muther fuckers my diesel fuel bill this week will probably be more than 3 ZCOs.

China thanks you for your patronage, big shot 🙂

Well, I admit that this thread Had been entertaining. Not enlightening, mind you, but entertaining enough. By the title alone, it was destined to be a train wreck and it didn’t disappoint.

Thanks to all of the cast members, crew, and support staff that made this production possible. 👍🏻
It has been fun, then you get a serious dude come in here and get bent out of shape cause some of us are trashing their favorite brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
I can’t say I’ve ever licked a scope by any brand, is running your tongue over phallic shape objects another Arken thing?
No, it’s the snobs that lick their finger and wipe the dirt off of their China supporting Razor Gen 2. Most of you claim they are all mighty and durable, but you treat it like it’s a dozen eggs.
SKOpE lickers is very fitting.

Boy this thread sure went off the rails…
It got messed up early, so I think everyone just kinda used it to humorously offend, and kinda sorta get along. Can’t take non of this seriously.
We all know S&B is one of the best. But it’s still fun to get the snobby cry babies fired up. It’s just a tool.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Well, I mean she's no Quigley Ford, but it'll do in a pinch.
4mm50y.jpg

A 10 or 20 year old Porsche is still a Porsche.

Does a new Kia Rio have some better features? Probably.
Is it better? Not a chance!

S&B has been is business longer than some of the other companies owners have been alive. Must be doing something right.

Hey boys,

I’m getting back into PRS and F-Class shooting after taking about a ten year break in any competition.
My three rifles I use for distance have Mil/Mil Schmidt Bender 5-25X56 optics; albeit with P4F reticles.

I’ve been told multiple times by shooters using Burris, Vortex, and Bushnell optics that S&B are outdated.

How can this be? Are there shooters now who really believe Asian market made optics are superior, or have I just been conversing with the “jUsT aS gOoDs?”

Thanks guys, and Happy New Year! 🤙🏽
View attachment 7773156
S

Hey boys,

I’m getting back into PRS and F-Class shooting after taking about a ten year break in any competition.
My three rifles I use for distance have Mil/Mil Schmidt Bender 5-25X56 optics; albeit with P4F reticles.

I’ve been told multiple times by shooters using Burris, Vortex, and Bushnell optics that S&B are outdated.

How can this be? Are there shooters now who really believe Asian market made optics are superior, or have I just been conversing with the “jUsT aS gOoDs?”

View attachment 7773156
In simple terms, if it worked 10yrs ago, it will likely work for you now.

Reactions: Gohring65
Hey boys,

View attachment 7773156
If you decide to toss them, let me send you my address.

I've got Vortex and Nightforce but dream of budgeting in some European glass.

I love my S&B, especially when everyone using the other "Top Brands" cannot distinguish the targets in the trees; it's right there, how do you not see it?
I have a bit older us optics and i can totally relate. No idea how it compares to a s&b for clarity but its better than everything else ive looked though. Friend didnt believe me that i could tell there was barbed wire on a fence a good way out there. Looked through his and you couldnt even see the wire let alone little balls every so often. Same magnification just better glass.

Reactions: Bakwa
Hey boys,

View attachment 7773156
if it worked for you then, is still in good shape, should still work for you now.......1000 yds didnt get any longer over the past 10 yrs

You guys are welcome to send me one of each scopes mentioned, I will test, and write an honest review.
You might not get the best one back :devilish:
As for recoil, put it on a 303 Enfield....

to be outdated trash is stupid to say. but...

S&B reticles are not suited to fast shooting by reticle like in PRS/NRL; imho. And they dont have scope for BR/F-Class (12-50 is NOT good for this).

everything else is tier-1.

so if you dont need scope for this stuff, S&B is among your first choice.

I would not say so.

I acquired a S&B 5-45x56 PM II High Power FFP Tremor3 DT27 MTC LT / ST ZC 0.1 mrad ccw black riflescope last year to go with my new AX50 ELR and could not be happier.

It is by far the finest riflescope I have ever had.
You’d be far happier without that reticle. I promise.

Hey boys,

View attachment 7773156
I have used just about every high end scope at one time or the other. My two favorites currently are the S&B 5-25 and the Nightforce
Hey boys,

View attachment 7773156
I have owned just about every high end scope at one time or the other. Currently I am using the two I like the best, the S&B 5-25 and the Nightforce Atacr 7-35. I have always thought highly of the S&B, principally because of the glass and the fact that PL fine reticle is the one that I have always liked the most. In addition I have found the More Tactical Clicks MTC option to be quite useful in dialing for elevation without having to look at the knob. To an extent I think scopes are personal, but in no way would I dismiss the S&B despite its age.