• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is social distancing/quarantine being enforced by PD/sheriff in your AO?

heronblue7

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2019
Are social distancing rules being enforced in your AO?

Have you or your family been approached by law enforcement regarding these rules?

Any crazy stories from friends regarding corona gestapo lockdown?

I had a friend get pulled over by CHP (California) with a friend in his car driving to go fishing. The officer threatened to ticket them both since they did not live in the same household. He ended up giving them a warning.

Another friend was hassled for fishing in Long Beach harbor with a friend in his boat. They said they were too close together on his 24' boat with one person on each end.

School superintendent sent an email asking why he was seeing groups of kids walking around together. Since then local PD been patrolin' breaking up groups.

Idk if they are stopping vehicles, but I doubt it.

Will probably need a "multipass" before too long...

Reactions: CSGambill
No. From what I'm seeing in my state most PDs are dialing back and only responding to active 911 calls. My son's chief has ordered the dept. to not bother people about social distancing, and use common sense. So around here, police are actually practicing their own distancing...definitely not bothering people.

FL is leaving it up to businesses and IMO the businesses and citizens are doing an excellent job for the most part. Publix for 2-3 weeks now has been closing early to clean the store, most small store fronts (that are still open) that I’ve been in have posted signs outside for the last few weeks limiting the number of people in the store and 99% of the people out and about seem to be being responsible and policing themselves. I think this has a lot to do with why our governor has been relaxed about stay at home orders. The biggest thing was getting all these spring breakers out of here and keeping the New Yorkers from flooding in. His most recent EO actually overrides county and city’s decisions for some bullshit measures they’ve put in place.

Took the Shelby out a few nights ago for some fun and didn’t see a single officer anywhere, very little traffic too. Probably going back out again tonight.

Here in Fort Bragg/ Fayetteville area, people are still burning up the roads. No way all of these folks are essential. And we have a “curfew”. 2100-0500...

The county sheriff here has been chill. A deputy rolled up on our little bike riding group at the local trailhead, thanked us for maintaining appropriate spacing and not littering, and moved on to presumably more important things.

The county sheriff here has been chill. A deputy rolled up on our little bike riding group at the local trailhead, thanked us for maintaining appropriate spacing and not littering, and moved on to presumably more important things.
Dont mean to steal the thread, bud what do you ride? I’m currently on a 19’ Stumpjumper 27.5”

Dont mean to steal the thread, bud what do you ride? I’m currently on a 19’ Stumpjumper 27.5”

I've got more bikes than some people here have guns.

Head into the Fitness sub-forum; there are a few bike-related threads. We have a number of members who are cyclists.

Reactions: Slambert008
My wife said that a sheriff's deputy was reading"the riot act" to a couple of teenagers in the grocery store parking lot yesterday. We assume it was over social distancing.

No. From what I'm seeing in my state most PDs are dialing back and only responding to active 911 calls. My son's chief has ordered the dept. to not bother people about social distancing, and use common sense. So around here, police are actually practicing their own distancing...definitely not bothering people.

Same here

Reactions: ShooterwithNoName
Took the Shelby out a few nights ago for some fun and didn’t see a single officer anywhere, very little traffic too. Probably going back out again tonight.

Last Sunday I had enough of being home so jumped in the car to find some twisties to rip. Ended up over an hour and a half away in northern KY and came back about 5 hrs later. I think I saw one trooper the entire time and he was helping someone with car trouble.

I might get up early tomorrow to find out how fast the new car will go. I did a short pull the other day and ended up at 115 before I had to slow up for traffic. I think it's limited to 125 or so, bu Hondata will fix that.

Are social distancing rules being enforced in your AO?

Have you or your family been approached by law enforcement regarding these rules?

Any crazy stories from friends regarding corona gestapo lockdown?
Nope. Have not seen the paid law much, except parked along the rd looking for the stupid. However it's much quieter/nicer now that every one is carrying. Not many raised voices or acts of stupid'ness either.

There was a small group, I'm guessing 10 or 12 guys, who got together last weekend for an informal match on private property.

Local PD showed up and told them they were reported for not practicing social distancing.

Cop was kind of an asshole about it.

For you rebels out there that seek every opportunity to resist authority, regardless of whether you should act as ordered by your own reasoning and for your own good, let me tell you a story our high school math teacher used to introduce exponential functions.

A wise man was asked by the emperor how much grain he would like to receive for services rendered to the emperor. The wise man requested that one grain of rice be put on the first square of a chessboard and the amount should be doubled on the next square until all squares are covered. One grain on the first square, two on the next, four on the third, and so on. After consulting with his educated advisers the emperor refused the innocent looking deal. If he had accepted the proposal, he would have had to mortgage the solar system to pay the wise man off.

Most folks who work with computers will know that on square 8 you will have 255 grains. By square 16 that amount has increased to 65,535. After another 8 squares (at square 24) the number has risen to 16,777,215 (sixteen million and change). Eight more squares later , on square 32, we have 4,294,967,295. That's over 4 BILLION. Long story short, it would take roughly one millennium of the world's rice production to fill the entire 64 squares of the chess board.

Before you play "tough guy" or "big mouth", let these numbers of exponential growth sink in and realize that the SARS-CoV-2 virus we are dealing with has a infection rate larger than the example above UNLESS we practice social distancing, wear respiratory protection, and practice good hygiene.

Please do not interpret the current global crisis as a plot for a new world order or some other political stunt you feel (rightfully) compelled to resist. The number of dead people is for real and it will double roughly every 3 days at our current behavior. If you do not believe that, write today's number down and check again in 3 days. If it takes a day or two more to double, great. But remember that it took only 24 steps on the chessboard to get to 16+ million.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE as much as possible and AND WEAR PPE when in public places. And have some confidence that after we are through this challenge, there will be much fewer people keen on living in urban ghettos and marching in goose step to some political dogma. The world will be a better place after this. Emptier, humbler, and more self-reliant. At least for a while and only for those who survive this pandemic.

Last edited:
so WTF is going on? are the non-essential stay at home policies MANDATORY or SUGGESTIONS?

or I guess that depends on the state or local government?

Reactions: gunman_7
For you rebels out there that seek every opportunity to resist authority, regardless of whether you should act as ordered by your own reasoning and for your own good, let me tell you a story our high school math teacher used to introduce exponential functions.

A wise man was asked by the emperor how much grain he would like to receive for services rendered to the emperor. The wise man requested that one grain of rice be put on the first square of a chessboard and the amount should be doubled on the next square until all squares are covered. One grain on the first square, two on the next, four on the third, and so on. After consulting with his educated advisers the emperor refused the innocent looking deal. If he had accepted the proposal, he would have had to mortgage the solar system to pay the wise man off.

Most folks who work with computers will know that on square 8 you will have 255 grains. By square 16 that amount has increased to 65,535. After another 8 squares (at square 24) the number has risen to 16,777,215 (sixteen million and change). Eight more squares later , on square 32, we have 4,294,967,295. That's over 4 BILLION. Long story short, it would take roughly one millennium of the world's rice production to fill the entire 64 squares of the chess board.

Before you play "tough guy" or "big mouth", let these numbers of exponential growth sink in and realize that the SARS-CoV-2 virus we are dealing with has a infection rate larger than the example above UNLESS we practice social distancing, wear respiratory protection, and practice good hygiene.

Please do not interpret the current global crisis as a plot for a new world order or some other political stunt you feel (rightfully) compelled to resist. The number of dead people is for real and it will double roughly every 3 days at our current behavior. If you do not believe that, write today's number down and check again in 3 days. If it takes a day or two more to double, great. But remember that it took only 24 steps on the chessboard to get to 16+ million.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE as much as possible and AND WEAR PPE when in public places. And have some confidence that after we are through this challenge, there will be much fewer people keen on living in urban ghettos and marching in goose step to some political dogma. The world will be a better place after this. Emptier, humbler, and more self-reliant. At least for a while and only for those who survive this pandemic.

Then, there is the case of the paddleboarder in Malibu that was alone, on a paddleboard, in the middle of a big body of water, but was arrested because he wasn’t cowering under his bedsheets at home...

Last Sunday I had enough of being home so jumped in the car to find some twisties to rip. Ended up over an hour and a half away in northern KY and came back about 5 hrs later. I think I saw one trooper the entire time and he was helping someone with car trouble.

I might get up early tomorrow to find out how fast the new car will go. I did a short pull the other day and ended up at 115 before I had to slow up for traffic. I think it's limited to 125 or so, bu Hondata will fix that.

Same here in WV... I'm driving an hour and a half one way to work every day and back. I haven't seen any sign of LE hassling anyone. The roads aren't nearly as busy as normal but still quite a few out and about.

I've seen more DOT pulling semi's than anything else. The semi traffic seems to have picked up around here too. I haven't heard of anyone getting so much as a word from LE so far.

Then, there is the case of the paddleboarder in Malibu that was alone, on a paddleboard, in the middle of a big body of water, but was arrested because he wasn’t cowering under his bedsheets at home...
As soon as the ripping wind calms down, I will drop my boat in the water and go crabbing. While recreational boating is prohibited in MD, they made an exemption for "feeding yourself and family". The concern is not being on the boat/kayak/paddleboard but the inevitable social contact at marinas and launch ramps for those who do not live on the water.

I left that shit hole Northern Virginia 15 years ago when I saw the writing on the wall. My wife and I purposely chose a state with a small population and small government. We chose a very rural area to live.

Unlike most larger areas, the cops around here are not armed tax collectors for the state. Our area is too big and there are too few cops around for them to do any enforcing of bullshit "Stay at Home" orders. I see a cop car maybe once or twice a month in our area. Exactly how I like it. Don't need or want the state security forces around me.

I left that shit hole Northern Virginia 15 years ago when I saw the writing on the wall. My wife and I purposely chose a state with a small population and small government. We chose a very rural area to live.

Unlike most larger areas, the cops around here are not armed taxed collectors for the state. Our area is too big and there are too few cops around for them to do any enforcing of bullshit "Stay at Home" orders. I see a cop car maybe once or twice a month in our area. Exactly how I like it. Don't need or want the state security forces around me.

That's funny I left the Richmond VA area 14 years ago for exactly the same reason. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Reactions: Arc Light
As soon as the ripping wind calms down, I will drop my boat in the water and go crabbing. While recreational boating is prohibited in MD, they made an exemption for "feeding yourself and family". The concern is not being on the boat/kayak/paddleboard but the inevitable social contact at marinas and launch ramps for those who do not live on the water.
Social distancing concerns on a boat ramp? WTF? That's funny right there. Of course, we also have the mayor of Chicago warning residents not to go for walks or ride bikes- with the threat of police intervention... "Outside is for a brief respite, not for 5ks." Really, a 5k is a warm up. it IS a short run. It's noting on a bike.

We are currently under a mandatory lock in or shelter in place. They do not want to see the people out unless it is for necessities such as groceries, medications, food, etc. They are threatening us with them having random checkpoints and asking anyone who goes through there why they are out, etc.

However, I have not seen a single checkpoint and the city seems to have regular traffic during the day. At night though, it is a ghost town. Very few cars on the road and those that are, are being pulled over left and right. I saw this two nights ago when I went out to pickup dinner.

Employers are being asked to give mployees some sort of excuse if they are needed to head out to the road for anything work related.

We are currently under a mandatory lock in or shelter in place. They do not want to see the people out unless it is for necessities such as groceries, medications, food, etc. They are threatening us with them having random checkpoints and asking anyone who goes through there why they are out, etc.

However, I have not seen a single checkpoint and the city seems to have regular traffic during the day. At night though, it is a ghost town. Very few cars on the road and those that are, are being pulled over left and right. I saw this two nights ago when I went out to pickup dinner.

Employers are being asked to give mployees some sort of excuse if they are needed to head out to the road for anything work related.

I lived in Corpus for years and still have friends there on Barracuda and out in the Bluff. Its always been really cop heavy, dont know exactly why, but they're not Mr. Nice Guys. Do you remember a guy named Henry Castro? A true POS. Used to love fucking with the kids and then got busted for selling the heroin they confiscated.

Nothing yet, not in Chicago though.
Talked to a few officers and I think they don't want to stop anyone as they may have the "Rona".

R

I lived in Corpus for years and still have friends there on Barracuda and out in the Bluff. Its always been really cop heavy, dont know exactly why, but they're not Mr. Nice Guys. Do you remember a guy named Henry Castro? A true POS. Used to love fucking with the kids and then got busted for selling the heroin they confiscated.

I should have probably mentioned that what I described is not in corpus. I'm in a little small border town right now but I do go back to corpus a lot. Just not permanently living there at the moment.

I don't think I recall that dude lol but man, I don't doubt that one bit. I never really liked corpus that much, too much ratchet ass shit going on.

Reactions: Maggot
Fuck chess I play for keeps

Last time I checked governments have killed far more people than the wuhan virus.

I’ll take my chances before giving up my liberty and following the kings orders that are there to “protect” me.
The sad part is that it takes 'King's men' to get sense into people, to get them to do what is the only available and obvious defense we currently have against further, rapid spread of this disease.

Let me put the current pandemic in a different, personal perspective. Two of my hobbies are aviation and technical/cave diving. Both endeavors are considered by insurance companies as high risk activities. Do you think that I would pursue these activities if the mortality rate would be 1% or even 0.1%? One fatality per 100 or 1000 flights or dives? Hell, no. I would be long dead if that were the case.

Regular flue has a mortality rate of about 0.1% but not everyone gets it and it does not spread globally as fast as SARS-CoV-2 does currently. The mortality for Covid-19, a different disease caused by an entirely different virus, could be north of 1% depending on how badly the health systems get overwhelmed. There is no known immunity among homo sapiens and it is spreading like a wildfire globally. To play chicken with something like that is orders of magnitude above my risk tolerance.

Proper risk management needs to take into account BOTH the probability of an undesirable event AND the consequences of that undesirable event. Continuing to mingle intensely and unprotected with other people, some of which will inevitably be asymptomatic carriers, will almost guarantee infection. Then, it's down to roughly a 1 in 100 chance of croaking and roughly a 3 in 100 chance of surviving with severely reduced vital capacity.

So if the KIng's Men would tell me tomorrow to go partying in town because the economy needs it, I would say "F-U". I am staying away from other people not because of orders but because I do not want to have to shoot my two dogs before I have to call 911, which at that point may as well be the number of the morgue. Got it?

Trust me, the survivors of this pandemic will have enough opportunity and reason to discuss what the BOR really means. I would prefer to have a say then.

I hear from family that it is getting kinda intense in the Northeast.

Cops going door to door asking about travel history in some wealthy enclave beach communities.

NY plates are getting turned around at the FL border.

NY plates are getting pulled over and interrogated in most New England states.

Basketball courts are shut down in the 5 Burroughs

All construction sites are shut down in MI

No he was arrested for violating a closure order.

Yesterday I got a Maricopa County sheriff deputy to admit that short of congress enacting martial law there isn't a damn thing they can do to tell us where to go or not go. That being said I'm still staying the fuck away from people.

No he was arrested for violating a closure order.

Semantics. They closed everything SO you will cower under your bedsheets.

It's absolute anarchy around my place. I just saw one of our officers beating a local.
The kings men are boored and looking for blood.
tenor (9).gif

How about this: life involves risk. Life can also suck, shit happens to good and bad people all the fucking time. Millions of people day EVERY DAY on this blue ball we live on.

True, I would not willingly go and party with a group of COVID-19 infected people. But I'm not willing to live like a hermit for the next year just because I might contract the Chinese virus. In almost 50 years on this earth, I've managed to avoid serious injury and illness. I didn't need the government holding my hand and telling when to cross the street. I'm willing to take my chances. Living in fear is no way to live imho.

The sad part is that it takes 'King's men' to get sense into people, to get them to do what is the only available and obvious defense we currently have against further, rapid spread of this disease.

Let me put the current pandemic in a different, personal perspective. Two of my hobbies are aviation and technical/cave diving. Both endeavors are considered by insurance companies as high risk activities. Do you think that I would pursue these activities if the mortality rate would be 1% or even 0.1%? One fatality per 100 or 1000 flights or dives? Hell, no. I would be long dead if that were the case.

Regular flue has a mortality rate of about 0.1% but not everyone gets it and it does not spread globally as fast as SARS-CoV-2 does currently. The mortality for Covid-19, a different disease caused by an entirely different virus, could be north of 1% depending on how badly the health systems get overwhelmed. There is no known immunity among homo sapiens and it is spreading like a wildfire globally. To play chicken with something like that is orders of magnitude above my risk tolerance.

Proper risk management needs to take into account BOTH the probability of an undesirable event AND the consequences of that undesirable event. Continuing to mingle intensely and unprotected with other people, some of which will inevitably be asymptomatic carriers, will almost guarantee infection. Then, it's down to roughly a 1 in 100 chance of croaking and roughly a 3 in 100 chance of surviving with severely reduced vital capacity.

So if the KIng's Men would tell me tomorrow to go partying in town because the economy needs it, I would say "F-U". I am staying away from other people not because of orders but because I do not want to have to shoot my two dogs before I have to call 911, which at that point may as well be the number of the morgue. Got it?

Trust me, the survivors of this pandemic will have enough opportunity and reason to discuss what the BOR really means. I would prefer to have a say then.
quit watching CNN

virus camps.jpg