• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Penicilin"

The Russians are using a passive acoustic location system that operates like the Shotspotter systems used by LE domestically; using a raised beam mounted on mobile platforms that is completely passive giving off no signals

Much harder to find compared to Ukr active radar used to locate Rus pipes

So Ukr radar & artillery positions get hit a lot more; huge R advantage

In some areas (ie Bahmut?) the Ukr pipes are outnumbered 9:1
Same as the boomerang system we used on our trucks in Afghanistan.....

Doc

I remember reading that they had some serious weaknesses. As well some Leopards got wasted fairly easily in Turkey during the attempted coup de' ta. Would be interesting to find out what the deal is, or if that's actually real.
They were leopard2A4 without era iirc, 1980’s tech that dies to heat.
The Turks had no supporting infantry and didn’t even deploy smoke when ISIS started firing missiles, I’m not sure if the tanks even returned fire.
I had heard one was destroyed by a vbied but not sure.

Current model is A7 which the Turks tried to blackmail the German government into supply/upgrading.

In February 2017, German-Turkish dual-citizen Deniz Yücel, a correspondent for periodical Die Welt, was arrested by Turkish authorities, ostensibly for being a pro-Kurdish spy. His detention caused outrage in Germany.

Ankara pointedly let it be known that if a Leopard 2 upgrade were allowed to proceed, Yücel would be released back to Germany.

Last edited:
You know why there's a rank structure in the military? Because you can't stick a bunch of privates in a tank and expect it to be effective. Especially if everything is labeled in a foreign language.

But yeah, give them all the tanks they need!! As stated earlier, it'll be a great scrap yard for recycling

this is from an email I sent to friends, figured Hiders are my "friends" given that people say on social media "I have 2000+ friends!"

Sh*t, in real life I have fewer friends than I have toes:

Start from the earliest August post and work your way up

I am a HUGE fan of this guy, for his clear and detailed analysis; trigger warning: he is pro-Russki

Sharing in. Case anyone else Is interested in this stuff

I still remember when the Berlin Wall came down, the Challenger exploded, and 9/11. As a fan of WW2 history the current amount of data in the world on this war is staggering… ly bad. Like the worst misinformation campaign possible. Some article said they're using military AI for Covid "misinformation" suppression; makes sense to do it for the Russo/Ukrainian war as well.

The Infographics Show on Youtube is literally a propaganda arm of the US gov. So tired of people telling me what they know about this war... and I can finish their quotes based on that stupid channel.

I linked to Montemayor’s YouTube page as well if you like to learn about WW2 historical naval battles. he does a nice job with those

https://bigserge.substack.com/p/the-russo-ukrainian-war

https://bigserge.substack.com/archive?sort=new

https://www.youtube.com/@MontemayorChannel/videos

c13aab4f-f4fa-4317-a097-ec0b4befb29b_text.gif

It's in the field manual.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
What do you consider the people that fall in line underneath him? Seems like the entirety of gov personnel are traitors it a man considers the whole scope of the situation.
A state only functions when people do their duty. Republicanism means choosing leaders democratically. It does not mean functionality by committee. There is an amount of following orders is that is necessary, as is also a fraction of the current bureaucracy. This is reality. You always paint with too broad a brush, and deal in absolutes. I always admire where you're coming from even if I don't agree with you.

Reactions: RPN
Countdown to WWIII.

The WWIII headline was all over Drudge this morning. So was an article, that can’t seem to find, about us increasing ARTY production by 500% to support Ukraine.

This shit has potential to get even more interesting really quickly

It's interesting that the NATO code name is Krypton. I'm not a marvel fan, but I know what kryptonite is.

RUSSIAN KH-31PD ANTI-RADIATION MISSILE CAN DEFEAT U.S. PATRIOT SYSTEMS, MANUFACTURE SAYS​

Support SouthFrontPDF Download
Russian Kh-31PD Anti-Radiation Missile Can Defeat U.S. Patriot Systems, Manufacture Says
Russian Kh-31-missile (NATO-code: AS-17 Krypton) attached to the left wing of a Russian fighter aircraft, displayed at the MAKS Airshow 2003. Taken on 22 August 2003 by Wikimedia user (Panther).
Russia’s Kh-31PD anti-radiation missile can defeat the American MIM-104 Patriot air defense system, CEO of the manufacturer, Tactical Missiles Corporation, Boris Obnosov told TASS on January 26.
“The Kh-31PD missile flies at a high speed of over Mach 3, at over 1,000 meters per second to strike enemy air defenses. It was necessary to design it to reach a technologically new level, arrange its production and upgrade it so that it can effectively cope with its objectives. This weapon can win duel battles with the Patriot system,” the chief executive said.
Obnosov, who received the title of Hero of Russia last year, added that the advanced missile is the corporation’s and his personal pride.
The United States, Germany and the Netherlands are set to deliver three Patriot batteries to Ukraine, where Russia is currently counducting a special military operation.
The batteries will reportedly be armed with a mix of PAC-3 hit-to-kill active missiles to intercept ballistic missiles, with a range of 30-60 kilometers only, and PAC-2 blast fragmentation warhead semi-active missiles to counter aircraft threats with a range of up to 160 kilometers.
On the other side, the Kh-31PD, which entered mass production in 2012, has a maximum engagement range of up to 250 kilometers.
The missile is equipped with a passive seeker that features a unique antenna consisting of an interferometer array of seven spiral antennas mounted on a steerable platform. The seeker can detect, locate and lock on a range of radar types. The missile guidance is also aided by an inertial navigation system.
The Kh-31PD, which is armed with a 110 kg warhead, can be fitted to almost any of Russia’s tactical fighter jets, from the Mig-29 to the Su-34, Su-35 and the Mig-31.
The Russian military has been using the Kh-31PD to hunt down Ukrainian air defenses with much success, since the start of its special operation there nearly a year ago.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has already vowed to “knock down” Patriot system once delivered to Ukraine. Obnosov’s remarks to TASS shed light on one of several advanced systems the Russian military could use to successfully achieve this objective.

• Wow
Reactions: theLBC
Has the Wagner Group met their Götterdämmerung

Russia’s ‘Elite’ Shadow Army Edges Into Complete Collapse​

Story by Shannon Vavra • 4h ago
Tens of thousands of fighters rounded up to fight in Ukraine for Wagner Group, the Russian private mercenary fighting corps, have gone missing or died, according to a Russian non-governmental organization.
Mikhail Svetlov/Getty Images© Provided by The Daily Beast
While Wagner Group recruited approximately 50,000 fighters in recent months, including from prisons, only 10,000 fighters remain fighting at the front for Wagner, Olga Romanova, the head of Russia Behind Bars, told My Russian Rights, according to The Moscow Times.

“According to our data, 42-43 thousand [prisoners] were recruited by the end of December. Now they are, most likely, already over 50,000,” Romanova said. “Of these, 10,000 are fighting at the front, because all the rest are either killed… or missing, or deserted, or surrendered.”
The statistic cited is just the latest indication that Wagner’s fighting force is falling apart in Ukraine, even as Russia works to secure wins on the battlefield almost one year since the invasion of Ukraine.
Wagner Group fighters have been involved in the heavy fighting in Soledar in recent weeks, a town in which Russia has claimed victory. Wagner has also been largely responsible for gains made in Bakhmut nearby, “at an extraordinary cost,” given that many of the Wagner recruits had minimal training since Wagner recruited 40,000 convicts, John Kirby, a White House National Security Council coordinator, told reporters last week.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky hinted at the dramatic losses the Russians are sustaining in Soledar in a recent speech as well.
“The area near Soledar is covered with corpses of the invaders,” Zelensky said. “This is what madness looks like.”
The U.S. Department of Defense has also assessed that Russian forces and Wagner have both suffered a tremendous amount of losses.
The ones that survive, will defect to our SB and become righteous citizens of the now defunct US of A. Mac

Last edited:
more of my tax dollars getting blown up.

Stripes Bill Murray Blown Up Sir Gif GIF | Gfycat

I'll give the hohols credit for one thing though. they can run. holy shit those fuckers scatter like cockroaches.

• Wow
Reactions: theLBC and pineoak
Reactions: Darayavaus
Serious questions for you guys more versed in Geopolitical behavior/patterns. Clearly US, EU, NATO are pushing to go "hot" against Russia. So, when US troops are "officially" (as opposed to clandestinely) on the ground in Ukraine - will Russia respond FIRST with 1) tactical nuke to Ukraine, or 2) elevated conventional warfare in Ukraine, possible 3) tactical nuke to DC?

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Serious questions for you guys more versed in Geopolitical behavior/patterns. Clearly US, EU, NATO are pushing to go "hot" against Russia. So, when US troops are "officially" (as opposed to clandestinely) on the ground in Ukraine - will Russia respond FIRST with 1) tactical nuke to Ukraine, or 2) elevated conventional warfare in Ukraine, possible 3) tactical nuke to DC?
my knee jerk thoughts:

I do not believe we are pushing to go "hot" with Russia. The goal was to grind R down economically and militarily, isolating them economically and hurting their economy & using up their supplies to make them less of a threat so we don't end up fighting with 2 near peers simultaneously should we go kinetic with China over Taiwan or any reason in the future. Take out the smaller threat, then engage the larger one from US perspective. #2 & #3 vs #1 is a very old concept

reference this old paper:

Except R is energy independent, and more self sufficient as a country than US or other Western allies so the sanctions aren't working except to fast forward the move away from US dollar dominance and pushing BRICS and other alliances forward that are not under the US thumb. Oil producers, China, India, etc. They use a lot of lower tech stuff, especially because we sanctioned them from getting the advanced chips produced outside of R needed for higher tech equipment. They don't seem to be running out of artillery shells or long rang missiles like we believed they would, at least at this time.

R has been fighting a very controlled war with more strategy and precision than the Western media would give them credit for. I believe R is somewhat ambivalent to whether this "war" continues or stops where it is.

They achieved their goals of "freeing" Russian areas from Ukrainian rule and at this point want a buffer zone and guarantees NATO won't come at them again and that would be an overall "win" for R. Hard for them to believe any guarantees as this point given that in 2014 the Minsk Agreements were admittedly only a ruse to give Ukraine time to receive training and weapons from NATO to harden Ukraine against Russian incursion.

But given the way sanctions and the energy flow is happening, Russia isn't really losing much of anything as it finds new buyers for their stuff. The western allies like the EU are suffering economically and NATO is literally sending ALL their military hardware to Ukraine in the hope of keeping the war/front line/fighting IN Ukraine and not in Poland, etc.

At some point, the EU is going to wake up and realize they got f*cked by the US into a war in which they are giving up everything and now have the privilege of paying far more to the US for LNG transported by ships across water instead of R natural gas directly from pipes. The common theory is that the UK and Norway? teamed up to blow the Nordstream Pipeline to prevent EU from giving up and making peace. This in effect burned the ships to ensure they stay on the course we wanted. When the Nordstream 2 pipeline was being built, the US and Germany were pushing to stop it as it would have increased Europe's dependency on R natural gas.

I do not believe R will escalate dramatically as it has demonstrated so far that they are not looking to end the world. From what my personal R & U friends have both agreed on is that if R's existence is threatened, they would rather end the world along with the end of R than to allow the world to exist without a R. We are not nearly there yet and would leave that concern on a backburner simmering for now.

There is no need for a tacN in U at this time given their standard artillery is decimating everything they want on the battlefield now. R has stated that NATO should not use depleted uranium rounds in the tanks to be shipped as that will negatively affect the ground it is used on.

If NATO pushes into R proper, pre 2022 borders, I suspect if R can't win by conventional means, they will use ANY means necessary to defend themselves including attacking CONUS in a non-nuclear manner as a warning prior.

Honestly, I'm not sure that 1. Ukraine will have enough bodies to throw at R for much longer without supplementing with NATO troops & 2. without directly engaging R as a full NATO force I'm not convinced we have much more to give U

I think we're looking at less than 200 tanks total (3 different models), and now sending F16s. The only real winners from this are the companies making shells, planes, tanks, MIC, etc.

The true losers are the cannon fodder and families/loved ones from Ukraine and Russia that have lost people, lives, homes, etc to this conflict.

And American taxpayers who are funding this sh*t. Apparently being trillions of $ in debt isn't good enough. Need to BORROW more $ to ship to Ukraine.

What about our VA hospitals? Our homeless American population? Our disabled Americans? Why is my $ going to a foreign country to be used to buy weapons to kill human beings that aren't threatening our shores?

this is from an email I sent to friends, figured Hiders are my "friends" given that people say on social media "I have 2000+ friends!"

I am a HUGE fan of this guy, for his clear and detailed analysis; trigger warning: he is pro-Russki

I still remember when the Berlin Wall came down, the Challenger exploded, and 9/11. As a fan of WW2 history the current amount of data in the world on this war is staggering… ly bad. Like the worst misinformation campaign possible. Some article said they're using military AI for Covid "misinformation" suppression; makes sense to do it for the Russo/Ukrainian war as well.

The Infographics Show on Youtube is literally a propaganda arm of the US gov. So tired of people telling me what they know about this war... and I can finish their quotes based on that stupid channel.

I linked to Montemayor’s YouTube page as well if you like to learn about WW2 historical naval battles. he does a nice job with those

Great artice, where it falls a little short is in the Western European economic predictions, that said many were predicting the same collapse. Otherwise very thought out.

Reactions: pineoak
It has been wargamed to the death… If this will not resolve in few months expect bright flash (if lucky) or live like a mole deep underground until supplies last.
I guess people in power in the east (at least) are screened and picked carefully as i would press the red one now without an ounce of hesitation or warning to the western bitches spewing bullshit…

my knee jerk thoughts:

I do not believe we are pushing to go "hot" with Russia. The goal was to grind R down economically and militarily, isolating them economically and hurting their economy & using up their supplies to make them less of a threat so we don't end up fighting with 2 near peers simultaneously should we go kinetic with China over Taiwan or any reason in the future. Take out the smaller threat, then engage the larger one from US perspective. #2 & #3 vs #1 is a very old concept

Reading this first paragraph I assume "R" = our Republic.

Thank you for talking the time to respond & source links above.

Reactions: smola
Honestly, I'm not sure that 1. Ukraine will have enough bodies to throw at R for much longer without supplementing with NATO troops & 2. without directly engaging R as a full NATO force I'm not convinced we have much more to give U

So how many men does Ukraine have left to offer? How many have been killed and wounded to date?

Montemayor's videos on the WWII naval battles in the Pacific are very detailed and well made.

You should also check out Drachinifel's YouTube channel of naval warfare history.

Reactions: pineoak
Reading this first paragraph I assume "R" = our Republic.

Thank you for talking the time to respond & source links above.
That is funny! And quite likely accurate.

But for people just going a quick skim, R is for Russia; U is for Ukraine

My opinion is worth what you paid for it.

The US is the most powerful nation on the planet, they obviously saw Russian as a distant threat that needed to be taken down a peg, Obama directly said as much years ago. Pity China is allowed free reign but retards gonna retard.

Remember when this was a key plank in the Republican during the 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns? Can't pin this solely on Obama.

The establishment wants this conflict, and right vs left has almost nothing to do with it.

So, secret electronics? Or just no "secret armor?" Sending an "A2" is not just like going out west and picking one from the tank boneyard.

Reactions: Fig
Remember when this was a key plank in the Republican during the 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns? Can't pin this solely on Obama.

The establishment wants this conflict, and right vs left has almost nothing to do with it.
It certainly seems to be long term US policy. I only mentioned Obama as a lot happened during his presidency (groundwork was laid long before but whatever, the current Ukraine/Russia situation has root back over one hundred years.) that he responded poorly to. I do not think the Republicans would have responded better but we don't live in that timeline.

At some point, the EU is going to wake up and realize they got f*cked by the US into a war in which they are giving up everything and now have the privilege of paying far more to the US for LNG transported by ships across water instead of R natural gas directly from pipes.
This is a good thing, the European countries could have been stronger and had their own agency but instead chose to be subservient to the US while also neglecting their own armed forces as America would protect them. In light of the current situation, a strong France, Germany and Poland would be a match for modern Russia.
France and Poland are doing ok but Germany is a pathetic shell of a country.

Reactions: E. Bryant
And American taxpayers who are funding this sh*t. Apparently being trillions of $ in debt isn't good enough. Need to BORROW more $ to ship to Ukraine.

What about our VA hospitals? Our homeless American population? Our disabled Americans? Why is my $ going to a foreign country to be used to buy mansions, luxury cars, and hookers for the U elites?
FIFY

So they are sending tanks aye... Noticed western media was pretty well silent on the missile strikes in Kiev and Odessa yesterday, which I believe do not have electricity currently. Tanks... come the fuck on.

So they are sending tanks aye... Noticed western media was pretty well silent on the missile strikes in Kiev and Odessa yesterday, which I believe do not have electricity currently. Tanks... come the fuck on.
Tanks will determine the course of the war and Russian tanks are barely functioning. ;)

CNN says so.

citing my "source" here:

We KNOW that CNN is a truly reputable source of information. They talked to one guy about Soviet tanks ages ago as a source. As if Russian tanks can't roll over ground once it's frozen over.

except I wonder if the Abrams we're promising them past the first 2 dozen are yet to be built, assuming Ukraine jumps the line ahead of Taiwan and Poland

We have promised them more HIMARS... which will be building soon and delivered in 2024. Curious if this is the tank situation as well given that we're looking at maybe 100 Leopards, 16 Challengers, and 16-20 Abrams being delivered at this time?

That'll be like a single tank brigade? Maybe another 1/2 of a second?

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
A tank is good PR material. The sheeple will cheer.... Takes the focus away from the southern border.

from Russian gov propaganda arm so take this with a grain of salt, though they have been proven accurate in the past:

Polish government sources told media that Warsaw transferred several MiG-29 jets to Ukraine last spring, disguising them as spare parts.

In spring 2022, Warsaw secretly delivered several of its MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine, despite the Polish government officially denying any such deals.

According to Dziennik Gazeta Prawna (DGP), the planes were sent over using a “combined” method, apparently meaning that they were delivered in a disassembled state and declared as spare parts.

“The fuselage and the wings are also spare parts,” DGP wrote Wednesday, citing sources within the Polish government.

:ROFLMAO:

from Russian gov propaganda arm so take this with a grain of salt, though they have been proven accurate in the past:

Polish government sources told media that Warsaw transferred several MiG-29 jets to Ukraine last spring, disguising them as spare parts.

In spring 2022, Warsaw secretly delivered several of its MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine, despite the Polish government officially denying any such deals.

According to Dziennik Gazeta Prawna (DGP), the planes were sent over using a “combined” method, apparently meaning that they were delivered in a disassembled state and declared as spare parts.

“The fuselage and the wings are also spare parts,” DGP wrote Wednesday, citing sources within the Polish government.

:ROFLMAO:
those have likely already been shot down. end of summer/fall there was a lot of noise about the UAF making moves, they had been retro fitted with HARM type weapons. I was actually surprised to hear about the # of MiG29's and SU-24 being shot down... It appeared to be more than they had pre feb2022. They needed more SEAD practice... I personally assumed some how more were getting in. I have been paying attention to Ukraine aircraft losses since the 2014.

Ukraine also had access to many foreign MiG29 that were in country at a repair depot. Given the situation I would assume they were utilized.

Reactions: 232593 and pineoak
Please allow me to rant a bit more and state the obvious. It just needs to be said to make my heart grieve a tiny bit little less.

From an email a friend recently sent:

There is a lot of cool tech being used in this war, such as suicide drones, loitering drones, and hypersonic missiles.

I feel sad every time I see a video where people die through trench warfare, drone, artillery, missiles, etc.

Because it's young guys on both sides dying for global political interests.

You figure a young baby boy was born. His parents raised him, changed his diapers, loved him. The father probably played soccer in the street or backyard with him. He went to school. Maybe he did well, maybe he didn't. The boy probably had crushes on certain pretty Eastern European classmates. If he's 18-22, maybe he got lucky enough to sleep with one or two. Now he is hit by a missile because the a**holes running Ukraine want to participate in this proxy war against Russia.

---

Rest in Peace to soldiers everywhere who throughout history have laid down their lives for their country.

...youth is wasted on the young..

flip side to that is, that same 18 year olds ukranian grandfather was prob executed or worked to death by that same russia

as f'd up as we are the US has no understanding of being occupied waiting for a knock on the door at night

everyone on this site and every one you ever met should thank god every morning that you were born who you are and where you are

we all won the lottery of life, could have just as easily been born in the Congo or ivory coast with a much different turnout

Status
Not open for further replies.