• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look the F35 is a badass jet but FFS.

Basically already developed, I bet if you went and ran the numbers for the development cost in the 60s and 70s. Adjusted for inflation, there’s not much difference.

I’m not sitting here saying the program was not expensive. It is, it’s the biggest single program but it also actually developed three different aircraft. It replaces multiple different aircraft so if you add together development cost of the Av-8, F 18, F 16,F 15,F 117. Now you’re starting to get into some numbers that are more representative of what it’s actually replacing.

A lot of the media that you see about this thing is from people who want to destroy the strength of our military... don’t buy their bullshit
if you took $190M and adjusted for inflation from 1960 it would be $ 1.8B, not $350-400B. That's a LOT of difference.

Her name is Olena Kurilo, 53, PhD in Economics and NATO Research Fellow.
I've seen better moulage from young medics getting my role players ready for exercise scenarios when I was Wing IG exercises and inspections superintendent. We only had public affairs folks to take pictures, but they at least used several different angles.

crisis-actor-part2.jpg

Look the F35 is a badass jet but FFS.

They've spent about 350bil on the F35 development program and another 60-70bil on the actual jets themselves (they are costing about 100mil each realistically). I don't even wanna try to figure out what they are spending on the training and maintenance which doesn't figure into those above numbers.

So napkin math time, they've spent the equivalent of 4,500 F15EXs to get 700 F35s (the F15EX program was 190mil).

If you really look into the F35 it’s all about data links and tactics

The f22 or F35 is point man

F35 tell the missile trucks f-15’s what to fire long range AM-RAM and get constant target updates from f-35

The f35 also carries tech to fool air defenses by projecting fictitious aircraft and getting AAA to light up their radars…then targeting them allowing a f-15/18 to enter contested airspace.

It’s more of a platform that a fighter.

Problem with that is in modern work we don’t allow the weapons to be used until it’s 100% ID…so we have to get too close.

Reactions: JakeM
Maybe they shot 1 down. And yes mistakes were made. One of the big ones also being lack of a jammer aircraft. For whatever reason they were’t in the sky that night.

F-117 also flew around 800 sorties,around 450 of them were successful.

Pilot survived. Thats not too shabby given the environment they were flying in.
That event was closely studied, it was convincingly determined that there were two factors. Involved.

1) The radar operators were using a modified transmitter at a very low frequency allowing them to eliminate normal clutter.
2) The operators knew exactly what part of the sky and at what time to look for it.

Reactions: Davo308
Posted the full video he got skeered by small arms fire.

I didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing, but I found the full vid after you mentioned it. there no video evidence of anything except really bad driving....and every third person in Ukraine drives like that on a normal day. the long convoluted story they're telling about Russian saboteurs wearing Ukrainian uniforms is nowhere on video.

The first pics just after they cleaned her up hence the scabs and bruising, her cheek is bloody in the second pic and the forehead wound is what bled so bad and needed to be stopped, the cheek was minor and fine until later.

There’s plenty of real fucky shit without people fabricatingmore. The only possibly weird part is why is her pic the only one being used.

I didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing, but I found the full vid after you mentioned it. there no video evidence of anything except really bad driving....and every third person in Ukraine drives like that on a normal day. the long convoluted story they're telling about Russian saboteurs wearing Ukrainian uniforms is nowhere on video.
It was in the description on multiple I’ve seen. Pretty sure they were shooting at the tracked vehicle when he lost control with all the shots in the background, which is sort of funny.

The first pics just after they cleaned her up hence the scabs and bruising, her cheek is bloody in the second pic and the forehead wound is what bled so bad and needed to be stopped, the cheek was minor and fine until later.

There’s plenty of real fucky shit without people fabricatingmore. The only possibly weird part is why is her pic the only one being used.
Dude, come on. It was a fake invasion and totally Trumps fault!

:rolleyes: Lots of comments not aging too well, from the large collective of experts on foreign policy we've got here.

72 hours ago a bunch of "experts" were still posting this invasion would never happen.

I talked to some idiot lefty 3 days ago. He said US satellite imaging would "nullify Russian forces" because Ukraine would know where to send its forces.

I laughed and told him it just meant we'd have a better view of the invasion.

That was kind of my point. I'm not there, just sitting in my recliner "observing" and providing my own non-expert opinion. ;)

Reactions: akmike47
That was kind of my point. I'm not there, just sitting in my recliner "observing" and providing my own non-expert opinion. ;)
I wasn’t referring to you, but the twatter twit

😘 I forgive you

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey
That event was closely studied, it was convincingly determined that there were two factors. Involved.

1) The radar operators were using a modified transmitter at a very low frequency allowing them to eliminate normal clutter.
2) The operators knew exactly what part of the sky and at what time to look for it.
Command Guidance with an Optical Targeting system. That is how they guided the missile.

Any low band wave length is too big to get a targeting track. The wave length is too long. Its not accurate enough. They used low band radar for detection. But they guided it with an optical targeting system. Not radar.

I have studied this too.

It would be a system similar to the DAS of f-35 or OLS on Flankers and Mig-29. But manually guided.

2) The operators knew exactly what part of the sky and at what time to look for
A7882C13-7269-4CA6-9B6C-C7AFF927E902.jpeg

This is the system used.

You cannot get a targeting track with low band radar. Especially in 1999

Reactions: Two36
Status
Not open for further replies.